ADVERTISEMENT

RU vs Minnesota 2PM 1/13/18 Game Thread

RU did what was needed in OT to take the game.
Can't say I'm not worried about this team, but today they
made sure the OT was theirs and proved they are a pretty good team , Though this team can be better , they make us proud when playing like they did in OT today.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
10 three pointers for Minnesota.Wagner is a sensational shooter.Rutgers just committed their second stupid foul allowing Minnesota 3 foul shots which were made.66-65 Rutgers leads with 26 seconds remaining.

10 three pointers for Minnesota.Wagner is a sensational shooter.Rutgers just committed their second stupid foul allowing Minnesota 3 foul shots which were made.66-65 Rutgers leads with 26 seconds remaining.

OT DAMMIT
certainly an impressive performance in OT.

Minnesota has 4 women who can knock down threes. Scary.
The men play tOSU Sunday night and all of their players can hit the three with the possible exception of their big man, who is a monster.

Excellent win against a tough squad. We had more juice in OT. Think Minny shot their wad in the 4th. One thing we need to clean up IMO is lazy passes. But a great & gritty team effort for the win.

Excellent win against a tough squad. We had more juice in OT. Think Minny shot their wad in the 4th. One thing we need to clean up IMO is lazy passes. But a great & gritty team effort for the win.

Cleanup lazy passes (way too many - that is one thing the men’s team has really done well with)

And don’t leave deadly 3 point shooters wide open. That blonde was KILLING us today. She is good! Would love to have a player like that.

Was screaming "No, no, no, no!" at the TV on the last turnover in regulation. Glad that they took over in OT. Whew!

Felt like we got a little lax closing out on the three point shooters late in regulation, but were much better in OT. Glad to get the win.
it definitely looked like a heartbreaker when she was alone under the basket. Couldn't hit a layup. That was our issue Wednesday. Not tonight though.

What I noticed from the numbers is that RU committed fewer fouls, but the fouls were more expensive. Minnesota grabbed a lot of O-boards and got more than twice as many second-chance points.

What I noticed from skimming the play-by-play was that in the second half the bucket-trading was 3 pt. for 2 pt. in favor of Minnesota.

Learning task for the coming week: how to guard the three-point shooters without fouling them.

With the O-boards, is Minnesota just bigger? Was it poor positioning by RU? Combo?

Rutgers rebounding was weak today. However, a good chunk of them were also due to big bounces off the rim from the missed 3's.

I brought my daughters to this game. It was the first time I've seen them live this year. I can't believe a Rita's water ice is 7 freakin' dollars. Also, thanks to the cheerleader who threw one of my daughters a t-shirt. Hopefully the other one doesn't kill the t-shirt grabber in her sleep in order to get it!

The men play tOSU Sunday night and all of their players can hit the three with the possible exception of their big man, who is a monster.
And yet when we play teams at home, we seem to perform better in front of our own crowd. Let's hope some of our guys (Corey, Geo, Mike) can catch fire a bit and knock down some threes.

it definitely looked like a heartbreaker when she was alone under the basket. Couldn't hit a layup. That was our issue Wednesday. Not tonight though.
Actually, it wasn't that the Minnesota player couldn't hit a layup. It was because she was too far from the basket, had given up her dribble, and if she tried to get closer she would have walked on the play. Thank god they didn't steal the game from us there.

Reactions: LtCol144
http://www.scarletknights.com/news/2018/1/13/womens-basketball-no-21-19-womens-hoops-holds-off-minnesota-to-improve-to-12-0-at-home.aspx

Leaders:
Points- Scaife 25, Carey 23
Rebounds- Carey 14
Assists- Cryor 4
Steals- Sanders 5
Blocks- Carey 3
CC and KK also accounted for 8 turnovers. This needs some coaching as we play more and more of these close games! CC is a bundle of energy but makes a lot of blind (no look) passes resulting in turnovers; I think she is approaching 60. Got to eliminate these self-inflicted errors before Tournament Time? Also, CVS proudly points out the depth of her bench to wear down opponents, but we hardly saw Fitz or the rest of the team?

Reactions: RU MAN
ADVERTISEMENT