ADVERTISEMENT

QB Rating of 9.3

the learning process is hitting a few bumps in the road...

image_zpsvhllarfv.jpeg

Wait. Wait Laviano is the # 3 rated QB in the Big Ten. It must be true because fuking idiots keep posting how great he is.

What was rettigs rating today? Maybe we should try Rescigno in the 4th quarter mop up next game instead of Rettig. See what he can do

I forgot. The backup QB coming in with 9:00 to go after sitting on the bench cold the entire game when no one on the field wants to be there because it's been such a disgusting game after he received a small share of first team reps in practice is supposed to light it up and lead the team to a few TDs. Or is that the starting QB's job...?

Your excuses get worse and worse

EDIT: I forgot to mention that Rettig only got to throw one pass while Chris was afforded the wonderful opportunity to throw 26 (for a whopping 97 yards)

Hey Coach Fudd, I really think it's time to try something new...anything...

Also wonder what the QB rating of the QBs for BYU, Maryland and Oregon st were against Michigan? If you didn't read my other post you may not realize that by the end of the third quarter today Rutgers had already exceeded the passing yards and point totals that those teams had amassed in their whole game against Michigan earlier this year. That is one tough D.

Also wonder what the QB rating of the QBs for BYU, Maryland and Oregon st were against Michigan? If you didn't read my other post you may not realize that by the end of the third quarter today Rutgers had exceeded the passing yards and point totals that those teams had amassed in their whole game against Michigan earlier this year. That is one tough D.

Oh so we're less shitty than Or St who lost 41-0 to UCLA today? Good to know

O
I forgot. The backup QB coming in with 9:00 to go after sitting on the bench cold the entire game when no one on the field wants to be there because it's been such a disgusting game after he received a small share of first team reps in practice is supposed to light it up and lead the team to a few TDs. Or is that the starting QB's job...?

Oh and don't forget he is thrown out there with his back up O line against michigans' 1st team D.Flood seems to want Rettig to fail.Laviano is certainly an epic fail.

Reactions: czxqa and koleszar
What was rettigs rating today? Maybe we should try Rescigno in the 4th quarter mop up next game instead of Rettig. See what he can do

Man, that is warped thinking for sure. If Gio was number 2 he would start next. Since he is not, he would wait until #2 failed as a starter. Your misplaced loyalty ignores the fact that the bench sometimes works wonders for a slumping number 1

Also wonder what the QB rating of the QBs for BYU, Maryland and Oregon st were against Michigan? If you didn't read my other post you may not realize that by the end of the third quarter today Rutgers had already exceeded the passing yards and point totals that those teams had amassed in their whole game against Michigan earlier this year. That is one tough D.

Passer Rating vs Michigan

Collins, Oregon State 43.5
Mangum, BYU 12.2
Laviano, Rutgers 9.5
Rowe, Maryland 2.3

Caleb Rowe stopped being the starter for Maryland after the Michigan game.

Laviano's QB rating in previous games:

vs Ohio State 20.7
vs Wisconsin 2.7

Reactions: Rutgers Man 22
O

Oh and don't forget he is thrown out there with his back up O line against michigans' 1st team D.Flood seems to want Rettig to fail.Laviano is certainly an epic fail.
I saw this too. I thought for sure we were going to run the clock out by running the ball because that's what any competent coach would do. When Flood made that bat sh*t crazy decision to throw I was dumbfounded. It was if he was trying to get his backup killed, truly head scratching moment for me. I swear sometimes this coaching staff just makes sh*t up as they go along. It's very disconcerting.

Reactions: RUinPAC10land
Flood has never wanted to see what Rettig could do. He's had several chances to bring him in to start the second half but always waits until the final minutes.

There really must be something personal going on here.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that Rettig only got to throw one pass while Chris was afforded the wonderful opportunity to throw 26 (for a whopping 97 yards)

You must have also forgot there were multiple other pass plays for Rettig, but he was sacked or ran them out of bounds. As all the morons say during the game thread... Throw the damn ball.. Get rid of it... How could you take the sack there... .....nice mobility.......Is he afraid to throw downfield? Why don't the same criticisms of Laviano come out when Rettig does the same damn thing.

The issue is not really the QB. No QB can succeed with this offense. The issue is the stupid mother f cking coach who does the same thing over and over even though IT'S NOT WORKING. He needs to be fired so yesterday.

Reactions: rutgers4life11
You must have also forgot there were multiple other pass plays for Rettig, but he was sacked or ran them out of bounds. As all the morons say during the game thread... Throw the damn ball.. Get rid of it... How could you take the sack there... .....nice mobility.......Is he afraid to throw downfield? Why don't the same criticisms of Laviano come out when Rettig does the same damn thing.
Alright flood we get it you have a man crush on laviano.... we have now seen 8 weeks of laviano as the starting qb and a 2-6 record and an offense that is allergic to the opposing teams side of the 50 yard line. But you floodies and laviano supporters will find every excuse in the book to back them up no matter how bad they are.

The issue is not really the QB. No QB can succeed with this offense. The issue is the stupid mother f cking coach who does the same thing over and over even though IT'S NOT WORKING. He needs to be fired so yesterday.

While I agree that I would love to see what all the qbs and O players could do with competent planning, coaching and play calling... Laviano stunk up the joint and I think there is now enough evidence for the rag arm critics to get some respect.

Laviano is a horrible QB. He gives you no chance to win games if the team is equal or better than.

Reactions: cubuffsdoug
Flood has never wanted to see what Rettig could do. He's had several chances to bring him in to start the second half but always waits until the final minutes.

There really must be something personal going on here.

Exactly. Why not get all the pressure off his back and prove the fanbase wrong... by putting in the 'inferior' QB. It'll tell you why... he's afraid that he's wrong.

Reactions: brodo
IF Rettig ever started the 2nd half, with a clean slate, your point might be valid. By the time Rettig has gotten into games, the outcome is all but certain, and some players are mentally out of the game.
I want Laviano to be successful, but to wait into the 2nd quarter for your first completion, is insane. BTW, Rettig still hasn't taken a snap with Carroo on the field; not one snap.

Skyler asked a fair question. What was Rettig's rating? What did he do besides show his lack of mobility and his lack of composure!

The first play he got in he did not even know which direction to turn for a handoff. On his scrambles instead or running to get yards he runs backwards and sideways.

I'm convinced that this poster is messing with us. He can't possibly be this stupid.

He still hasn't explained why Rutgers lost to Michigan by a greater margin than BYU, Maryland, and Oregon State. Or how RU's 16 points were all scored by Janarian Grant returns and Kyle Federico kicks. Besides handing off the ball,without fumbling and completing less than 50% of his passes for less than 100 yards, what exactly did Laviano do to show prove he is worthy of a B1G quarterback?

Laviano is a horrible QB. He gives you no chance to win games if the team is equal or better than.

This is funny.This is the perfect example of the complete and utter rediculousness of the typical posts so many of you pollute these boards with blasting Laviano and coach Flood.

You say Laviano gives us no chance, as a young inexperienced QB to defeat teams we are equal to or better than?

LAVIANO HAS ALREADY DONE WHAT YOU SAY HE CANT DO!

Is Michigan state better than Rutgers this year ? Was Rutgers within a TD and driving to score a tying TD at the game? Was Laviano the QB for RU in this game? Does being in this position at the end of the game. constitute having a chance to win the game? Did Laviano give RU a chance to defeat a team better than us?

Uhh YES YES YES YES and YES

Is Indiana Better than Rutgers or at least equal to Rutgers? --- I would argue that many of you would say Indiana is better than RU based on their resume. - They are 4-5, they took both the current Big Ten West and Big Ten East leaders (OHIO St and Iowa) down to the wire.......had a one rough game against PSU when their starting QB was out, lost to MSU and a heartbreaker to Rutgers Have not really been blown out by any Power teams .

Once again the answer is YES YES YES..

But he didn't fumble a snap, miss a wide open tight end over the middle by 5 yards or bounce a 10 yard pass to a receiver so he has that going for him.

Skyler asked a fair question. What was Rettig's rating? What did he do besides show his lack of mobility and his lack of composure!

I'll bite. Rettig was awful. His passer rating was probably identical in the 7 minutes he played to the rating Laviano had after the complete 15 minutes of play in the first quarter.

Happy?

The first play he got in he did not even know which direction to turn for a handoff. On his scrambles instead or running to get yards he runs backwards and sideways.

I think Kyle wants to hire you as our next QB coach. Come on, you have to be smarter than that. Based onFlood's handling of the QB situation during games do you honestly believe that Rettig gets a fair number of reps with the first team during the week? He likely gets none. Also, it is hard to perform when it is clear that your head coach has no confidence in you.

As for the game, Rettig was in there with the backup line, which gotten eaten alive. The kid didn't have a chance back there. And, as for his running, I appreciate that he runs laterally because it means that his head is still down field and he's thinking throw not run.

BTW, I am not convinced that Rettig will be great. But, we know what we have in CL so what is the issue with giving Rettig a full week of practice with the starters and a chance to play an entire game.

gain
He still hasn't explained why Rutgers lost to Michigan by a greater margin than BYU, Maryland, and Oregon State. Or how RU's 16 points were all scored by Janarian Grant returns and Kyle Federico kicks. Besides handing off the ball,without fumbling and completing less than 50% of his passes for less than 100 yards, what exactly did Laviano do to show prove he is worthy of a B1G quarterback?

Never once have I argued that Laviano was a good QB in any way. I have never commented about his relative abilities . Have only ever stated that I am sticking with the coaches decision that he is the QB that will give us a better shot to win, and I have pointed out how poorly Rettig has fared in comparable environments. I have commented that he has done enough to get us wins... but never ever did I comment that he is a good QB. He is a young inexperienced QB, who is taking his lumps. Why would I ever expect him to be good at this point or comment to that effect. I have also pointed out stats that our offense has amassed against the Michigan defense and pointed out comparable stats accumulated by other teams against the same defense. I have never once made any judgement on Laviano's abilities based on the data I presented. I have left the interpretation up to the reader.

Why should I try to explain why RU lost by greater margins than those other teams. I don't know. I just posted the final numbers from those games, since someone was asking about it. Was left up to the reader again to interpret. I made no comments as to what these numbers meant or to try to interpret them.

But he didn't fumble a snap, miss a wide open tight end over the middle by 5 yards or bounce a 10 yard pass to a receiver so he has that going for him.

And Laviano didn't trip himself up on his own feet with the closest defender 5 yards away like Rettig did against Ohio State. So don't use that . Rettig has had as many self inflicted bluders per minutes played as Laviano has had. But Rettigs was just so embarrassing. Felt really bad for the kid that that happened on national TV. Hope most people had turned it off by then.

O

OK HERE IS ANOTHER GUY WHO DOESN'T WATCH THE GAME And JUST MAKES BLANKET STATEMENTS THAT SUPPORT HIS AGENDA.

If your definition of a backup O Line is 1 of 6 starters being replaced, then by all means feel free and tell all your friends that the backup line was in there.

I just went back and was watching some of the replay of the game on BTN2Go. I went to Rettigs plays and noted the OL guys who were in the game while he was in there.
As the announcers stated during the game (Fogot if I was listening to the radio broadcast or the TV at that point ) Denman had replaced Lumpkin. But as I just confirmed, every other OL starter was in there, including the Tight End. So 5 of the 6 starting OL & TE players were in there with Rettig. Not sure how many starting Michigan defensive players were in there.. I didnt pull out the roster. Since your attention to detail on our OL was lest than stellar, I will make a really long stretch here and say you don't REALLY know if the Michigan starting "D" was in there. Or maybe you feel that if one of the starters was in there that constitutes the starting "D". Maybe your heard that Denman was playing and assumed everyone else was replaced.. But that would be a piss poor assumption if you are going to run to a message board and make a statement. So If your definition of a backup O Line is 1of 6 starters taken out, then by all means feel free and tell all your friends that the backup line was in there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT