ADVERTISEMENT

Reviewing a decade of RU Quarterbacks (LONG)

Doctor Worm

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Feb 8, 2002
There’s been a lot of talk on this board about the quality of RU QB play. It’s not a new issue. I decided to take a mid-size dive into the last decade of RU QB’s. 2012-2021, which coincidentally begins with the post Schiano 1.0 era. I’ve listed all of the significant RU QB’s during that time, and a few not so significant ones, with my observations. Pretty much in chronological order. All comments appreciated.

CHAS DODD – A true Loyal Son, Easton Ave Subway gossip notwithstanding. Obviously not Flood’s guy. He didn’t see much of the field until the end of the 2013 season, when Flood realized he needed a win to save his job.

GARY NOVA – 2014 was RU’s last above-average season. 2014 (Nova’s senior year) was also the last season in which we got above-average QB play. Coincidence? I think not.

MIKE BIMONTE – Spent five years patiently waiting for his chance to make his mark. He finally got it – as a holder, fielding Alan Lucy’s errant snaps. Mike Bimonte, Rutgers Man.

BLAKE RANKIN – I have two memories of him: Bobby Deren absolutely loved him, and he helped keep the 2012 recruiting class together. We thank him for that. But it never clicked for him here, and after two years he transferred to Delaware without ever seeing the field.

CHRIS LAVIANO – A decent QB who was the subject of the lowest moment of my long RU fandom. It occurred in 2015 when the home crowd cheered when he went down with an injury, and booed his return. Repulsive. He later became Chris Ash’s square peg in a round hole. Wound up transferring to San Diego State, and eventually completed his college career playing lacrosse.

PHILIP NELSON – The first in a seemingly endless line of incoming transfer QB’s. A tale of woulda coulda shoulda. If only he hadn’t made that one horrific decision after a night of underage drinking.

HAYDEN RETTIG – Next transfer up. The fair haired boy (literally) who Rutgers Nation was counting on to turn the program around. However, under Flood he couldn’t beat out Laviano, and then was buried by Ash. #FreeRettig! Eventually wound up at Tennessee… Tech.

GIO RESCIGNO – A lightly regarded recruit who eventually became Ash’s fallback option at QB. Whenever one of Ash’s preferred options flopped (and there were several, as we shall see) Gio would eventually get the call. We could do worse. We frequently did do worse. Gio Rescigno, Rutgers Man.

MICHAEL DARE – A member of Flood’s final recruiting class. Ash got the job, Dare got the talk, and that was that. Wound up at Sam Houston State I think.

ZACK ALLEN – The first of several Ash transfers-in. From TCU I think. Was said to possess all the intangibles. Tangibles, not so much. My only memory of him is as part of 78-0. Memories are not always fair.

PHIL RUSSO – Technically should not be on this list because he was never a Knight. He was about to be, but Ash decided (probably correctly) that Russo wasn’t his guy. C’est la vie.

TYLIN ODEN – He WAS Ash’s guy. But he couldn’t pass, at least not accurately. Plus he was really skinny. Bless his heart, but he just didn’t have enough ass behind him to punch it in. (A Mehringer quote. Google it.) Wound up getting booted from the team and ended his career at Virginia Union.

JOHNATHAN LEWIS – Enough ass behind him? Check. The centerpiece of Ash’s second recruiting class, he was highly regarded but also had accuracy issues. Plus, he was slow afoot. Wound up at tight end, and then to South Dakota.

KYLE BOLIN – Ash’s second transfer QB. He had a stronger resume than Allen, and was an OK game manager, but we needed more. Lost his starting job after a loss to Eastern Michigan, who was really bad then.

TOM FLACCO – Walk-on transfer from one of the other Directional Michigans. This was back when transfers (other than grad transfers) had to sit a year. Jerry Kill reportedly loved him and thought he was the best QB on the roster. But Kill left. Flacco asked Ash for a ship, Ash said no, and Flacco said I’m outta here. Off to Delaware where he set records. We’ll never know how he’d have fared in the B1G.

ART SITKOWSKI – Next messiah up! I can't say much about Art that anyone doesn’t already know. My own opinion is that he’d be better off at a G5, but I can’t empirically support that.

JALEN CHATMAN – I had entirely forgotten about him. Went from RU to Portland State to Morehouse.

McLANE CARTER – I had him down as Carter McLane until I decided to check. He was part of the Ash parade of transfers. He was the 2019 starter against UMass in which he set a school record for most passing yardage (340) by a lefty. Then he got a concussion in his next game, and that was it. He is now playing in Germany, or so Wikipedia says.

JOHNNY LANGAN – Ash’s last transfer QB and his most successful, although he doesn’t play much QB anymore. Possibly the most popular guy on the current team. I personally think his resume is a tad light to warrant the “Johnny Football” nickname, but that’s just me.

COLE SNYDER – A lightly regarded recruit who in three years has done little to show that he’s the guy. Or maybe it’s that he’s had little opportunity to do so. Anyway, if he’s here for spring practice I’ll be mildly surprised.

ZAMAR WISE – I threw him in here even though he never enrolled. Lacked the grades in 2019, and GS took a pass in 2020. Now at UMass. A lot of folks on this board thought he was going to be “the guy”.

NOAH VEDRAL – Our current transfer and a topic of vigorous board discussion. All I have to add is that the discussion will continue through 2022, ‘cause he’s coming back.

EVAN SIMON – Dear Evan Simon: You will be found! You might not be found at Rutgers for very long though. But I hope you do decide to stay.

And finally, our current messiah…

GAVIN WIMSATT – whose story is yet to be written.

Please share your memories of any of your favorites on this list, and thanks for hanging in there to the end!

#FreeRettig

"Put in Rettig. Laviano is not getting it done. What's the worse that will happen? We still lose."

"Trust the coaches. Obviously Rettig isn't beating out Laviano in practice. We aren't seeing practice. The HC/OC know best and who gives us the best chance of winning."

***4 hours later Spongebob meme***

HC/OC have been fired for incompetence and being terrible at their jobs......

There’s been a lot of talk on this board about the quality of RU QB play. It’s not a new issue. I decided to take a mid-size dive into the last decade of RU QB’s. 2012-2021, which coincidentally begins with the post Schiano 1.0 era. I’ve listed all of the significant RU QB’s during that time, and a few not so significant ones, with my observations. Pretty much in chronological order. All comments appreciated.

CHAS DODD – A true Loyal Son, Easton Ave Subway gossip notwithstanding. Obviously not Flood’s guy. He didn’t see much of the field until the end of the 2013 season, when Flood realized he needed a win to save his job.

GARY NOVA – 2014 was RU’s last above-average season. 2014 (Nova’s senior year) was also the last season in which we got above-average QB play. Coincidence? I think not.

MIKE BIMONTE – Spent five years patiently waiting for his chance to make his mark. He finally got it – as a holder, fielding Alan Lucy’s errant snaps. Mike Bimonte, Rutgers Man.

BLAKE RANKIN – I have two memories of him: Bobby Deren absolutely loved him, and he helped keep the 2012 recruiting class together. We thank him for that. But it never clicked for him here, and after two years he transferred to Delaware without ever seeing the field.

CHRIS LAVIANO – A decent QB who was the subject of the lowest moment of my long RU fandom. It occurred in 2015 when the home crowd cheered when he went down with an injury, and booed his return. Repulsive. He later became Chris Ash’s square peg in a round hole. Wound up transferring to San Diego State, and eventually completed his college career playing lacrosse.

PHILIP NELSON – The first in a seemingly endless line of incoming transfer QB’s. A tale of woulda coulda shoulda. If only he hadn’t made that one horrific decision after a night of underage drinking.

HAYDEN RETTIG – Next transfer up. The fair haired boy (literally) who Rutgers Nation was counting on to turn the program around. However, under Flood he couldn’t beat out Laviano, and then was buried by Ash. #FreeRettig! Eventually wound up at Tennessee… Tech.

GIO RESCIGNO – A lightly regarded recruit who eventually became Ash’s fallback option at QB. Whenever one of Ash’s preferred options flopped (and there were several, as we shall see) Gio would eventually get the call. We could do worse. We frequently did do worse. Gio Rescigno, Rutgers Man.

MICHAEL DARE – A member of Flood’s final recruiting class. Ash got the job, Dare got the talk, and that was that. Wound up at Sam Houston State I think.

ZACK ALLEN – The first of several Ash transfers-in. From TCU I think. Was said to possess all the intangibles. Tangibles, not so much. My only memory of him is as part of 78-0. Memories are not always fair.

PHIL RUSSO – Technically should not be on this list because he was never a Knight. He was about to be, but Ash decided (probably correctly) that Russo wasn’t his guy. C’est la vie.

TYLIN ODEN – He WAS Ash’s guy. But he couldn’t pass, at least not accurately. Plus he was really skinny. Bless his heart, but he just didn’t have enough ass behind him to punch it in. (A Mehringer quote. Google it.) Wound up getting booted from the team and ended his career at Virginia Union.

JOHNATHAN LEWIS – Enough ass behind him? Check. The centerpiece of Ash’s second recruiting class, he was highly regarded but also had accuracy issues. Plus, he was slow afoot. Wound up at tight end, and then to South Dakota.

KYLE BOLIN – Ash’s second transfer QB. He had a stronger resume than Allen, and was an OK game manager, but we needed more. Lost his starting job after a loss to Eastern Michigan, who was really bad then.

TOM FLACCO – Walk-on transfer from one of the other Directional Michigans. This was back when transfers (other than grad transfers) had to sit a year. Jerry Kill reportedly loved him and thought he was the best QB on the roster. But Kill left. Flacco asked Ash for a ship, Ash said no, and Flacco said I’m outta here. Off to Delaware where he set records. We’ll never know how he’d have fared in the B1G.

ART SITKOWSKI – Next messiah up! I can't say much about Art that anyone doesn’t already know. My own opinion is that he’d be better off at a G5, but I can’t empirically support that.

JALEN CHATMAN – I had entirely forgotten about him. Went from RU to Portland State to Morehouse.

McLANE CARTER – I had him down as Carter McLane until I decided to check. He was part of the Ash parade of transfers. He was the 2019 starter against UMass in which he set a school record for most passing yardage (340) by a lefty. Then he got a concussion in his next game, and that was it. He is now playing in Germany, or so Wikipedia says.

JOHNNY LANGAN – Ash’s last transfer QB and his most successful, although he doesn’t play much QB anymore. Possibly the most popular guy on the current team. I personally think his resume is a tad light to warrant the “Johnny Football” nickname, but that’s just me.

COLE SNYDER – A lightly regarded recruit who in three years has done little to show that he’s the guy. Or maybe it’s that he’s had little opportunity to do so. Anyway, if he’s here for spring practice I’ll be mildly surprised.

ZAMAR WISE – I threw him in here even though he never enrolled. Lacked the grades in 2019, and GS took a pass in 2020. Now at UMass. A lot of folks on this board thought he was going to be “the guy”.

NOAH VEDRAL – Our current transfer and a topic of vigorous board discussion. All I have to add is that the discussion will continue through 2022, ‘cause he’s coming back.

EVAN SIMON – Dear Evan Simon: You will be found! You might not be found at Rutgers for very long though. But I hope you do decide to stay.

Please share your memories of any of your favorites on this list, and thanks for hanging in there to the end!
Thoroughly enjoyed your post .Well done Dr. Sir.

Flacco starred at Towson and is now apparently in the CFL

Reactions: Knight Shift

This was so much fun to read. Thank you!!

Damn good summary. Thanks. Not as good as the 2019 Head Coach summary, but I may be biased!

I remember asking Ash about Mike Dare at a donor event right after he was hired, and he seemed peeved at the question. The way he answered it showed me he did not have good people skills.
Well done but you forgot to mention Gio’s hot mom
And McClane Carter's girlfriend:

qb1.png

Maybe he was nursed back to health before going to play in the German Football League. Seems he may have been benched later in the season.

Flacco starred at Towson and is now apparently in the CFL

OOPS, my bad, it was his brother who transferred to Delaware (from Pitt).

Anthony Russo, not Phil. Ended up at Temple, was their starter in 2018, 2019 and 2020 before he got injured. Is currently a backup at Michigan State. Was also an Elite 11 QB in HS. His decision not to come to RU was more based on the type of offense Ash and Wonder Boy were gonna run.

Reactions: ScarletKid2008

Great stuff. Thanks.
Now do running backs.

Reactions: hankee18

It's amazing (and sad) that RU has only had 1 competent D1 QB in the past decade.

2 decent ones at the top. The rest are chopped liver except maybe Langan.

For those who go way, way back Langan strikes me as very similar to Bruce Van Ness, RU Football HOF from the late 60's who played QB, FB and TE for Rutgers, bounced around the NFL for a year and went on to become a CFL Rookie of the year and 3 time All-CFL TE for the Montreal Alouettes. He was also an HM AA lacrosse midfielder his junior year at RU. After he retired from the CFL he and I ran on the same midfield line for a couple of years for an USCLA lacrosse club. Great guy and unfortunately no longer with us.

