ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Patti Duke

My sisters grew up with her movies . Never realized she was that young. RIP

She lived a tortured life . A verily talented lady with an intetesting husband , John Gomez Adams Aston, and "Rudy" was her son. Identical cousins .

It's oft-forgotten that she had a leading role in the 1967 film adaptation of Jacqueline Susann's "Valley of the Dolls". She played opposite Sharon Tate and Martin Milner (who would go on to have an iconic television role as Officer Pete Malloy on "Adam-12").

I was in basic training in the same company that her Husband was attached to and they were married just before I graduated. Can't remember which platoon he was assigned to, but i recall seeing her a few times during my stay at Fort benning

Sad. Another fixture of my youth has passed.

I really enjoyed her in Valley of the Dolls:

Oddity:Both of the females on her show are gone,while all three males are still with us.William Schallert is 93,Eddie Applegate is 80,and Paul O'Keefe will be 65 next month.

"She played opposite Sharon Tate and Martin Milner (who would go on to have an iconic television role as Officer Pete Malloy on "Adam-12")."

Martin Milner: Route 66 > Adam 12

Oddity:Both of the females on her show are gone,while all three males are still with us.William Schallert is 93,Eddie Applegate is 80,and Paul O'Keefe will be 65 next month.

Cathy Lane's boyfriend on the show was "Rocky" played by Daniel J. Travanti who played Captain Frank Furillo of Hill Street Blues fame.... also still alive (now 76).

Last edited:
I used to watch reruns on Nick at night in the late 80's, I had a huge crush on Cathy lane ( the British cousin). It's amazing her breakthrough role was playing twins , and she was tortured by bipolar disease

Good actress

The Miracle Worker is one of my favorite movies and she did two of them.
RIP Patty Duke

Her performance in that is ridiculously good. I find it hard to "like" that movie.. the topic is so rough at times.. but it was powerful and it and her performance deserved all the respect and honors it received.

That that same girl could do that light comedy series, The Patty Duke Show.. is just awesome range.

Heard an interview with her this morning where she mentioned that the theme song from "The Patty Duke Show" became the bane of her existence, as people would sing it to her and not stop until they were finished to show her that they remembered every word. She chuckled as she told the story but given her mental health issues I suspect that was a forced laugh. RIP.

I used to watch reruns on Nick at night in the late 80's, I had a huge crush on Cathy lane ( the British cousin). It's amazing her breakthrough role was playing twins , and she was tortured by bipolar disease

Good actress
She lost her mind because cousins were two of a kind?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT