ADVERTISEMENT

RU +1.5 vs Loyola

Laxing4life

Redshirt
Feb 18, 2023
Big one for the men tomorrow. Couple questions:

Faceoff: will Dugenio be back? we need to equal possession at the X. Need a solid 2 man rotation.
Defense: last week inverts hurt us. Army’s midfield put up 8 goals / 11 points. SSDMs struggled, Rall still looked like he was hampered from an injury, is Reynolds hurt? Expect Loyola to take advantage of the invert and put pressure on the rope.
Offense: Knobloch will get hot, shooters shoot. Need Sprock to play a bigger role which he is capable of. Like what Aimone has been able to do. Need better production from 2nd line. Attack has been solid but only 3 assist last week. Need to share the goals as Loyolas defense seems strong on ball. Score on man up!
Goal: Mullin has been solid. Improve on the 12 to 15 yard takes. High expectations following Kirst and believe he can meet these expectation. Big body.
Clears: Wasn’t expecting the struggle we saw last week. RU was a top 3 team last year in clear %. Going to need to be near perfect to win this game.

Prediction: RU understands the importance of this game. Loyola will be looking to win the B1G conference by winning this game. Going to be another thriller and a one goal game. RU pulls it out late in the 4th.

Good recap. I think after 3 games we still have too many questions/shortcomings and if I were made to bet I think Loyola covers at home. We likely won't get owned again at the X like we did last week but we are a bit unbalanced (attack heavy) and that is not a small problem. Clearing, defense around the cage....just a lot to bet on when up against a team that handled MD and Hop. I hate how important this game is but it kinda is if we are honest.

We definitely need to clear better and we need more production from the midfield. Our D needs to communicate better.

I know there was some over confidence going into Army. I don't think that is the case this week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT