1 4 30 20 RU +4
Break 37 28 IU +1
2 1 45 30 RU +6
2 2 53 38 Even
2 3 55 38 RU +2
2 4 58 43 IU +2
Final 63 52 UI +4

Originally posted by BeKnighted:
Okay, I think the game is in hand, but is it really necessary to put all of the subs in with close to 2:00 left?
With a game tomorrow at 3pm and Christa getting hurt I think it was the smart move

Solid game! Love the 10 assists from Briyona and the pair of daggers from Cynthia!

Time to get revenge with Northwestern...

Originally posted by gigantor1024:

Okay, I think the game is in hand, but is it really necessary to put all of the subs in with close to 2:00 left?
With a game tomorrow at 3pm and Christa getting hurt I think it was the smart move
What happened to Christa?

Just back at the hotel: battle underneath the defensive boards. Christa and an Indiana player got tangled up and Christa went down hard. But the foul was called on her. Couldn't walk off on her own Looks like they iced it and at end of the game she was walking a bit better but with a slight limp.

What happened to Christa?
Looked almost similar to Rachel's injury during MSU game. She was squaring up for a defensive rebound I believe, she was up against a Indiana defender and Cynthia Hernandez, and she got knocked to the floor as well as Cynthia. Christa was called for a foul on the play, and she kept a smile on because Cynthia had inadvertently fallen atop of Christa, but she needed 2 other RU players to help walk off the floor. Looked like a left knee injury, possibly sprain but I almost thought I heard someone say dislocated. It could have just been a hyper extension but we won't be sure for a day or so and she'll probably be doubtful.

Very thankful Rachel was able to play and we'll be counting on her and Ariel if Christa is out.

Although if anyone else noticed, we went with a small lineup in certain points today where Betnijah almost played inside.

Sorry for the delay in response Bek I went out to shovel as soon as the game was done

Originally posted by RUClassof67:
Just back at the hotel: battle underneath the defensive boards. Christa and an Indiana player got tangled up and Christa went down hard. But the foul was called on her. Couldn't walk off on her own Looks like they iced it and at end of the game she was walking a bit better but with a slight limp.
What he said. Sorry 67 just got back in from the snow and didnt read through all the posts

Originally posted by RUClassof67:
What he said. Sorry 67 just got back in from the snow and didnt read through all the posts
Believe me, I sympathize - I just got back in from my third bout of shoveling (twice on my driveway, once on my in-laws').

I was at work so I had to record the game. Good game, I loved Cynthia's two threes, Canty's defense and assists.

A few things had me concerned during the last ten minutes or so. Scoring drought, dropped rebounds, and Tyler missing lots of shots. This was almost a carbon copy of Sunday's game, where a seventeen point lead was cut to nine. However, Shrita and Tyler did a great job handling the ball during the final minute. We were fortunate that Indiana missed a lot of open threes during the second half, although most of the ones they made seemed to be from loose balls and long rebounds.

The next to last(?) possession had tyler putting on a dribbling show against double (and triple??) teams. Cynthia's three sealed it because I was getting a bit nervous.

Shrita is finding her game and fitting in well out there.

Originally posted by ScarletteK80:
Gonna be some sore old men tomorrow.
LOL.
Excuse me -- "men"????

Some of us old women were also shoveling post-game, thank you very much.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 3/6 7:05 AM by mom'sthefan

Good to see we got the W. We definitely should be raring to go today to avenge what happened at Northwestern last week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT