ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball PREVIEW: Rutgers season opening series vs. Houston Baptist

So it looks like Brian Fitzpatrick followed by the two grad transfers as the starters. That surprises me just a little. But the coach did hint at shorter appearances for the starters this year.

I like that RU isn’t opening up with a brutal schedule to start the season like they used to. I always felt like opening with Miami and then playing another top team hurt the development of the rotation.

I like that RU isn’t opening up with a brutal schedule to start the season like they used to. I always felt like opening with Miami and then playing another top team hurt the development of the rotation.
Fred Hill scheduled them thinking that the competition in those games prepared the team for the league games.

I had no issue with them playing tough teams. But watching them get smacked on the road right out of the gate back to back weeks didn’t help much
We had enough trouble beating Florida Atlantic. Scheduling Miami might have only made sense in that it helped Coach Hill get the team’s attention.

Reactions: biazza38
It was just asinine. At best you start 1-2. Play scrubs to start the season, then add tougher OOC games once you hit the ground running.
It worked very well for Coach Hill. He made some NCAA tournaments as an at large due in large part to a strong OOC schedule. Moose knew what he was doing.

Reactions: rufeelinit
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT