ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting athletes from Big Ten geographic areas

Mr_Twister

Heisman Winner
Apr 1, 2004
Is Rutgers making a recruiting effort directed towards athletes from Big Ten geographic areas - Chicago, Detroit, Flint, Grand Rapids, Indianapolis, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Akron, Dayton, Columbus, Toledo, Milwaukee, Baltimore, DC, Minneapolis, Philadelphia, Reading, Pittsburgh? Identifying players passed-on by their nearby Big Ten program but who want to compete in the Big Ten. Or is this a total non-issue?

Mr T I've been singing that song for 3 years now.
I ask because it appears that it is a benefit of belonging to the Big Ten that both basketball and football programs have not capitalized on. Of course raising the issue is far easier than making it happen.

I think we will see a bunch of kids who dont get offerred by say Ohio State or Mich
that have dreams of coming to Rutgers and "showing them"

U can bet ASH has a special radar for that.....

With Immokalee, FL-native Aaron Henry on the football staff and Ohio State's success recruiting southwest Florida, I expect to see a recruit or two from the Fort Myers/Naples/Immokalee area. Two recent Naples, FL recruits ... Carlos Hyde, Jeff Heuerman.

For instance, Rutgers has offered South Fort Myers HS' s Jeshaun Jones ...
http://www.news-press.com/longform/...eshaun-jones-a-fast-rising-prospect/86435118/

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT