ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Legendary Coach John Thompson

Moved?
Coach Thompson was a coaching and American icon.
His death is not solely basketball news, it’s National news and belongs anywhere it’s posted.

With so much going on in the football world these days, there is no room here for us to discuss a the passing of a college basketball legend such as JT.

We need to make room for more RIP threads about journeymen athletes of the 40s, 50s and 60s whom we never heard of I guess.

Moved?
Coach Thompson was a coaching and American icon.
His death is not solely basketball news, it’s National news and belongs anywhere it’s posted.
I see your point, but there’s a little more discussion about this on the hoops board.

Reactions: RUtix4me
Great coach and man. Without him there is no Allan Iverson.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Greg2020
With so much going on in the football world these days, there is no room here for us to discuss a the passing of a college basketball legend such as JT.

We need to make room for more RIP threads about journeymen athletes of the 40s, 50s and 60s whom we never heard of I guess.
I said look over there threads have been moved there. Not hey how dare you post here. There were some good discussion going on. So don’t look lol.

Great coach and good man. Anyone who loved Big East ball from the 80's will always have a special place in their heart fro him.

Reactions: ElmiraExpress
I said look over there threads have been moved there. Not hey how dare you post here. There were some good discussion going on. So don’t look lol.

lol.

My post wasn’t directed at you— more so at the ocd post-merger general who most likely moved the threads over there!

"Georgetown University, the sport of basketball and the world has lost someone who I consider to be a father figure, confidant and role model,” said Ewing in a post to Twitter. "

A lot of the best sports coaches are strong "father figure" individuals who know when to push and when to let up"

Yeah the RUARRIVED special. Never fails to make you go......WHO? Then you find out he was the backup middle infielder for the 1954 Washington Senators.

Reactions: NewJerseyGuy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT