3) Dippin Dots

4) Papa John's Pizza

5) Jersey Mike's Sub

1) Empanada's

2) Premio Sausage

3) Dippin Dots

4) Papa John's Pizza

5) Jersey Mike's Sub
Sorry but, the food at the stadium, is, let me put it this way, terrible, I tried the 9 dollar burger, between sections 103, and 104,
Let me tell you, this guy's should be in jail
pre cooked burger on a cold bun with un melted American cheese and some unknown sauce that makes the big Mack
Look like a thousand bucks, sorry, I'm in the food business, but the food at the stadium,
Have no
Business being there, you listening Mr, Hobs? Again terrible food at the stadium!!

Sorry but, the food at the stadium, is, let me put it this way, terrible, I tried the 9 dollar burger, between sections 103, and 104,
pre cooked burger on a cold bun with un melted American cheese and some unknown sauce that makes the big Mack
Look like a thousand bucks, sorry, I'm in the food business, but the food at the stadium,
Have no
Business being there, you listening Mr, Hobs? Again terrible food at the stadium!!
Thanks for the warning

I have never bought anything other than a water or soda. Like many, we tailgate and eat several hours before the game so I don't have the need for food during the game. I think others in our group have bought popcorn or crackerjack, maybe something else but I have the game on the radio and binoculars on the field so I'm pretty much unaware of the food being bought by our group. Having said that, I know some can't tailgate and/or want to supplement that so it would be good to have quality food.

Where are the empanadas? Also Jersey Mike's?

Nachos are terrible - they really could do a much better job.

I second the nasty burger.

The pretzel's actually good for price/size.

Honestly, with the play on the field and no alcohol for sale... the food should be much, much, much better.

The new Popcorn this year is off the chain good and great quantity for the price. Interesting to have Rita's this year, long lines but actually makes other lines shorter. Also tried the Bavarian pretzel this week and was one of the better ones ive had

Where are the empanadas? Also Jersey Mike's?

Nachos are terrible - they really could do a much better job.

I second the nasty burger.

The pretzel's actually good for price/size.

Honestly, with the play on the field and no alcohol for sale... the food should be much, much, much better.

Had a pretzel and thought it could have possibly been the worst pretzel I ever had.

Reactions: soundcrib and AD888
generally full from tailgating so not interested in purchasing much except maybe a pretzel and those tend to be hit or miss...inconsistent from game to game. I would LOVE a premium coffee stand not named Starbucks and have no idea why they r

Reactions: Leonard23 and RU22
Have no
Lol. My buddy went and looked at that stand and he said the burgers look gray.

Reactions: RU22
1) Empanada's

2) Premio Sausage

3) Dippin Dots

4) Papa John's Pizza

5) Jersey Mike's Sub

1. Rita's
2 Water
So far only Rita's ice cream has been good. Dippin Dots are OK. Empenada caused lower track distress. Premio's worst Italian Sausage sandwich ever. Hot dog from behind 127 was room temperature and soda flat.
Where are the Jersey Mike subs?

Empanadas are decent, and at 3.50 are maybe the cheapest food in the stadium. They're in on the lower level in the corner the player's come out.

1. Rita's
2 Water
So far only Rita's ice cream has been good. Dippin Dots are OK. Empenada caused lower track distress. Premio's worst Italian Sausage sandwich ever. Hot dog from behind 127 was room temperature and soda flat.
Where are the Jersey Mike subs?
After having spent the last two weeks looking for the Jersey Mikes I can help here. It's a few stations to the left of 118. It's easy to miss because it's one of the small "mini-stations" to the right of the full sized ones. I'll warn you though: only 2 sandwich choices (turkey and Italian I think): premade and $10. I love JM and I passed

Why isn't there a vendor doing fat sandwiches in the stadium?
Good question. Get Jimmy to do em.
Pork roll sandwiches and fat sandwiches need to be sold in the stadium!!
I had the solution for this years ago...

* The spot is obvious. Right where the cannon was placed a few years ago. Plenty of room for a full sized grease truck (or stand if it can't fit).

And how you pick/decide is easy too. Auction the spot off every season (or game) to the highest bidder like they do with taxi medallions in NYC.

* would look at lot better on TV than a hot tub.

* The spot is obvious. Right where the cannon was placed a few years ago. Plenty of room for a full sized grease truck (or stand if it can't fit).

And how you pick/decide is easy too. Auction the spot off every season (or game) to the highest bidder like they do with taxi medallions in NYC.

Grease truck such an obvious no brainer...... but alas we are Rutgers!

Reactions: soundcrib
We need a grease truck in the stadium!! Is anyone listening?

Of your list, only Dippin Dots are available on the upper deck. #UpperDeckMatters
I had this exact discussion at an event with Hobbs in the spring. He said there were big concession changes coming for the fall and that the upper deck will be the priority. No changes I have seen other than less options over last year and the same closed kisoks.

One thing I did notice this past week was that they actually took away the condiment station from one of the kiosks. They opted to place all condiments in one location at midfield rather than stocking the two open stations independently. You cannot make this stuff up.

Reactions: MrsScrew
I had a gardenburger for $8 although the sign said it was $7. I enjoyed the bun and mustard.

No doubt food choices are severely lacking. I am guessing the bottom line is that the real demand for a premium product isn't there.

I don't know if you mean this, but put the greasetruck where the hot tubs were. would be great.

I don't know if you mean this, but put the greasetruck where the hot tubs were. would be great.
Not there. Not enough room.

I am taking about the area behind Sections 131 and 132 where the cannon used to be. Lots of room there.

image_handler.aspx

Reactions: Leonard23
For the most part I agree with everyone, the food is pretty bad. That said, the tater tots aren't bad. They're sold at one of those mini windows. One on each side of the stadium. I forget what sections they're near.

It seems insane to me that they haven't brought in a fat sandwich truck yet. They'd make a ton of cash on that.

Reactions: Leonard23
Who can find out if Hobbs can get the grease trucks in there?

I had this exact discussion at an event with Hobbs in the spring. He said there were big concession changes coming for the fall and that the upper deck will be the priority. No changes I have seen other than less options over last year and the same closed kisoks.

One thing I did notice this past week was that they actually took away the condiment station from one of the kiosks. They opted to place all condiments in one location at midfield rather than stocking the two open stations independently. You cannot make this stuff up.

UGH. Every time the Rutgers Stadium food account tweets on game day I reply "not on the upper deck".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT