ADVERTISEMENT

Richie Lewis

This is Richie Lewis. First and foremost i am extremely proud to be a Scarlet Knight. I spent my young adult years growing up and competing with the Block R and would not change that for anything. I never turned my back on the program i just disagreed with a few decisions and am not afraid to speak my mind. With that said as a wiser man now i realize I may have said things that should not have been publicly stated. Am i sorry no, is that my personality and my truth yes (although i awklenedge it may have crossed inappropriate depending on demo). I support our program and staff completely. Anyone who knows me personally and spent time with me as a person knows what I represent and the Man I am. Regardless of myself, i came in here to make one thing clear. I support our core staff, the bought in athletes, and Rutgers as a whole. I think there are some minor tweaks (everyone has there own opinion) but. Feel free to ask me any questions to clear confusion and trend discussions in a positive but realistic way towards Rutgers Wrestling. Maybe I’ll do an AMA as a previous athlete and current pro with a greater and more understanding approach. God Bless and thank you for all the support over the years.

This is Richie Lewis. First and foremost i am extremely proud to be a Scarlet Knight. I spent my young adult years growing up and competing with the Block R and would not change that for anything. I never turned my back on the program i just disagreed with a few decisions and am not afraid to speak my mind. With that said as a wiser man now i realize I may have said things that should not have been publicly stated. Am i sorry no, is that my personality and my truth yes (although i awklenedge it may have crossed inappropriate depending on demo). I support our program and staff completely. Anyone who knows me personally and spent time with me as a person knows what I represent and the Man I am. Regardless of myself, i came in here to make one thing clear. I support our core staff, the bought in athletes, and Rutgers as a whole. I think there are some minor tweaks (everyone has there own opinion) but. Feel free to ask me any questions to clear confusion and trend discussions in a positive but realistic way towards Rutgers Wrestling. Maybe I’ll do an AMA as a previous athlete and current pro with a greater and more understanding approach. God Bless and thank you for all the support over the years.
I was one of your SKWC “mentors” during your time on The Banks and got to know you and to a certain extent your family over the years. What you stated above is from the Richie that I know. Continued success in your career and hopefully we will see you at JMA in the near future.

Solid Post.
I was rooting for you and will continue to.
Anyone who shed blood for RU Wrestling will get my support!

Where do you train? Ever Roll with Frankie E at his training facility?
Lets bring another MMA Title to RU!

Thanks for coming on here Richie and bringing some clarity in a non-confrontational way. You were definitely one of my favorite wrestlers at RU. I pray the best for you now and in your future!

Thanks for coming here and clearing the air. What are those minor tweaks you recommend?

Solid Post.
I was rooting for you and will continue to.
Anyone who shed blood for RU Wrestling will get my support!

Where do you train? Ever Roll with Frankie E at his training facility?
Lets bring another MMA Title to RU!
I Train at Kill Cliff FC in Deerfield Beach Florida. Living in Miami, Florida with my beautiful and growing Family.

Thanks for coming here and clearing the air. What are those minor tweaks you recommend?
Retaining Top Talent produced from RU to stay with program. Believing in Goodale Vision. Him, his staff, and leaders of team (students) need to identify talent, work ethic, morals, and win factor. Target and focus on those recruits and athletes. Shift our collective mindset to buy into the greatness that has and is happening at RU. It’s hard to step up as a young man and we need to identify those with resilience and the willingness to do so. I wish i would have done more with my time st a Rutgers. Led to some of my inconsistency. Next we need alumni support from the Goodale Era and authenticate good will and energy towards our Program and the greatness it has produced in a short period of time. It trickles down and believe it out not all the way to fans and the clubs and coaches propping Rutgers up (in truth) rather then find holes and have a general dark cloud over it. Look at the names over the last 10 years. What start up program from no funding in the barn has done what we have. We need to take a more assertive step forward and that’s a tenfold plan. But i firmly believe Goodale, Prittzlaff and our athletic department can bring us there with a plan. We often over estimate what we can do in a year and under estimate what we can do in 5.

You know Richies positive words towards Program and Goodale must piss off our 2 or 3 clowns that non stop bash The Program. The guys who get upset when someone says something positive about Program on The Official RU Wrestling forum page...If Lewis came on here and Bashed Program they would have been all over this thread....haha

Last edited:
He basically cut all ties with Rutgers and dumped on the program on his way out so I don’t think many people here are pulling for him anymore
can we please put and end to this narrative once and for all now that Richie Lewis has come on our board hat in hand in a humble and respectful manner using "WE" multiple times referring to himself AND RU TOGETHER?

can we please put and end to this narrative once and for all now that Richie Lewis has come on our board hat in hand in a humble and respectful manner using "WE" multiple times referring to himself AND RU TOGETHER?
That’s fair but up until he came on here to clarify things I don’t think many people would have disagreed with what I said

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT