ADVERTISEMENT

RU vs Purdue game thread 7pm 1/10/18 BTN+ TV

10-1 foul ratio. Give me a break
don't expect a break , RU has to play much better and make their own breaks or lose tonight.
I'st half put the team in a deep hole and getting out of it will be because they finally started to play like they should.

With shots like that 3 at the end of the shot clock for Purdue, it’s just one of those nights

damm looks like a bad one tonight, I'm not optimistic about a 4th quarter rally that will ovecome Purdue's lead

Lots of substitutions and turnovers but very few points.This game might set a record with only 20 points near the end of the third quarter.I will say again Purdue stinks and this game isn't being lost because of fouls but rather abysmal offense by Rutgers.

The RU-gets-ranked curse strikes again lol!
yea bad game after some good ones that helped this team earn some respect.
Hopefully next game at Minnesota will prove to be different and those who congratulate the team after every win on this board will be able to do it again.
Game isn't over, but not my usual optimistic self and won't complain about the curse striking.

Purdue has only made one more bucket than RU they are just as bad on offense. Ugh this game setting womens hoops back....2-24 combined from 3...RU 0-12

Hopefully they get this game out of their system and don’t have the pressure of the winning streak. The key will Be how they react to this game.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Hopefully they get this game out of their system and don’t have the pressure of the winning streak. The key will Be how they react to this game.
need that to happen and make this type of game being played now a learning experience so it doesn't happen again.
Less then 3 to play and overcoming 12 points will be hard unless team gets act together.
Don't think so

Our team is too talented to have this much of an off night. I can't believe after finally earning respect we pull this kind of crap out there.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
40-28....2:47 left...game over

Minnesota just won at Penn State 91-71.....I expect a loss in that game. The offense has suddenly reverted back to the old ways the last two games and actually as RU got into conference play all the looseness and high powered offense they were showing as disappeared, I wonder if CVS has reigned it in again

Minnesota just won at Penn State 91-71.....I expect a loss in that game. The offense has suddenly reverted back to the old ways the last two games and actually as RU got into conference play all the looseness and high powered offense they were showing as disappeared, I wonder if CVS has reigned it in again
losing faith ?
One bad game like this shouldn't start questioning CVS again.
Give it a few more games before jumping off the bandwagon.
But guess some will jump the first opportunity they get just like some ( not you) show up on this board for bad games mostly

I hope C. Viv hasn't. Then she needs to rethink what's just occurred because this showing was unacceptable.

losing faith ?
One bad game like this shouldn't start questioning CVS again.
But guess some will

definitely noticing how the offense has stalled somewhat in Big 10 play. It wasnt exactly stellar vs Penn State either, it also struggled the first game against Purdue

I hope C. Viv hasn't. Then she needs to rethink what's just occurred because this showing was unacceptable.
agree fully that this game was unacceptable.
But shouldn't be considered the beginning of end.

We scored 70 points in the last game and 76 in the one before that. I don't think CViv is reigning them in. They just aren't hitting their shots tonight. Greene has been big in the last two games, but not tonight. I'm not watching the game, so I really can't comment on what exactly is wrong with the team tonight.

agree fully that this game was unacceptable.
But shouldn't be considered the beginning of end.
No, of course not. But I can't believe how much of a WTF game this turned out to be. I hope our women are mad at this display and promise themselves to not let this kind of effort is not acceptable as a Scarlet Knight.

Oh stop it. You're being just as bad in the other way. This performance tonight was unacceptable. Surely even you can see that.
Of course I can. But a road loss to a decent B1G team shouldn’t result in strictly negativity.

don't expect a break , RU has to play much better and make their own breaks or lose tonight.
I'st half put the team in a deep hole and getting out of it will be because they finally started to play like they should.
I watched the full game. Plenty of inconsistency by the refs first two quarters.

CVS mentioned this inevitable loss during a recent post-game.
Diana why did she feel this way? Just a natural letdown?

I Forgot exactly what she said, but I think she was acknowledging that they were unlikely to go Undefeated the rest of the way, and wondering how they would respond.

P.S. see related comment above from RU MAN.

Of course I can. But a road loss to a decent B1G team shouldn’t result in strictly negativity.
Purdue is a mediocre team at best. We are too talented to perform this way. Let's all hope this is just a hiccup along the way. It's just disappointing after we finally earned respect and got ranked.

This must be a misprint with Rutgers only scoring 33 points in a 40 minute game .A CYO game maybe,a high school game sometimes but a college game no way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT