ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting RHoops lands 2021 walk-on Logan Stephens

1212, Logan is a Rutgers Basketball Commit. I tried to find some Hudl tape but couldn’t. No other details.

Brian May have more details about him.
He was great, but kinda overshadowed by other rock guitarists in his prime.
queen.jpg

Thanks Local.—I did find some Hudl tape for Logan Stevens for those interested.

Hard to gauge the competition he’s playing against, but the kid appears to have all the tools for decent guard play. If he’s a walk on then he looks like a good one.

Tape looks pretty promising. We haven’t really had a guy who is able to use his body like that as he drives to the hoop.

Pickup nicknames are the best. We had “kiss”, which was short for “kiss of death”, because If you were on his team, you were not going to win the entire night and you might as well go home. Then there was the “chiropricktor”, who was both a chiropractor and a prick. There was the “dribbler, who never shot but you had to almost steal the ball from him on your own team because he dribbled incessantly for no reason…and one of my favorites was “disappear”. With the game on the line and several teams waiting to get on the court, he shot the ball that not only did not touch the rim, it went behind the backboard, rolled down a hill and disappeared from sight for several minutes. Great memories.

Pickup nicknames are the best. We had “kiss”, which was short for “kiss of death”, because If you were on his team, you were not going to win the entire night and you might as well go home. Then there was the “chiropricktor”, who was both a chiropractor and a prick. There was the “dribbler, who never shot but you had to almost steal the ball from him on your own team because he dribbled incessantly for no reason…and one of my favorites was “disappear”. With the game on the line and several teams waiting to get on the court, he shot the ball that not only did not touch the rim, it went behind the backboard, rolled down a hill and disappeared from sight for several minutes. Great memories.
Your post made me LOL, spot on. And also made me remember this video 😂

Lol. Don’t forget “Let it Rain”
From “Along Came Polly” and Jim Carrey in “Cable Guy”

Reactions: itsRtime
Your post made me LOL, spot on. And also made me remember this video 😂

😆 This might be my favorite post of the offseason so far! If you've ever played pickup ball, you know all these guys.

Welcome, Logan! You're coming at a REALLY good time for RU hoops. Can't wait to see you on The Banks!

Last edited:
Reactions: itsRtime
I'm sorry, but you don't know that. Ask Scottie Pippen, Andre Drummond, Jeff Hornacek, etc. if walk-ons can actually be
significant contributors

Andre Drummond? The top 100 center that went to UConn over offers from Duke and Kentucky?

Every Rutgers student-athlete deserves our welcome and thanks with class for choosing RU, whether they play 40 minutes a game or 10 minutes a season and whether they were fortunate enough to receive a scholarship or they and their Mom and Dad spend $120,000 out of their own wallet.

Some random pick up nicknames:
The Violator
Johnny Athletic
Obamacare (thought he could cover anybody)
Daycare (brought his kids)
Fam/Family Man (no family, shady, got stabbed outside a strip club)
Spitz (wore a bathing suit that kind of looked like shorts one time)
Canada Dry (not a good shooter, wore a Montreal baseball cap)
Flintstone
Tug/Tug Boat
Club /Clubber Lang
Fuse (temper)
Grimace

Some random pick up nicknames:
The Violator
Johnny Athletic
Obamacare (thought he could cover anybody)
Daycare (brought his kids)
Fam/Family Man (no family, shady, got stabbed outside a strip club)
Spitz (wore a bathing suit that kind of looked like shorts one time)
Canada Dry (not a good shooter, wore a Montreal baseball cap)
Flintstone
Tug/Tug Boat
Club /Clubber Lang
Fuse (temper)
Grimace
Gunner: never passed/always looked for his shots
Cherry-picker: never went for a rebound or blocked a guy out, started running out the instant an opponent's shot went up (Gunner and Cherry picker usually the same guy)
Lurch: big white slow guy with next-to-zero agility
BrickBoy: obvious lol

Last edited:
Andre Drummond? The top 100 center that went to UConn over offers from Duke and Kentucky?
There were no scholarships left at UConn after he made his commitment, so he played his one season there as a walk-on

I call it how I see it

not only was it a douche post, but your take is totally wrong.

he’s a walk on.

As someone indicated above - a quality walk on like this is a good thing for a program

if he was offered a scholarship then your post would still be douchey but at least you would have had a point

but he’s a walk on so your post is (1) douchey and (2) an utterly bad take

well done. You achieved the elusive double crown

Last edited:
We thought of one guy at our old pickup place as the "black hole": pass him the ball, and you will never see it again on that possession. It could not escape his gravitational field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT