ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions for the Dual Meet Season Assuming Starters Compete

bluemountain1967

Sophomore
Feb 8, 2020
Duke - Win - Possible shut-out
Cal Poly Win - 7 bouts to 3
Va. Tech Win 6 bouts to 4 (Peterson, Moore, White, Soldano, Paz, & Yara win)
Edinboro Win - Shut-out
Princeton Win - 8 bouts to 2 (
Buffalo Win - Shut-out
Penn Win - 6 bouts to 4
Rider Win - 9 bouts to 1
Indiana Win - 6 bouts to 4
Purdue Win - 8 bouts to 2
MSU Win - 7 bouts to 3
Michigan Lose 4 bouts to 6
Minnesota ? 5 bouts each (bonus points decide)
OSU Lose 3 bouts to 7
PSU Lose 1 bout to 9
Maryland Win 7 bouts to 3
Bloomsbury Win Shut-Out

Last edited:
Edinboro Win - Shut-out
Buffalo Win - Shut-out
Penn Win - 6 bouts to 4
Rider Win - 9 bouts to 1
MSU Win - 7 bouts to 3
OSU Lose 3 bouts to 7
PSU Lose 1 bout to 7
Bloomsbury Win Shut-Out
I think that would be a pretty impressive year. If we get toss ups our way.

"Va. Tech Win 6 bouts to 4 (Peterson, Moore, White, Soldano, Paz, & Yara win)"

As you aptly said, "...if the starters compete", the match will depend on Peterson, White, and Poz. If one of them loses, it's down to bonus points or criteria. Peterson needs to upset a higher-ranking opponent. White needs to show a top 20-level performance. Same for Poz. I think White will have the greater challenge. Since all three need to go our way, I think we'll have a close loss.

Similar situation with OSU. All three of Clark, White, and Poz need to win. White will face Hepner, a RU de-commit.

Edit: Looks like something is going on with Hepner. Injuries?

Last edited:
With Michigan, I'll give Peterson the toss-up win, but then Moore and Yara-Slav need to pull bigger upsets to have any chance of a win. I think bonus points will factor against us. This mountain may be a tad or two too high.

Edinboro Win - Shut-out
Buffalo Win - Shut-out
Penn Win - 6 bouts to 4
Rider Win - 9 bouts to 1
MSU Win - 7 bouts to 3
OSU Lose 3 bouts to 7
PSU Lose 1 bout to 7
Bloomsbury Win Shut-Out
Wow those are some far out predictions!! Can’t wait for the V Tech match.. they are ranked pretty high and we got a lot of tossup matches vs them .. a great early season test cant wait

In Goody’s presser from 1-2 days ago, sure sounds like not every starter will be going in every dual. But yes what unc did was egregious in my opinion and fully defeats the purpose of a high level OOC dual.

In Goody’s presser from 1-2 days ago, sure sounds like not every starter will be going in every dual. But yes what unc did was egregious in my opinion and fully defeats the purpose of a high level OOC dual.
I would imagine in duals such as Princeton, Rider, Buffalo, Edinboro, Bloomsburg, etc. we won't be seeing all of the normal starters and they are great opportunities to give some other guys some matches to gauge their development. These match ups would be (and still might be) extremely lopsided with all of the starters. There are a few good individual match ups here and there but expect to see some different lineups during these duals which is always great to see, especially for freshmen and younger guys. Hopefully we get to see guys like Casale, Hermes, Fongaro, Cetta, Gayer, Chletsos, and the Weavers compete this year.

Also, I would imagine we are sending some/all of the guys who aren't making the trip out to California to the Princeton Open which is on 11/5

I would imagine in duals such as Princeton, Rider, Buffalo, Edinboro, Bloomsburg, etc. we won't be seeing all of the normal starters and they are great opportunities to give some other guys some matches to gauge their development. These match ups would be (and still might be) extremely lopsided with all of the starters. There are a few good individual match ups here and there but expect to see some different lineups during these duals which is always great to see, especially for freshmen and younger guys. Hopefully we get to see guys like Casale, Hermes, Fongaro, Cetta, Gayer, Chletsos, and the Weavers compete this year.

Also, I would imagine we are sending some/all of the guys who aren't making the trip out to California to the Princeton Open which is on 11/5
Agree, Coach Goodale does not sit out wrestlers(unless injured) in any of the big matches. Duke, Bloomsburg and Edinboro are awful. Expect backups in those 3 for sure. Buffalo and Rider maybe 1 or 2 backups.
I am hoping more of the backups compete in the open tournaments

Agree, Coach Goodale does not sit out wrestlers(unless injured) in any of the big matches. Duke, Bloomsburg and Edinboro are awful. Expect backups in those 3 for sure. Buffalo and Rider maybe 1 or 2 backups.
I am hoping more of the backups compete in the open tournaments
Or when he sits butler vs Lamar this week

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT