ADVERTISEMENT

Robbed of a TD?

Play was wrongly called dead, but even if it wasn't, Bless was called for a face mask and EMU was holding. Offsetting.

It was BS you don't blow the play dead fo holding an a face mask.
However number 60 would have tackled him.

Refs ****ed up .

Reactions: redking
Offsetting penalties. If anything I'm happy they called it dead or grant would've taken an unnecessary hit.

The offsetting penalties were a cop out. The flag was originally thrown because the official thought Grant called for a fair catch and then ran with the ball. They compounded the mistake by blowing the play dead for no reason, and then making up offsetting penalties.

You mean when all of the EMU guys stopped for the whistle?

I posted this in another thread. With the Back Judge ruling he waved his arms they made the right calls.

michaeld366 said:
The worst part about that is that the ball bounced before he caught it meaning that even if he did call a fair catch and not poison, the fair catch rules don't apply and it's a live ball again.

That's not correct. Once a fair catch signal or any hand signal is made by the returner, in this case his weak wave of his arms together to wave players away, it is a dead ball as soon as it is in possession by either team. The ball bouncing means nothing. No player on the receiving team can advance the ball once the returner makes the motions with his hands.

I watched the replay and from where the official was it looked like he made the right call, however from the front view it wasn't a real strong signal by Grant that they called it. Blowing the play dead was correct and should have been a dead ball delay of game on RU but since there were offsetting live ball fouls on the play the dead ball foul following the play is not enforced. The call was right if you consider what Grant did as hand motion to get players(from his own team) to get away. Somewhat like yelling to get away from the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT