ADVERTISEMENT

Princeton Rewatch - Specifically watched Gavin Griffiths

I hope everybody keeps some perspective with how bad BU was. We've all seen plenty of guys light up OOC.
And yet.. shooting from the arc the ball still must fall through the cylinder... so some things are creditable regardless of competition. Free throws were awful and they would probably be worse if the players were more tired from working harder on D against better competition. Maybe we get fewer open looks.. but when you get em.. getting the ball to go through the cylinder is the same task.

Even allowing for BU being inferior to PU.. I think the team played much better.

BTW... do you think we saw the first example of HACK-A-CLIFF?

Seemed to me that BU was coached to pound us inside and deny dunks NO MATTER WHAT IT TOOK... unsafe. Should Pike be watching for this? If BU did it.. what opponents will try the same thing? I'm looking at you, SHU.

Of course he played great tonight.. different competition level. And at his new home.

But don't take too many bows yet.. you were wrong on his D.. for the PRINCETON game. He played much better D this game... maybe because he had his film vs Princeton to see what he needed to change?

But take a bow on his offense. Dead on. At one point where he missed 2 threes in a row.. every miss I just said KEEP SHOOTING. SHOOTERS GOTA SHOOT.

I scolded him and Palmquist vs Princeton for turning down shots to feed others... when THEY NEED TO SHOOT THE BALL.

And about Pike.. said several times this week.. give him time.. he played with lineups early last year and figured it out. he will do so again.
His D was not that bad in Game 1, this is a false story, in fact he was far from our worse defender, Hyatt and Simpson were terrible, and Cliff let Martini leak out to the perimeter for the 3s that gave Princeton the cushion they needed to win.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
And yet.. shooting from the arc the ball still must fall through the cylinder... so some things are creditable regardless of competition. Free throws were awful and they would probably be worse if the players were more tired from working harder on D against better competition. Maybe we get fewer open looks.. but when you get em.. getting the ball to go through the cylinder is the same task.

Even allowing for BU being inferior to PU.. I think the team played much better.

BTW... do you think we saw the first example of HACK-A-CLIFF?

Seemed to me that BU was coached to pound us inside and deny dunks NO MATTER WHAT IT TOOK... unsafe. Should Pike be watching for this? If BU did it.. what opponents will try the same thing? I'm looking at you, SHU.
Agree on the treys. No matter who you play, those shots are for the most part uncontested (other than a defender running out with his hand up which is more of a distraction than a defense).

PS: BU also has a solid free-throw defense, as we found out.😉

Plenty of guys come through can shoot and can't get open vs Big Ten defense. Plenty of guys look good with open looks vs the BUs over the years. Issa Thiam,etc etc

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT