ADVERTISEMENT

RU vs Illinois 7PM BTN+ 1/17/2015

Final: 82-54

win #20 for RU this season, and the most points we've scored in a B1G game.

finally hitting our stride?

final...Rutgers 80 Illinois 56

This was a total beatdown. RU is peaking at the right time. Took care of business and blew out two lesser opponents as they should. The next two on the road will be very very tough. Michigan State played toe to toe with Maryland and Northwestern is an unknown quantity that has won a lot. This stretch of two games on the road will be telling. RU has not lost to an inferior team all year long and has played extremely well on the road.

Originally posted by bac2therac:
Essie with the old bounce off the players back inbound and layup....lol a Tasha Pointer special

RU now up 72-50 with 3:16 left
And going back even further, Liz Hanson used to use that trick

Getting better and better. If Hollivay plays like this we will be tough. Plus we are learning to score more, and we look like we have grown into a very confident team. We play fast and loose, and expect to win every time. I would love to have another crack at Iowa.

Originally posted by knight82:

Essie with the old bounce off the players back inbound and layup....lol a Tasha Pointer special

wow, good memory! I *think* I remember Liz doing that.

Originally posted by dmd78:
Originally posted by knight82:

wow, good memory! I *think* I remember Liz doing that.
Diana, I still can see Joe McKeown going nuts when she did it in a huge game against GW in the Atlantic 10 days

They say Stringer's teams peak around tournament time. Is this close enough to tournament time?
3dsmile.r191677.gif

Two tough road games coming up, Michigan State gave Maryland fits and Northwestern is very good. These games will not be easy.

Canty came out of the game during the first timeout & ran into the locker room, returned a little later but stayed on the bench for the remainder of the first half.

We are peaking now, both offensively and defensively.

The next two games could be a challenge, but if we maintain a low number of fouls (especially Rachel) and limit turnovers we should take them. There is talent, athleticism, and some very good senior leadership on this team.

Tyler looked good...despite her early misses (the basket had a lid, that's how close they were) and our good play in the paint opened up some easy jumpers for her. I hope she is breaking out of her slump. (A slump for Tyler can be a career game for many players!) Rachel played one of her best games, and Laney kept feeding her from the high post. Even Ariel played well.

Speaking of Ariel, she really enjoys herself out there and is usually all smiles and is easily amused. As long as she has a killer instinct inside of her, like Rachel has been showing, she can be a very effective post.

I will really miss Essie's defense next season, as well as her assist to turnover ratio.

We turned the ball over ten times during the first half, mainly due to sloppy play and attempts to make a highlight film late in the half; settled down and committed three in the second.

Copper! She has been having a really good season but now she is hitting another gear. Love to watch her!!!

Two straight games where Rutgers had a very strong second half.Four players in double figures is a big positive.Scoring 80 points and only 3 turnovers in the second half is a big positive.Hernandez making 2 three pointers back to back is a big positive.Scaife scoring 21 points is the biggest positive of all because her scoring is critical moving forward.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT