ADVERTISEMENT

RU Offers 2018 G Ron Harper, Jr.

I think this is very good. I saw him play in the Tournament of Champions when he led Don Bosco to a win over Linden when he scored 17 points and had 13 rebounds as a 16 year old junior. In the finals he scored 13 points against the Patrick School. He was a 6'6" 220 pound small forward. At 16 I would think he will be even bigger and better as a senior. His father was a very good player in the NBA for many years as his mother played D-1 basketball as well. I believe he has an 11 year old brother who is supposed to be very good as well. Nebraska offered him just 2 weeks ago. He can rebound, score and hit the three. I think this is a very good offer and he is from Franklin Lakes, NJ attending Don Bosco that finished as the #2 team in NJ this past season.

Does RU offering Harper pretty much mean they have resigned with Carey? Also, offering another Guard in 2018 is interesting considering the glaring front court need. Me thinks the 2017 mystery player is definitely a big man.

Does RU offering Harper pretty much mean they have resigned with Carey? Also, offering another Guard in 2018 is interesting considering the glaring front court need. Me thinks the 2017 mystery player is definitely a big man.

I thought the same. And/or they know Corey isn't coming back already.

Even if you think you are getting someone, you have to keep recruiting other guys because you never know.

Personally, it seems like Carey is a long shot.

Carey is more a point/combo guard, Harper at 6'6" or so can be a wing.

Harper is blowing up. I wouldn't read anything Carey related into it.

Harper could be more related to how they may view him at Small Forward....while Carey has RU in the Final 6 and has visited RU recently, Harper has another B1G offer from Nebraska to go along with RU now.

If he is 6'5 to 6'6', that says Small Forward option for the future....Thiam would be a hybrid forward at both stretch 4 and Small Forward, while Peter Kiss and Harper can play/compete at the SF position....

When you are rebuilding a roster, you have to consider as many talented pieces that have a specific strength or versatility....in Harper's case, he can play the 2 or the 3, has shooting range and upside...considering he plays right now without being in elite condition physically, there has to be a what if in 2 years, Harper is chiseled and stronger/ready to roll....you may have a steal of a recruit.

Maybe if we sign him we can get a package deal for a national anthem performance from his sister Dana. She was on a recent season of The Voice and could really sing. Maybe a face off between her and Riff Raff?

Used to do fantasy basketball and stupidly I drafted Ron Harper the year he went to the Bulls figuring he'd get tons of stats playing with Pippen and Jordan. He busted.
I assume this is that Ron Harper's son.

Aaron wrote a very nice article. He reiterates all the things that I posted yesterday on Ron Jr. I think it would be nice to grab this guy. He is a NJ guy and just keeps getting better. I think he would do well as a small forward and can also play the two.

He's a big kid for a wing and can shoot it with the best of them. Also can put the ball on the floor. Would be a solid get

People need to move away from the thinking you need classic lineups of needing a point guard, shooting guard, small forward, power forward and center. Our lineup we had in down the stretch generally had 3 guards and it was the best lineup. Many teams play 3 guards the whole game and want two point guards to limit turnovers. The classic inside 4 man is often better suited for the stretch 4 in todays game as the 3 point shot is so important now in basketball. Many teams play without center and I can see us using Sa or Omoruyi instead of Doorson down stretch with Freeman. I know you want versatlity and to be able to matchup against big strong teams but we rebounded pretty well with small lineup and a 6'2 Mike Williams in game. We need to upgrade the shooting here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT