ADVERTISEMENT

RU vs Syracuse/BC/Duke/UNC for Revenue Sharing

RURahh

All Conference
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2013
I have seen a few posts saying that the new deal levels the playing field for teams not in the P2 and we should be eating the ACCs lunch. I am going to make the following assumptions ( TAKE WITH A GRAIN of SALT) but let's see if it's really true

A) RU has 20mm to share from revenue sources and another 10mm from media rights. That is 30mm of which I am using 40% as the number that might go to football and on a 85 man roster, that is about 140k per player IF divided equally.

B) The other mentioned schools probably have about half the money to devote (although I think Duke/Miami/UNC,FSU) will all equal what the P2 does

C) But assuming Syracuse and BC only have 70k to pay each player and both Rutgers and Syracuse are competing for the same 4 star recruit or portal addition, 70k is like a small zit on a pre-pubscent teenager.

D) NIL will still exist, perhaps in a different form, and the Vitamin Water dude at St John's or Adam Weitsman at Syracuse ( king of garbage and crypto) will still spend millions on elite players to give them a recruiting edge over us

In sum, I see the revenue share benefitting the bottom third of the team ASSUMING it's split equally amongst the team and NIL still going to the top quarter. Maybe this gives RU better overall depth but 4 and 5 stars can still easily choose ACC or B12 schools as long as their boosters remain generous and whatever governing board that exists, doesn't impose team caps This will be even more dramatic in basketball-centric schools like the Big East where they can allocate maybe 75% to hoops and still spread out the NIL money on top

I may be understanding this completely backwards and would love @RUJON to weigh in if he is comfortable, but I just don't see much changing except for the marginal athlete who gets a nice little payday

Hipe everyone is enjoying this great weekend in the NorthEast

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News