ADVERTISEMENT

RB2?

Yeah, I don't know where that came from. KM is a helluva blocker, both mentally (looking at the D and getting to the spot) and physically (dishing out fierce blocks).

I remember a number of de-cleaters last year.
I know that the Northwestern game block was on almost every highlight country wide as were maybe 2 or 3 others.

• Love
Reactions: thegock and Kbee3
I remember a number of de-cleaters last year.
I even remember a number of broadcasters praising Monangai's blocking during the Howard game and also
last season. They called him a complete running back.
But, I don't wanna see any more of that lob pass to Kyle in the flat where the defensive player is setting up to give a crushing blow to him the second he catches the ball.
We gotta keep him healthy.

I even remember a number of broadcasters praising Monangai's blocking during the Howard game and also
last season. They called him a complete running back.
But, I don't wanna see any more of that lob pass to Kyle in the flat where the defensive player is setting up to give a crushing blow to him the second he catches the ball.
We gotta keep him healthy.
I swear- how does a Rutgers fan read a comment questioning KM's pass blocking and not go f-ing crazy about stupid and ignorant the dumb shit who wrote it is. And yet, instead of doing that, we have someone repeating it like it is true. WTF
You really could have never seen a Rutgers game in 2023 and not have the comment just piss you off

That I think is the knock on Monangai for the next level. He’a a great runner - bo doubt, but his pass blocking is improving (not quite there yet) and his pass catching needs a lot of work (albeit those kinds of dumpoff passes were Wimsatt’s worst).
The experts rave about his pass blocking not sure if you actually watch the games.

Can't find it, but Sam Brown graded out very high by PFF.
Raymond looked good, but need to see a larger sample size. Not a knock against him at all, just would like to see more before jumping to an early conclusion against Howard in 4th quarter.
graded at 94 last week.

He's our RB2, no question.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Monangai is a complete player, all his hard work has paid off. The NFL is not gong to miss out on Monangai like they did with Pacheco. We are get to enjoy watching Monangai play this season in the scarlet. And to me, Monangai, Brown and Benjamin are the running back team this year. They are all good.

I swear- how does a Rutgers fan read a comment questioning KM's pass blocking and not go f-ing crazy about stupid and ignorant the dumb shit who wrote it is. And yet, instead of doing that, we have someone repeating it like it is true. WTF
You really could have never seen a Rutgers game in 2023 and not have the comment just piss you off
Well shucks - if it pissed you off, too bad. It’s my opinion on…gasp…an opinion forum. If you pick out KM’s bone-crushing blocks to put in a highlight reel, it may be great, but he’s also missed whiffed on plenty-a-block that would’ve extended a play. I think he’s good at blocking but still has room to improve. My second point was that we don’t know about his pass catching ability, though that may be because we haven’t had a QB who can get it to him.

Well shucks - if it pissed you off, too bad. It’s my opinion on…gasp…an opinion forum. If you pick out KM’s bone-crushing blocks to put in a highlight reel, it may be great, but he’s also missed whiffed on plenty-a-block that would’ve extended a play. I think he’s good at blocking but still has room to improve. My second point was that we don’t know about his pass catching ability, though that may be because we haven’t had a QB who can get it to him.
Plenty ????

That I think is the knock on Monangai for the next level. He’a a great runner - bo doubt, but his pass blocking is improving (not quite there yet) and his pass catching needs a lot of work (albeit those kinds of dumpoff passes were Wimsatt’s worst).
This.
Our RB’s had to make acrobatic catches at times with the errant throws from Wimsatt. Led to loss of potential yards after catch with the adjustments. That should not be an issue this season.

This.
Our RB’s had to make acrobatic catches at times with the errant throws from Wimsatt. Led to loss of potential yards after catch with the adjustments. That should not be an issue this season.

There were also very few attempts because as a general rule, pass play attempts were almost always pre-designed play calls and we mostly went with long and medium routes to the sidelines with only a few set play tosses in the flats to mix things up (often with the results you describe). The Benjamin TD vs Temple was the exception as it was well executed, but going back and watching it again, it too was a pre-designed play call.

In contrast, the TD pass to Sam Brown and several other RB pass routes in the game, were executed on read adjustment, clearly not the intended first option. We’ll never know if GW just didn’t have the green light to make those types of plays or he himself chose to throw the ball away instead when option 1 broke down. But regardless, the RBs got far fewer pass attempts than they otherwise would’ve gotten last season because of this.

Reactions: RU-05
Brown has the potential to be elite but he has two bad habits still, and the announcers talked about it.

1. He makes contact and drive his shoulders and chest up and not forward. He does not maintain pad superiority most of the time.

2. His foot speed decreases through contact instead of increasing. He does not use his size and strength to his advantage at all. When he gets square, vertical, and drives through contact he is hard to bring down, but he does not consistently do it.

Love the talent and depth in the RB room. Let's hope we can keep them all when Kyle goes pro after the bowl game(s).
If Kyle was around next year, we would almost Certainly have one others leave
We have to give enough carries this year for each of the backups to keep them here, and that may be tough

They all are high potential players

If Kyle was around next year, we would almost Certainly have one others leave
We have to give enough carries this year for each of the backups to keep them here, and that may be tough

They all are high potential players
I feel that Brown is a high floor but we are not sure how much higher his ceiling can get where he is now. If he improves more post injury and just corrects a couple of things- his ceiling can get higher but I am not sure if that can be elite or just very good. But you will at least know his floor is still very solid.

The other guys- seem like lower floors but can get to elite level.

Didn’t see it- what happened to Brown- sux for him
No idea. Listed as out on the injury report though.

OUT

Wesley Bailey, DL
Samuel Brown V, RB
Sam Pilof, LB
Troy Rainey, DL
Emir Stinette, OL
D.K. Gilley, DB
A.J. Surace, QB
Mohamed Toure, LB (season)
QUESTIONABLE

Michael “Flip” Dixon, S
Tyreem Powell, LB
Taj White, OL
Al-Shadee Salaam, DB
Edd Guerrier, RB
Jessie Ofurie, DB
Ja’shon Benjamin, RB
Dino Kaliakmanis, WR
Timmy Ward, S

No idea. Listed as out on the injury report though.

OUT

Wesley Bailey, DL
Samuel Brown V, RB
Sam Pilof, LB
Troy Rainey, DL
Emir Stinette, OL
D.K. Gilley, DB
A.J. Surace, QB
Mohamed Toure, LB (season)
QUESTIONABLE

Michael “Flip” Dixon, S
Tyreem Powell, LB
Taj White, OL
Al-Shadee Salaam, DB
Edd Guerrier, RB
Jessie Ofurie, DB
Ja’shon Benjamin, RB
Dino Kaliakmanis, WR
Timmy Ward, S
There it is. Thanks.
It would be great if Powell and Dixon play today.

Reactions: Mini Nuts
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT