ADVERTISEMENT

Princeton beats Lehigh

wngarbarini

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
May 4, 2006
Lehigh was favored on WrestleState but Princeton turned the tables to win 6 out of 10 bouts to win the match

Lehigh was favored on WrestleState but Princeton turned the tables to win 6 out of 10 bouts to win the match
If Princeton can't beat RU in a dual in their home gym this year, they may never beat RU in a dual again. Although RU notoriously wrestles its best in February and March of late.

With the line-up that actually wrestled we (WrestleStat) had it 19-17 Lehigh. We predicted 9 of 10 winners, missed on Q. Monday beating Josh Humpreys which was the swing Princeton needed to get the win.

With the line-up that actually wrestled we (WrestleStat) had it 19-17 Lehigh. We predicted 9 of 10 winners, missed on Q. Monday beating Josh Humpreys which was the swing Princeton needed to get the win.
9 of 10 is very good.

I don't know if you venture over to BWI from time to time or not, but pinned at the top of the page is a link to a contest that I run, called "Know Your Penn State Wrestlers". Essentially, for each dual, participants pick the winner of each match for two points and the type of decision, for one point. Each dual is worth a possible 30 points.

This year, I am keeping a player named "Wrestlestat", which is, obviously, the predictions from Wrestlestat dual comparisons for each match.

In PSU v. Navy, Wrestlestat scored 18/30 and in PSU v. ASU, Wrestlestat scored 19/30. The average scores for 67 players the first dual and 47 players the second dual were 20 and 19, respectively.

A couple of things will/would be very interesting to me. First, if Wrestlestat dual predictions get better through the season. And second, I wonder if non-Wrestlestat predictions would be significantly better if fans were predicting for teams other than their own, and by how much. For sure, there is a "blue and white glasses" bias in the contest, and I've got to believe there would be less of that, if, say, Rutgers' fans were picking for a PSU dual. Then again, the bias might go the other way. Ha.

BTW, if anyone over here wants the contest spreadsheet to run a KYRW contest here, I'm more than happy to pass it along.

Reactions: obrats
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT