ADVERTISEMENT

Princeton Open

We more than likely won't know for certain until the morning when the guys actually weigh-in. I've seen reports that we are spending a decent sized group, mostly unattached but a few attached as well but things always change with these open tournaments.

We more than likely won't know for certain until the morning when the guys actually weigh-in. I've seen reports that we are spending a decent sized group, mostly unattached but a few attached as well but things always change with these open tournaments.
6 athletes will be attached I would imagine. 6 or less and it doesn't count as a date on the schedule

Reactions: mikemessner
Hopefully they all wrestle. I feel like we have a history of guys registering for these early season opens and then day of nobody shows up.

Looks like its free admission ... with so few home matches may need to swing by and catch a few matches ... anyone know what site the brackets will be on?

I am off Sunday.....Jadwin Gym? I have never been to an open tournament....Is it chaos trying to figure out who is wrestling where?

Looks like its free admission ... with so few home matches may need to swing by and catch a few matches ... anyone know what site the brackets will be on?
I believe its on Flo Arena

Attached Lineup
133 - Brandan Chletsos
141 - Joe Fongaro
165 - Luke Gayer
174 - Eric Freeman
184 - Stratos Kantanas
285 - PJ Casale

Unattached Lineup
125 - Dean Peterson
125 - Dylan Shawver
133 - Devon Britton
133 - Nico Messina
141 - Sebastiano Nini
141 - Joseph Olivieri
149 - Michael Cetta
149 - Andrew Gapas
157 - Andrew Clark
157 - Al DeSantis
157 - Dylan Weaver
165 - Connor O'Neill
184 - John Poznanski
184 - Michael Toranzo
197 - Niccolo Colucci
197 - Kyle Epperly

I thought we were getting 21 unattached?

In addition to the 6 guys we knew were y going (Janzer, White, Boone, Heilman, Kannaird, Soldano), it looks like Raimo, Kurzer, Alvarez, Turley, and Odonnell also aren’t going.

In addition to the 6 guys we knew were y going (Janzer, White, Boone, Heilman, Kannaird, Soldano), it looks like Raimo, Kurzer, Alvarez, Turley, and Odonnell also aren’t going.
I’m assuming they are easing in Turley off of the surgery (similar to Janzer) and Alvarez since he just wrestled at U23s. I believe Goody said if we had a dual this weekend everyone would be available so I think it’s load management.

Not sure about Raimo though as there has been really nothing from him since he’s been here. I know he’s had injuries and whatnot, so I was actually surprised to see that he certified at a weight this year, because I don't believe he did last year. Hopefully he gets back on the mat soon.

Kurzer can't go he's a freshman. ODonnell should be going.

It’s sad that this tournament starts in less than 18 hours and there’s no list of teams entered, never mind having brackets. Sport is never going to grow with the lack of communication.

It’s sad that this tournament starts in less than 18 hours and there’s no list of teams entered, never mind having brackets. Sport is never going to grow with the lack of communication.
Lists of teams and wrestlers registered should be made available prior to tournament. No excuse. Brackets on the other hand are not done until after weigh-ins

Looks like Kurzer and Odonnell are both in. Not sure if it’s a loophole but Kurzer is listed as SKWC. Heilmann and Kannaird (SKWC) are also listed. By my count 26 guys are listed with Raimo, Alvarez, White, Turley, Soldano, Janzer, and Boone being the only ones missing.

There’s so many former NJ state place winners enrolled. Pretty cool to see.

Brackets are up. Weak field. Great time for the Pin Pool. We should get 4 champs and 2 seconds. Will give our guys lots of confidence. Go RU

Looks like Kurzer and Odonnell are both in. Not sure if it’s a loophole but Kurzer is listed as SKWC. Heilmann and Kannaird (SKWC) are also listed. By my count 26 guys are listed with Raimo, Alvarez, White, Turley, Soldano, Janzer, and Boone being the only ones missing.

There’s so many former NJ state place winners enrolled. Pretty cool to see.
I might me missing it but I don’t see Heilmann or Kanniard in the brackets on flo

Who are your 4 champs and 2 seconds?? Any interesting matchups?? I see D Peterson could meet Glory in semifinals
6 Finalists? Do not see that happening. Think 2 champs in Poz and Olivieri

MS-RU-my guess that Heilmann and Kanniard were registered early and late scratches(that is why article on the tournament did not include them)

Reactions: Leonard23 and MS-RU
125: Peterson should win his first match but then has a good test against Seymour in round of 8. Shawver should take 2nd here.

133: Hopefully each guy can get a win in the early rounds

141: Olivieri can take this. Slendorn is decent, I think he lost to Raimo in the state finals years ago. Bell at the 1 is also good, not sure if they ever wrestled before.

149: Interested to see what Fongaro can do. Not expecting much from the others at this weight.

157: I think Clark and DeSantis can both go on a bit of a run here. Don’t recognize any names aside from Eyler

165: I think the bottom of this bracket is wide open. Whalen up 20 pounds from high school could take on Hunter Mays and if things shake out the winner could face Oneill later on. Possible Gayer vs Simon Ruiz match too.

174: Dont know much about Freeman

184: If Poz is truly healthy, motivated and in the right mindset he runs through this field

197: Not expecting much

285: Lets see what Casale is all about

I think we can get 2 champs (Olivieri, Poz) maybe 5 finalists (Shawver, Desantis/Clark, Oneill)

Reactions: ScarletGrapfan
Alright who's got the mat assignments?
They're on Flo Arena.

Heads up to anyone streaming on their phone, ESPN website (in desktop mode) is better because you can see the mat # for each stream link, whereas you can't on the app until you select the link (at least on my phone) 🤦🏻‍♂️

App shows Princeton Open (Ma

Website shows Princeton Open (Mat #)

Cetta has been on mat 7. It’s 3-3 but he just rode out 2nd period. Not sure what riding time is

Reactions: brentx35
ESPN3 is ok mat coverage...just have t know where our wrestlers are coming up

Olivieri advances. 6 point move and rides out to win. Kind of what he is. Low scoring, doesn’t give up points. He’s going to win a lot of matches but don’t see him racking up bonus points.

Reactions: Leonard23
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT