ADVERTISEMENT

Renderings of new lacrosse/soccer stadium complex

I see us putting the NJ state outline in the middle of the lax field where the Block R logo is, much like how the RAC has it.

Looks like the stadiums as pictured will assign most parking to the Scarlet/Green/White or small section of the existing blue lot. reasonable walk from all. .assumption is the .Yellow lot will be new indoor football facility. .Shared facilities concourse area between both lax/soccer fields that are close to Rodkin,
Nice banked area for lax viewing but would be interested in actual seating capacity for those feb - march games when nobody is sitting on grass. ... .the backside of the larger lax stands should have viewing deck area for soccer field...could use that area for student section viewing soccer matches...any guestimate on cost? .

What I saw is going to cost somewhere around $40MM which really means $50MM. I think the idea is to do it in chunks.

Get the field in first then build around that. $5MM gets the ball rolling. Crazy how much things cost in NJ.

We are building a new club house at one of my clubs. This is a hard build including a tear down of the previous structure. It's in the hills and canyons of LA. It's going to be one of the best club houses in the country when it's done. It has everything you can think of and then some. Cost is $60MM.

Reactions: Wagram97
What I saw is going to cost somewhere around $40MM which really means $50MM. I think the idea is to do it in chunks.

Get the field in first then build around that. $5MM gets the ball rolling. Crazy how much things cost in NJ.

We are building a new club house at one of my clubs. This is a hard build including a tear down of the previous structure. It's in the hills and canyons of LA. It's going to be one of the best club houses in the country when it's done. It has everything you can think of and then some. Cost is $60MM.
If I recall correctly, the Battaglia football practice complex cost $8 million. Of course, that was THREE football fields and what Pat Hobbs described as state-of-the-art drainage systems. So your $5MM sounds about right just for a single lax field.

But why would they build it in stages? I doubt they would be actually playing games on the field (since there won't be any stands), and I would think it would be more cost effective to build the entire complex together.

Unless you're saying that the lax field would be used FOR PRACTICE, and the games would still be played at SHI until the rest of the lax complex is built?

No, they want to use it for games and practice. If it can all be done at once, that would be ideal. I just don't know if that's in the cards from a funding perspective.

Reactions: Wagram97

That's what I heard as well during a donor pitch. It would start with the field, some bleachers, before a full stadium is built. Honestly, fine with that as well. Think a lacrosse only field would be great, even if just a field with some bleachers to start. After seeing how the lacrosse only field looked during that playoff game with Harvard last year, just thought it looked amazing (and the vibe with people walking around, hanging out on the hill, was awesome).

Reactions: DowntownT_Brown
The guys need a field they can go shoot on and practice whenever they want. They do t have that now and it having a negative impact in on field performance.

Our peers don’t have this problem. Our shooting this year wasn’t great. I truly believe this was part of that.

The guys need a field they can go shoot on and practice whenever they want. They do t have that now and it having a negative impact in on field performance.

Our peers don’t have this problem. Our shooting this year wasn’t great. I truly believe this was part of that.
Until this is built, they should commandeer the intramural sports club field on the corner of Bartholomew and Brett for that very reason (not the University park and rec complex with 2 fields and baseball and softball fields), so they can practice whenever they want. And put up a wall for wall ball there in lot 65.

Will be great to have a stand alone facility.

Honestly though the renderings are meh…It’s just bleachers. Very spartan. No character - no brick or stone. Looks like something you’d see at a large youth sports complex.

But it’s better than nothing.

Will be great to have a stand alone facility.

Honestly though the renderings are meh…It’s just bleachers. Very spartan. No character - no brick or stone. Looks like something you’d see at a large youth sports complex.

But it’s better than nothing.
The detailed renderings I saw were much different than that. I can’t even tell what those are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT