ADVERTISEMENT

Raoul's recruit list

also if Raoul is to be believed, it seems like CVS/staff had already given offers to many of the top NJ recruits. Now up to Coquese et al to hop in.

Reactions: MADHAT1
also if Raoul is to be believed, it seems like CVS/staff had already given offers to many of the top NJ recruits. Now up to Coquese et al to hop in.
I think , though, almost all those offers might have been extended by Michelle and Nadine.
Since they , and Tim ,are not on the staff list at the wbb. Site , and the assumption both are gone we are starting from scratch. And yeah I do know Nadine has taken another position.

but does anyone know the fate of Ms. Edwards?

Reactions: ScarletteK80
Spoken like a true lawyer, time will tell.
Spoken like a true lawyer, time will tell.

There is no way that a coach can have three highly successful years in a row and then lose his or her coaching abilities. I think we have to assume that there was something else going on in her personal life. I cannot believe that Hobbs would not have dug deep to find out what reared its ugly head in order to determine whether there is a chance of it coming back. Clearly, he made the decision that she deserves a chance.

There is no way that a coach can have three highly successful years in a row and then lose his or her coaching abilities. I think we have to assume that there was something else going on in her personal life. I cannot believe that Hobbs would not have dug deep to find out what reared its ugly head in order to determine whether there is a chance of it coming back. Clearly, he made the decision that she deserves a chance.
Never said she doesn't stand a chance, just tried to make a point IMO that he sounds like a true lawyer, and is very adept at it.

Yes, there could be more to it that we haven't been told about, but it can probably be supported by other people affiliated with PSU athletics, PSU period,...that the Sandusky scandal rocked more than just football there.

She had players in place and they had it rolling at the time he was sentenced. She clearly was not able to recruit at the same clip and retain that talent after the scandal. The place wasn't very attractive for bball to begin with.

Sounds reasonable to me that the scandal was the main reason for her derailment at PSU.

One other thing we also have to remember when thinking of the diminished records after the 2013-14 season. The league was greatly upgraded at the conclusion of that season.

Maryland and RU joined.

Barnes Arrico started to get traction at Mich., OSU had Kelsey Michell and was dominant over her career there from 2014-18.

The conference started to get better each year to be able to match the more intense playing style that we and Md brought. The top half of the conf. was able to recruit better once we and Md came in, IMO. Maybe I should say, the top and mid-level teams (Northwestern, Indiana come to mind).

OSU, Iowa(always tough), PSU, Purdue(either really good or just so-so), and MichSt.(solid under Suzy M.) were the only other schools that were formidable opponents in the Big 10 before we got in.

The other schools seemed to raise their level around the time PSU slid. That also had to play some role in the slide. Especially with Coquese having problems keeping her best players there at PSU.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT