ADVERTISEMENT

Ramel Meekins

Time flys.

http://www.nj.com/hssports/blog/wrestling/index.ssf/2010/04/grappling_with_their_futures_new_jerseys_top_high_school_wrestlers_choose_football_for_college.html

'Kevin Malast, Damaso Munoz, Jonathan Freeny and William Beckford are other past or present Scarlet Knights football players to leave behind elite high school wrestling careers. Ramel Meekins is believed to be the only area athlete in recent history to compete in both wrestling and football in college — he graduated from Rutgers in 2006.'

How about those names.

Meekins was one of my favorite all time players. He was ridiculous in 06, probably the best player on D that year overall imo. He just created so much havoc, especially for someone as undersized as he was.

According to the media guide, he is employed by the team as an academic advisor. Those guys better hit the books. You don't want Meekins on your case!
Pretty ironic. I had Intro to Sociology with Ramel. The lecture hall was 250-300 people on college ave, can't remember the name. He used to come to class with another player who I didn't know. He would sign the attendance sheet and walk right out all the time. I saw him at the midterm and final. Sad part is he probably got a better grade than me in the end lol.

Pretty ironic. I had Intro to Sociology with Ramel. The lecture hall was 250-300 people on college ave, can't remember the name. He used to come to class with another player who I didn't know. He would sign the attendance sheet and walk right out all the time. I saw him at the midterm and final. Sad part is he probably got a better grade than me in the end lol.

Scott Hall

Yes. I remember the blue fold down seats. I wonder if they replaced them by now. They were pretty uncomfortable

Didn't everyone do that for intro to sociology??

Watching Meeks shed blocks was a thing of beauty. That DL in 06 was so frigging disruptive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT