ADVERTISEMENT

Proud. Proud. Proud. Three consequences of this game (including a deeply personal one)

RUSCFORMERLYRULOU

All Conference
Gold Member
Nov 12, 2017
1. Ranked tomorrow.
2. Playing with house money Thursday.
3. Finally, I said to my eight year old son we would fly up from South Carolina to see us at MSG if we won today. We did, so the third generation of Rutgers fans in my family gets to see his first live game.

1. Ranked tomorrow.
3. Finally, I said to my eight year old son we would fly up from South Carolina to see us at MSG if we won today. We did, so the third generation of Rutgers fans in my family gets to see his first live game.
Congrats on starting the tradition! You guys will love it. Started bringing our son to occasional football/hoops when he was a toddler and he became a decent fan by the time he was 8 or 9 (not a fanatic, but liked going to games). Some of my best memories were taking him to the Louisville game in 2006, as well as the 3 OT loss at WVU, plus some good hoops games in the Waters era. He's now 28 and comes to at least a couple of football and hoops games with me each year and we have a blast.

Love seeing the RU traditions being built here with the upcoming generations.

As for my family members, (aunts, cousins, sibling. etc.), half, (at least), are Rutgers grads, my late uncle was a starting lineman for RU back before my time in the 50's, and having grown up in New Brunswick, Rutgers has always been in my blood and always will be.

Keep on keeping those Scarlet Knight family bonds alive!

1. Ranked tomorrow.
Fantastic!! Nothing better than father/kid Rutgers experiences...enjoy

Reactions: mikebal9
My boys are 6 and 8 and they now know the players' names and numbers. Doubt it would have happened so early if I didn't bring them to our opener 2 years ago when they gave out the Mulcahy headbands. I knew things were sinking in when the older one asked, "Geo is back? That kid hasn't graduated yet?" at our first game last year.

1. Ranked tomorrow.

One of my great memories as a kid was my dad doing me real good and taking me to the garden twice as a 9 year of kid way past his bed tine for the ECAC holiday festival in December of 1978 ….and watching James Bailey led Rutgers beat St. John’s and Ohio state in a sold out Madison swuare garden

You will have a blast ….

One of my great memories as a kid was my dad doing me real good and taking me to the garden twice as a 9 year of kid way past his bed tine for the ECAC holiday festival in December of 1978 ….and watching James Bailey led Rutgers beat St. John’s and Ohio state in a sold out Madison swuare garden

You will have a blast ….
I was there too. Great game!

Reactions: Scarlet Shack

You will have a blast ….
Your dad is a great man!

Reactions: Scarlet Shack
Love seeing the RU traditions being built here with the upcoming generations.

As for my family members, (aunts, cousins, sibling. etc.), half, (at least), are Rutgers grads, my late uncle was a starting lineman for RU back before my time in the 50's, and having grown up in New Brunswick, Rutgers has always been in my blood and always will be.

Keep on keeping those Scarlet Knight family bonds alive!
I’ve been going to games at Rutgers since 1973 when I started at Rutgers as a undergraduate .I started taking my son to Basketball and Football games regularly when he was in High School. He went to college in Boston and settled there so our in person games together are rare. I still go to most Football and Basketball games and text with him during every game. We talk Rutgers sports and both enjoy the wins and suffer the Loses.We did go to a few Bowl games pre Covid and plan to do it again. This year we did go to a football game together, he reminded me of so many experiences we shared and how significant it was for him. I have a 21 month old grandson who will be a Rutgers fan. He already has Rutgers garb.Sharing Rutgers sports is in our blood. I get calls of congratulations from family members on big wins. Scarlet Bonds are strong.

I’ve been going to games at Rutgers since 1973 when I started at Rutgers as a undergraduate .I started taking my son to Basketball and Football games regularly when he was in High School. He went to college in Boston and settled there so our in person games together are rare. I still go to most Football and Basketball games and text with him during every game. We talk Rutgers sports and both enjoy the wins and suffer the Loses.We did go to a few Bowl games pre Covid and plan to do it again. This year we did go to a football game together, he reminded me of so many experiences we shared and how significant it was for him. I have a 21 month old grandson who will be a Rutgers fan. He already has Rutgers garb.Sharing Rutgers sports is in our blood. I get calls of congratulations from family members on big wins. Scarlet Bonds are strong.

Outstanding, Howie!975, -Absolutely outstanding. 👍 :CHOP::Hammer Nails:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT