ADVERTISEMENT

Random public comments on RU here on West Coast

Westcoast

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Nov 14, 2001
Portland Oregon
As I am usually wearing some kind of RU gear while out and about, it invites comments from total strangers.

It's pretty clear our visibility and perception have both improved over the last year. Here are 3 recent interactions I've had.
1. Going through the security bag check at the entrance to Downtown Disney in Anaheim, one of the security staff said, "Rutgers! You won't beat UCLA. No way!" I said "I guess we'll see in Piscataway. "

2. I was at Costco gas station in Beaverton OR, about half a mile from Nike HQ and the attendant saw my hat and said "Rutgers. Your football team is pretty good. Schiano's your coach, right?".

3. At Music Millennium, an old school record store today in Portland, one guy behind the counter sees my hat and says "Rutgers? You don't see that too much around here. You guys have quite the class coming in this year. Ace Bailey and... I can't think of the other guys name.." Dylan Harper, I say. And he says, "Yeah! That's it. He then says "and you'll be Top 10 in both football and basketball this year."
😁
Even if we never reach those levels this year, it's great that people think it's
possible.
My, how times have changed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.