Thanks for compiling the list..... but one edit: Chris Laviano did not finish his career playing Lacrosse. He finished playing QB at LIU post... Had an excellent season, and led his team to an undefeated 10-0 season in 2018 and won the NE conference championship game. Made the D2 NCAA playoffs. Amazing how the QB play "improves" when, relative to the competition, your O-Line can protect and receivers can get open !!

Last edited:
Reactions: IL Lusciato
Nova had a decent last year
Prior to that he was often a disaster
He was Brett Favre with a rifle arm and always a looming INT at the worst time
If RU was a few points behind in the 4th, Nova was likely to throw into triple coverage for the INT
IN 2014 PSU's DC promised his DBs FOUR INTs and Nova threw FIVE
Cant forget the FOUR INTs vs Louisville or the FIVE INTs vs Kent ST
Nova could do no wrong in the coaches eyes and he stayed the starter despite hideous games
Nova finally got booed off the field vs USF and Dodd got the win. Dodd should have played more.
I started losing interest with Nova as QB and felt coaches were more dedicated to him than the team
Alas Dodd didn't play for Boscoe

"Nova was intercepted five times in a game for the second time in his career. Since 2000, according to the play index on College Football Reference, six different quarterbacks have been intercepted five times in a single game. Nova is the only player appearing on the list twice."

Reactions: RUShea
Thanks for compiling the list..... but one edit: Chris Laviano did not finish his career playing Lacrosse. He finished playing QB at LIU post... Had an excellent season, and led his team to an undefeated 10-0 season in 2018 and won the NE conference championship game. Made the D2 NCAA playoffs. Amazing how the QB play "improves" when, relative to the competition, your O-Line can protect and receivers can get open !!

That is so interesting! I remember that he transferred to San Diego State but transferred again when he didn't make the two-deep there. He said he would play lacrosse at LIU Post, and the San Diego State coach said something disparaging about "today's kids." When he got to Post, he revived his career. The team apparently was eliminated early in the D2 playoffs. He got his Rutgers degree, and is now a sales representative at a medical devices company. For more on him, see https://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/...sues-nfl-i-had-to-see-this-thing-through.html

It is my sincere hope that @Doctor Worm does not take offense to my doing this, but I'm tacking on to his OP, adding in italicized text what happened after these QBs transferred. Our posters are always convinced the next Tom Brady is warming the bench while [insert QB name] stinks it up on the field. The reality is more often than not those QBs are not playing because they aren't any better. And their careers after Rutgers often displays that better than anything else can.

BLAKE RANKIN – I have two memories of him: Bobby Deren absolutely loved him, and he helped keep the 2012 recruiting class together. We thank him for that. But it never clicked for him here, and after two years he transferred to Delaware without ever seeing the field. At Delaware, he played the 2015 and 2016 seasons where he started 2 games and made an appearance in 7 games total. He compiled a total of 180 passing yards in those 2 seasons.

CHRIS LAVIANO – A decent QB who was the subject of the lowest moment of my long RU fandom. It occurred in 2015 when the home crowd cheered when he went down with an injury, and booed his return. Repulsive. He later became Chris Ash’s square peg in a round hole. Wound up transferring to San Diego State, and eventually completed his college career playing lacrosse. As someone below posted, Laviano finished his career playing FB at LIU-Post. One season, 11 games, 234C on 405A for almost 2900 yards and 23TDs. Good for him.

PHILIP NELSON – The first in a seemingly endless line of incoming transfer QB’s. A tale of woulda coulda shoulda. If only he hadn’t made that one horrific decision after a night of underage drinking. Played the 2016 season with the East Carolina Pirates. 237C on 349A for over 2600 yards and 16TDs. He might've been a contributor for us.

HAYDEN RETTIG – Next transfer up. The fair haired boy (literally) who Rutgers Nation was counting on to turn the program around. However, under Flood he couldn’t beat out Laviano, and then was buried by Ash. #FreeRettig! Eventually wound up at Tennessee… Tech. Couldn't win any playing time at FBS Tennessee Tech that went 5-6 the 2016 season.

MICHAEL DARE – A member of Flood’s final recruiting class. Ash got the job, Dare got the talk, and that was that. Wound up at Sam Houston State I think. Sam Houston State indeed. Played the 2018 season where he made an appearance in 7 games. Rolled up 780 yards passing with 71C on 112A and 5TDs. No idea what happened to his 2019 season. The COVID FCS spring 2021 season he played sparingly.

PHIL RUSSO – Technically should not be on this list because he was never a Knight. He was about to be, but Ash decided (probably correctly) that Russo wasn’t his guy. C’est la vie. Agree, I don't think Anthony should be on this list since he never signed a letter. Did well at Temple. Couldn't win the starting job at Michigan State.

TYLIN ODEN – He WAS Ash’s guy. But he couldn’t pass, at least not accurately. Plus he was really skinny. Bless his heart, but he just didn’t have enough ass behind him to punch it in. (A Mehringer quote. Google it.) Wound up getting booted from the team and ended his career at Virginia Union. Nice find. Initially transferred to Garden City Community College. Doesn't look like he played much there. Displayed elite speed and elusiveness when he stole a police car. Did end up playing at D2 Virginia Union this 2021 season...as a WR. Stats are hard to come by.

JOHNATHAN LEWIS – Enough ass behind him? Check. The centerpiece of Ash’s second recruiting class, he was highly regarded but also had accuracy issues. Plus, he was slow afoot. Wound up at tight end, and then to South Dakota. I fully thought Lewis transferred as a TE...but he actually played QB at South Dakota. 6C on 10A for 80 yards.

TOM FLACCO – Walk-on transfer from one of the other Directional Michigans. This was back when transfers (other than grad transfers) had to sit a year. Jerry Kill reportedly loved him and thought he was the best QB on the roster. But Kill left. Flacco asked Ash for a ship, Ash said no, and Flacco said I’m outta here. Off to Delaware where he set records. We’ll never know how he’d have fared in the B1G. 1-year veteran in the CFL, first with the Saskatchewan RoughRiders, now traded to the Ottawa RedBlacks. Hasn't played yet. Played 2018 and 2019 seasons at Towson, compiling almost 6100 passing yards on 484C of 795A and 50TDs. Tacked on another 1000 yards rushing. Gaudy numbers, but let's look at meaningful stats: in 2018 vs 7-6 Wake Forest he had 35C on 51A for 345 yards and 3TDs. Nice. Against a more B1G-like defense in 2019 Florida, he went 16 of 27 passing for 157 yards with no TDs and 2INTs. Take it how you will. He was probably better than our average QB, but he wouldn't have produced those kinds of numbers with our schedule and talent deficit.

ART SITKOWSKI – Next messiah up! I can't say much about Art that anyone doesn’t already know. My own opinion is that he’d be better off at a G5, but I can’t empirically support that. Leaving this one alone. We'll see if he gets any more playing time at Illinois. Has done reasonably well there and I would really like to still have him here as a backup, but I don't know that anyone can make the argument that he is a B1G starting QB.

JALEN CHATMAN – I had entirely forgotten about him. Went from RU to Portland State to Morehouse. Was perfect at Portland State. 100% completion rate for 16 yards. Near impossible to find stats for Morehouse.

McLANE CARTER – I had him down as Carter McLane until I decided to check. He was part of the Ash parade of transfers. He was the 2019 starter against UMass in which he set a school record for most passing yardage (340) by a lefty. Then he got a concussion in his next game, and that was it. He is now playing in Germany, or so Wikipedia says. Threw a trio of INTs to UMass, got beat up against Iowa and called it quits. Medical retirement apparently, but was all over the internet having a good ol' time out on the town. If he never played again, I could understand, but apparently the medical retirement only applied to Rutgers since he's in his second year with the Allgau Comets in Bavaria. Can't find stats. But I'm betting his stats for finding the bottom of beer steins are legendary.

ZAMAR WISE – I threw him in here even though he never enrolled. Lacked the grades in 2019, and GS took a pass in 2020. Now at UMass. A lot of folks on this board thought he was going to be “the guy”. Current backup QB at UMass with 6C on 9A for 22 yards.

Why we never attempted the pump to the flat, and hit Melton or Cruickshank when he was healthy on a fly pattern is beyond me. I guess it's because Vedral can't throw a rope more than 10 yards down field.
Exactamundo. When you don't have to respect the go route, only the flat/bubble screen, you easily take away half the field. And its really 3/4 of the field.

Nova had a decent last year
Prior to that he was often a disaster
He was Brett Favre with a rifle arm and always a looming INT at the worst time
If RU was a few points behind in the 4th, Nova was likely to throw into triple coverage for the INT
IN 2014 PSU's DC promised his DBs FOUR INTs and Nova threw FIVE
Cant forget the FOUR INTs vs Louisville or the FIVE INTs vs Kent ST
Nova could do no wrong in the coaches eyes and he stayed the starter despite hideous games
Nova finally got booed off the field vs USF and Dodd got the win. Dodd should have played more.
I started losing interest with Nova as QB and felt coaches were more dedicated to him than the team
Alas Dodd didn't play for Boscoe

"Nova was intercepted five times in a game for the second time in his career. Since 2000, according to the play index on College Football Reference, six different quarterbacks have been intercepted five times in a single game. Nova is the only player appearing on the list twice."

Nova so needed a redshirt year. He was really good his last half of his senior season.

Reactions: Knight Shift

Enjoyable read, thank you. I think it's fair to note that of all our potential messiahs, they all were second hand or tainted goods, except Wimsatt. Rettig transferred down after sucking at his first destination. After committing to us Sitkowsky got benched in HS his senior year and was rumored to have lost the interest of the big schools that recruited him early. Wimsatt is the only true blue chip that finished strong and came to RU with momentum and while we were still beating away top schools trying to poach him until the last day.

Reactions: rutger80
Nova so needed a redshirt year. He was really good his last half of his senior season.
He had talent. Personally I liked him. He had a strong arm and in HS you can blaze a ball in between defenders and get away with it. In D1 not so much. If RU was behind in 4th Nova would try to make something happen by throwing a fireball between double and triple coverage. With Nova it wasn't so much his amount of INTs but when they happened . Like Favre, if RU was behind in the 4th you had to hold your breath

Enjoyable read, thank you. I think it's fair to note that of all our potential messiahs, they all were second hand or tainted goods, except Wimsatt. Rettig transferred down after sucking at his first destination. After committing to us Sitkowsky got benched in HS his senior year and was rumored to have lost the interest of the big schools that recruited him early. Wimsatt is the only true blue chip that finished strong and came to RU with momentum and while we were still beating away top schools trying to poach him until the last day.

Don't think you say that about Nova.

JOHNATHAN LEWIS – Enough ass behind him? Check. The centerpiece of Ash’s second recruiting class, he was highly regarded but also had accuracy issues. Plus, he was slow afoot. Wound up at tight end, and then to South Dakota. I fully thought Lewis transferred as a TE...but he actually played QB at South Dakota. 6C on 10A for 80 yards. 81 yards, not 80!!! Also , 93 rushing yards on 26 attempts and 1 TD.

JALEN CHATMAN – I had entirely forgotten about him. Went from RU to Portland State to Morehouse. Was perfect at Portland State. 100% completion rate for 16 yards. Near impossible to find stats for Morehouse. Found him!! 2 completions on 4 attempts fo 11 yards, and 1 rush for 26 yards--early in the season (last game 10/2/201)
Nice follow up, with two nits to pick (in bold) !!

Reactions: RUSK97
He had talent. Personally I liked him. He had a strong arm and in HS you can blaze a ball in between defenders and get away with it. In D1 not so much. If RU was behind in 4th Nova would try to make something happen by throwing a fireball between double and triple coverage. With Nova it wasn't so much his amount of INTs but when they happened . Like Favre, if RU was behind in the 4th you had to hold your breath
Here’s why your off base . Nova in his career even with all his warts and propensity to throw into double coverages was a decent to good QB. Especially when comparing him against some of the others we were blessed to have. Keep in mind he was not coached very well and by this I mean how many different OC’s in his time here? Fridge was a very good one and sorry he wasn’t made head coach. Nova ‘s career stats : 73 TD passes - 9,200 Yds and probably more wins than losses. That can’t be said since he left. Most of this board would have did hands stands if we had him during the 2016-2021 seasons. Just saying.

Reactions: cicero grimes
Here’s why your off base . Nova in his career even with all his warts and propensity to throw into double coverages was a decent to good QB. Especially when comparing him against some of the others we were blessed to have. Keep in mind he was not coached very well and by this I mean how many different OC’s in his time here? Fridge was a very good one and sorry he wasn’t made head coach. Nova ‘s career stats : 73 TD passes - 9,200 Yds and probably more wins than losses. That can’t be said since he left. Most of this board would have did hands stands if we had him during the 2016-2021 seasons. Just saying.
No discussion of Gary Nova is complete without this:

• Haha
Reactions: cubuffsdoug
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT