ADVERTISEMENT

RUMLAX vs. Princeton on ESPN3

Leaving too many excuses on the table for the Good Ole boys club to keep us out again. While NCAA's can still be obtained, 3 more loses in the remaining contests and we're done. Basically we have to go 6-2 or better to have a chance at an at large and avoid a 1st round loss in the B1G tournament. It's going to be extremely difficult, right now, I know it's early, but I'm just not seeing it.

Lacrosse season doesn't start until you get your second loss. Well, I guess stuff just got real.

We slowed it down a little bit, but that is the absolute right play. Up 4 goals with a kid on the other side of midfield in Sowers who is a dynamo, you don't need to outscore them. You need to run clock. At that point you don't need to outscore them, you need to manage the game. Keep the field balanced, don't let them get breaks, and be perfect in the sub game.

This was another spot where the refs f'd us. Rose takes a shot that is clearly deflected. That is supposed to reset the shot clock. Refs didn't do it, we are forced to try and make a play with the clock running down, we don't, and they come down and score. Easily could have had that ball for another minute.

We missed just enough plays to lose, with a lot of help from the refs. I actually feel good with how we looked. Outside of groundballs, we looked sharp. The best we have looked all year. Groundballs and man down D, which gave up way too many good looks.

Princeton is absolutely a team I would love to play again. We are better. Just didn't prove it today.
RU 2, Princeton 29 in last 31 games ... just one of those things like RU vs WV and PSU in football ... really thought the team was mentally tough enough to end the PU trend ... always next year.

We slowed it down a little bit, but that is the absolute right play. Up 4 goals with a kid on the other side of midfield in Sowers who is a dynamo, you don't need to outscore them. You need to run clock. At that point you don't need to outscore them, you need to manage the game. Keep the field balanced, don't let them get breaks, and be perfect in the sub game.

This was another spot where the refs f'd us. Rose takes a shot that is clearly deflected. That is supposed to reset the shot clock. Refs didn't do it, we are forced to try and make a play with the clock running down, we don't, and they come down and score. Easily could have had that ball for another minute.

We missed just enough plays to lose, with a lot of help from the refs. I actually feel good with how we looked. Outside of groundballs, we looked sharp. The best we have looked all year. Groundballs and man down D, which gave up way too many good looks.

Princeton is absolutely a team I would love to play again. We are better. Just didn't prove it today.
I disagree. The slow it down, prevent O almost always fails in every sport. You don't change what you're doing to hold on to a win. Bad strategy in any sport.

I didn't say don't score. It's simply working clock. Game management. When you have a kid in Sowers who had 10 points by my calculation, it's absolutely the right play. In a game like lacrosse where you can hold possession, up 4 goals, it's stupid to try and outscore them.

Longer possessions, which we do anyway when we are settled, is the right play. It's exactly what they don't want you to do. We just didn't do it well enough, missed some opportunities, and get some bad calls from the refs to help.

There isn't a coach in America who is up 4 goals in the 4th and says play faster.

My point being m, because somebody else asked me this after the game, have we slowed our game down on the season and do you feel that it has affected us? Like we simply don’t play well when we slow the game down as was evidenced in the five gold collapse today. We all realize it’s the right thing to do, that late, but maybe we’re just not meant to play that way and we should just keep applying the pressure the full 60 minutes?

Stats coming in. We were penalized 6 x to their 1. And they play every bit as aggressive as we do. Maybe more.

I have never seen that much of a discrepancy before. Watching the game, they clearly missed a ton of calls, which that stat doesn't show. No possession holding calls, shot clock calls resets...the refs had a horrible day. Unfortunately, it was almost exclusively against us.

Reactions: RU62 and biazza38
My point being m, because somebody else asked me this after the game, have we slowed our game down on the season and do you feel that it has affected us? Like we simply don’t play well when we slow the game down as was evidenced in the five gold collapse today. We all realize it’s the right thing to do, that late, but maybe we’re just not meant to play that way and we should just keep applying the pressure the full 60 minutes?

We haven't slowed it down. Teams know we want to run. So they take that away. We still very much run when we can. Like we saw today. We had a bunch of transition goals. But we are a more complete team. We won in a defensive way against Brown last weekend. Today was a shootout of sorts. Lehigh will be a grind.

You have to more than a one trick pony now. Albany is a total run and gun team, even though they are winning, teams are slowing them down. Their 6 v 6 game is good. And ours is getting better each game. Today was the best we have seen it in a wasted effort.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
The refs were bad but we beat ourselves.

Some of our turnovers were really bad, missing passes to open players, passing into players with two men on them .

Face offs were not good.

Sowers was the best person on the field even if we are a better team.

We lost the mental game which I believe Rutgers has a patent on.

I sat there in the 4th when it was 14 to 12 and we had just gotten the penalty for the check to the head and there was zero doubt in my mind we would lose.

Their offense plus our ground ball play was a formula for a loss.

It sucks but what can you do.

Refs absolutely hurt us. Yet we kicked the game away. Too many sloppy, careless, unforced errors. Princeton on the other hand took care of the ball.

Agreed, I was honestly shocked that we threw some of the passes we did at this level of lacrosse.

Princeton did not make those bone headed mistakes .

We had 16 turnovers, Princeton had 14. Pretty even there, so no, they didn't really take care of the ball as compared to us.

Downtown, that call was complete and utter bs. Yet another one. That was a two goal swing.

If you can't hit a guy with the ball who is a yard in front of the crease, then lacrosse is no longer a contact sport. Watched the replay a few x. Very typical lacrosse play. Kid clearly used his shoulder. So much so, he hurt it.

“We are better. Just didn’t prove it today.”

Ah, yes, universal rationalization of under-achieving losers. What other day than TODAY matters? Do you want to give the boys a participation trophy for today?

Starting with UDel last year, RU is 6-6 with one quality win - Ohio State. “Good” losses to Maryland last year and Army this year. That sums up the RU program right now — .500 — absolutely average.

Never said it did. It's sports, today was the only day that mattered and that's why they play games. The best teams don't win all the time.

Last year is gone. Forget about it. It's college sports.

Stats. Ground balls and refs making bad calls. That was the game.

Team 1 2 3 4 5 Total
SHOTS
Rutgers
6 10 9 5 1 31
Princeton Tigers 10 4 10 15 2 41
SHOTS ON GOAL
Rutgers
6 8 7 4 1 26
Princeton Tigers 7 4 5 7 1 24
SAVES
Rutgers
3 1 2 3 0 9
Princeton Tigers 2 3 3 3 1 12
TURNOVERS
Rutgers
3 6 4 3 0 16
Princeton Tigers 2 9 1 2 0 14
CLEARS
Rutgers
3-3 3-3 3-4 4-6 0-0 13-16
Princeton Tigers 0-1 3-5 3-4 3-3 1-1 10-14
GROUND BALLS
Rutgers
7 11 8 5 0 31
Princeton Tigers 10 11 8 9 1 39
FACE OFFS
Rutgers
3 4 5 1 1 14
Princeton Tigers 6 5 3 5 0 19
EXTRA MAN OPPORTUNITIES
Rutgers
0-0 0-0 1-1 0-0 0-0 1-1
Princeton Tigers 2-3 0-0 0-0 2-3 0-0 4-6

We haven't slowed it down. Teams know we want to run. So they take that away. We still very much run when we can. Like we saw today. We had a bunch of transition goals. But we are a more complete team. We won in a defensive way against Brown last weekend. Today was a shootout of sorts. Lehigh will be a grind.

You have to more than a one trick pony now. Albany is a total run and gun team, even though they are winning, teams are slowing them down. Their 6 v 6 game is good. And ours is getting better each game. Today was the best we have seen it in a wasted effort.

If you say so brotha’! Don’t get me wrong either, I haven’t lost hope, I think we can easily go six and two in the last 8, and I also think we have a shot to win the B1G’s, but just having another bad feeling about how this season is going to end: We’re going to be that last team out once again.

I don't care what the stats say. I was there & we kicked it away with UNFORCED turnovers-- two late in the 4th qtr when we could have put it away.

Reactions: 78CollegeAve
There was a lot of talk about our "national championship" caliber team before the season started and now we will be lucky to even make the tournament. We lost a great player but that doesn't excuse the losses. We have a senior laden team - anyone who thinks we will be better next year is dreaming. This is the year to make some noise. So frustrating to be a Rutgers fan - I really thought this was the team we could get excited about.

Reactions: nikoru09
I was there too and wholeheartedly agree our turnovers were bad.

The refs(one specifically) screwed us but lets not spin this, we were in a good position to win and played poorly in the 4th and gave this away. I sensed panic on many of our clears. In the 4th Princeton was disciplined and executed.

From my angle the stick looked like it hit the P player in the head but instant replay may tell a different story.

You never want to say one player means that much, but losing AC severely changed the complexion of the team. He is a dynamic, one of a kind player. Losing him meant we needed to find other ways to win. He is simply irreplaceable. Any NC talk ceased then. It was no about growing and seeing where the slack can be picked up.

Every game is a season. Lehigh will be another. Waaaay too much lax left to go and with everyone beating everyone, it's all still out there. There is still a lot to be excited about. Even in a loss, today was our best game overall.

This tough stretch I was thinking 2-1 would be a good outcome. Gotta get those. One at a time though, starting Wed against a very good Lehigh team who will try and make the game an absolute grind.

In B1G action today, Maryland lost a game they were winning big in to Albany, Hopkins is surging and crushed Syracuse. Ohio St. is playing now up 1 on Towson, and Penn St. lost to Cornell. Michigan beat some team on Friday. If I was handicapping the league right now, it would be:

Maryland
Hopkins
Rutgers
OSU
Penn St
Michigan

Anyone now where the tourney is this year?

There was a lot of talk about our "national championship" caliber team before the season started and now we will be lucky to even make the tournament. We lost a great player but that doesn't excuse the losses. We have a senior laden team - anyone who thinks we will be better next year is dreaming. This is the year to make some noise. So frustrating to be a Rutgers fan - I really thought this was the e the press clippingsteam we could get excited about.
that seems to be the problem for some reason at ru...believe the press clippings, and under achieve.....heres and example pertaining to jordan pagano..he beats a high ranked lehigh kid.. and you would think momentum would build into good things to come...naaahhhh...not at good ole ru...he goes down hill and of course gets injured, and can't wrestle.....ladies hoops starts off like gangbusters, and fades into maybe not making the tourny..oh so typical rutgers....i'll even go back many years....final 4 appearance in 76..you would think recruiting would sky rocket, and momentum for the future. looks bright....im still waiting for that momentum...ru the murphy's law university

That's good. Essentially a neutral site if the host team isn't in it. Should we make it though, that's the first time we will have played in that facility.

We had 16 turnovers, Princeton had 14. Pretty even there, so no, they didn't really take care of the ball as compared to us.

Downtown, that call was complete and utter bs. Yet another one. That was a two goal swing.

If you can't hit a guy with the ball who is a yard in front of the crease, then lacrosse is no longer a contact sport. Watched the replay a few x. Very typical lacrosse play. Kid clearly used his shoulder. So much so, he hurt it.

They (the rules)are taking the physical part out of the game. I didn't see the game but the rules and the point of emphasis that they stress in the rules meeting are towards throwing flags for penalties. If you hit a guy who is scooping the ball that is technically unnecessary roughness.

Reactions: RU62
that seems to be the problem for some reason at ru...believe the press clippings, and under achieve.....heres and example pertaining to jordan pagano..he beats a high ranked lehigh kid.. and you would think momentum would build into good things to come...naaahhhh...not at good ole ru...he goes down hill and of course gets injured, and can't wrestle.....ladies hoops starts off like gangbusters, and fades into maybe not making the tourny..oh so typical rutgers....i'll even go back many years....final 4 appearance in 76..you would think recruiting would sky rocket, and momentum for the future. looks bright....im still waiting for that momentum...ru the murphy's law university
I follow everything but dont watch every sport intently at this point. However this essentially was my first thought. I don’t think it’s a Rutgers thing though. It’s just easier to be the hunter than the hunted. It’s difficult to have a break out year and hear about how good you’re supposed to become. There is something to be said for playing with a chip on your shoulder. I suspect most teams deal with this dynamic. When you’re a blue blood it is just the expectation that you will be around. It’s not a matter of making a tournament. Those teams expect to win the tournament. It’s all about the damned expectations

Reactions: FMT
Outside of Albany, there isn't a fan of any team that truly happy right now. Read Hopkins' coach's quotes from today after beating Syracuse.

It's even worse for the blue bloods in some ways. Hopkins and Syracuse fans are besides themselves. The game is just so competitive now. Anyone can beat anyone, and those schools are having a hard time accepting the new normal. Just look at the scores today.

Hofstra, a team many left for dead, manhandled Unc, a top 10 team. Same for Robert Morris over Marquette. That Robert MOrris is a team to watch. Their schedule won't help them, but I wouldn't be shocked if they run the table. They have one loss to us, and lost to an undefeated Georgetown team by 1. Wouldn't want to see them again.

Reactions: jayman
I follow everything but dont watch every sport intently at this point. However this essentially was my first thought. I don’t think it’s a Rutgers thing though. It’s just easier to be the hunter than the hunted. It’s difficult to have a break out year and hear about how good you’re supposed to become. There is something to be said for playing with a chip on your shoulder. I suspect most teams deal with this dynamic. When you’re a blue blood it is just the expectation that you will be around. It’s not a matter of making a tournament. Those teams expect to win the tournament. It’s all about the damned expectations
I was at the game and still can't believe we lost. First the officiating was less than stellar today. The offsides toward end of the game was the wrong call. That being said Princeton's man up picked us apart. Constantly found the soft spot and capitalized.

This was the first time I saw us struggle so much on the clear. 3 or 4 great turnovers were nullified by crappy clears.

offense moved the ball nicely all day and overall didn't play bad. Just needed to win more faceoffs to have more possessions.

Our D seemed to double the ball too quickly while the second slide to cover where the first slide came from was too slow. Simms got his hands free all day long to shoot. Too much time.

If we can cleanup faceoffs and groundballs then we can still be dangerous in B1G. Otherwise it may be a long 2nd half of the season.

Reactions: DowntownT_Brown
B1G update. OSU goes down to Towson, at OSU, where they have been almost unbeatable.

OSU has two more opportunities in the OOC game to make noise playing Denver and ND. Penn St. has a charmin schedule. They are done. They will need the big to have a chance.

I was at the game and still can't believe we lost. First the officiating was less than stellar today. The offsides toward end of the game was the wrong call. That being said Princeton's man up picked us apart. Constantly found the soft spot and capitalized.

This was the first time I saw us struggle so much on the clear. 3 or 4 great turnovers were nullified by crappy clears.

offense moved the ball nicely all day and overall didn't play bad. Just needed to win more faceoffs to have more possessions.

Our D seemed to double the ball too quickly while the second slide to cover where the first slide came from was too slow. Simms got his hands free all day long to shoot. Too much time.

If we can cleanup faceoffs and groundballs then we can still be dangerous in B1G. Otherwise it may be a long 2nd half of the season.

I would agree with that. Though early slides are a definitely a strategy. Sowers got his hands free way too much, especially early.

The last goal by Sims was soft. We had a long pole on him doing fine. Pick game and they got the switch to the shorty. There was no need for that. Long stick could have easily gotten around that.

On one of the failed clears, it was off of a created turnover. The middies just made a beeline for the box, not looking to help with the quick restart. Took us all kinds of time, resulting in not getting it in the box when we finally found a clearing middie. This is usually an area we do very well in, and we still beat them in this stat.

Reading Coach Brecht's quotes, he is pissed. The team definitely didn't play to his expectations. In game you could see he was having serious issues with the refs, even throwing his hat once. And for good reason.

Even so, he is a bottom line guy. You win or lose. Nothing else matters.

Our O played well. We didn't finish everything, but they more then held their own. Certainly did enough to win. Mullins and Jules with 6 points each is a good sign.

I would agree with that. Though early slides are a definitely a strategy. Sowers got his hands free way too much, especially early.

The last goal by Sims was soft. We had a long pole on him doing fine. Pick game and they got the switch to the shorty. There was no need for that. Long stick could have easily gotten around that.

On one of the failed clears, it was off of a created turnover. The middies just made a beeline for the box, not looking to help with the quick restart. Took us all kinds of time, resulting in not getting it in the box when we finally found a clearing middie. This is usually an area we do very well in, and we still beat them in this stat.

Reading Coach Brecht's quotes, he is pissed. The team definitely didn't play to his expectations. In game you could see he was having serious issues with the refs, even throwing his hat once. And for good reason.

Even so, he is a bottom line guy. You win or lose. Nothing else matters.

Our O played well. We didn't finish everything, but they more then held their own. Certainly did enough to win. Mullins and Jules with 6 points each is a good sign.

Totally agree with all your comments and definitely know we like the strategy of the early slide and it has worked so many times in our defensive set but seems this year the second slide is slow getting their man.

Once Simms got the shorty I had a bad feeling.

I actually think it was the first slide in some cases. Rather, not slide. The first couple of goals were doorstep goals. So much attention was getting paid to Sowers they left the front door open.

From the middle of the 3rd to through the middle of the 4th we did well on him and them. They went for a very extended period without scoring. Then that bullshit call came where they scored and and still went up a man. Momentum switched.

Tough pill to swallow. It's sports, but we had that game. A lot had to break right for Princeton to win that game, and it did, including the ref help that was needed.

It will be interesting to follow the Ivy League this year. Yale appears to be the best team, but it's wide open after that. Wouldn't be surprised to see both Princeton and Brown finish at the top, or finish at the bottom. That kind of year and sport now.

Hopkins going up to Syracuse and smacking them around is a surprise. If we can somehow get the next two, I will consider that a good outcome during this tough stretch.

Are the kids on spring break? I hope so.

Rank Team RPI Sig Win Sig Loss (WLT) (WLT) (WLT) (WLT)
Rnk Value Rnk Value Rnk Value Total Road Neutral Home

1 Albany 1 0.7437 40 0 36 0 5 0 0 3 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0
2 Villanova 2 0.6658 70 0 35 1 6 1 0 4 0 0 1 0 0 1 1 0
3 Maryland 3 0.6550 54 0 52 0 5 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 4 1 0
4 Johns Hopkins 4 0.6393 50 0 4 2 3 2 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 2 1 0
5 Notre Dame 5 0.6372 58 0 55 0 3 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 3 0 0
6 Penn 6 0.6348 59 0 29 1 3 3 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 2 2 0
7 Syracuse 7 0.6328 65 0 63 0 3 2 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 2 2 0
8 Loyola 8 0.6043 23 1 5 2 4 2 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 3 1 0
9 Yale 9 0.6039 71 0 71 0 4 1 0 3 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 0
10 Rutgers 10 0.6038 62 0 8 2 4 2 0 1 2 0 0 0 0 3 0 0
11 Georgetown 11 0.5981 45 0 47 0 6 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 4 0 0
12 Duke 12 0.5938 17 1 46 0 6 1 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 5 0 0
13 Virginia 13 0.5916 37 1 68 0 6 1 0 4 0 0 0 0 0 2 1 0
14 Robert Morris 14 0.5840 61 0 59 0 4 2 0 3 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 0
15 North Carolina 15 0.5830 27 1 7 2 6 2 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 5 1 0
16 Hofstra 16 0.5741 21 1 19 1 2 2 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 0
17 Vermont 17 0.5722 69 0 67 0 7 0 0 5 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0
18 Towson 18 0.5658 66 0 64 0 3 3 0 1 2 0 0 0 0 2 1 0
19 Lehigh 19 0.5645 52 0 51 0 5 1 0 2 1 0 0 0 0 3 0 0
20 Drexel 20 0.5533 43 0 45 0 2 3 0 1 2 0 0 0 0 1 1 0
21 Cornell 21 0.5512 41 0 13 1 3 2 0 0 2 0 1 0 0 2 0 0
22 Ohio State 22 0.5434 28 1 28 1 5 2 0 3 0 0 0 1 0 2 1 0
23 St. John's 23 0.5415 64 0 61 0 4 2 0 1 2 0 0 0 0 3 0 0
24 Princeton 24 0.5397 30 1 57 0 3 2 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 3 0 0
25 Harvard 25 0.5387 47 0 18 1 4 1 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 2 1 0
26 Army 26 0.5371 6 1 37 0 4 2 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 3 1 0
27 Jacksonville 27 0.5359 49 0 20 1 2 4 0 0 2 0 0 1 0 2 1 0
28 Brown 28 0.5345 10 1 12 1 2 2 0 2 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0
29 Navy 29 0.5304 56 0 54 0 4 3 0 2 2 0 0 1 0 2 0 0
30 Denver 30 0.5262 15 1 43 0 4 2 0 3 2 0 0 0 0 1 0 0
31 Marquette 31 0.5237 4 2 24 1 3 2 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 1 0
32 Siena 32 0.5198 63 0 33 1 2 2 0 1 2 0 0 0 0 1 0 0
33 UMass 33 0.5171 67 0 65 0 2 4 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 2 3 0
34 Penn State 34 0.5156 29 1 56 0 4 3 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 2 2 0
35 Michigan 35 0.5149 24 1 53 0 4 2 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 4 0 0
36 Holy Cross 36 0.5117 22 1 3 2 1 5 0 1 2 0 0 0 0 0 3 0
37 High Point 37 0.5115 48 0 49 0 0 6 0 0 4 0 0 0 0 0 2 0
38 Dartmouth 38 0.5104 42 0 2 2 2 2 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 2 0 0
39 Boston U. 39 0.5052 9 1 11 1 4 3 0 2 1 0 0 0 0 2 2 0
40 Colgate 40 0.4994 2 2 1 2 4 3 0 2 2 0 0 0 0 2 1 0
41 Richmond 41 0.4892 60 0 31 1 3 3 0 1 3 0 0 0 0 2 0 0
42 Bucknell 42 0.4880 1 2 40 0 4 2 0 3 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 0
43 UMass Lowell 43 0.4765 68 0 34 1 3 3 0 2 2 0 0 0 0 1 1 0
44 Sacred Heart 44 0.4748 33 1 32 1 4 3 0 1 2 0 1 0 0 2 1 0
45 Hobart 45 0.4663 20 1 50 0 2 4 0 0 3 0 0 0 0 2 1 0
46 Hartford 46 0.4650 19 1 17 1 2 3 0 2 2 0 0 0 0 0 1 0
47 Quinnipiac 47 0.4530 32 1 30 1 3 3 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 3 2 0
48 Mercer 48 0.4516 55 0 6 2 2 5 0 2 2 0 0 0 0 0 3 0
49 Detroit Mercy 49 0.4496 16 1 44 0 2 4 0 1 2 0 0 0 0 1 2 0
50 Providence 50 0.4435 31 1 58 0 3 4 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 3 2 0
51 Fairfield 51 0.4428 18 1 15 1 2 5 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 1 4 0
52 Mount St. Mary's 52 0.4418 26 1 26 1 3 4 0 0 4 0 0 0 0 3 0 0
53 Bryant 53 0.4358 11 1 39 0 2 5 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 1 4 0
54 Furman 54 0.4297 44 0 16 1 0 6 0 0 1 0 0 3 0 0 2 0
55 UMBC 55 0.4220 36 1 66 0 1 3 0 0 3 0 0 0 0 1 0 0
56 Bellarmine 56 0.4192 7 1 10 1 2 4 0 0 2 0 1 1 0 1 1 0
57 Lafayette 57 0.4090 51 0 21 1 2 5 0 1 3 0 0 0 0 1 2 0
58 Delaware 58 0.4084 14 1 14 1 3 3 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 2 2 0
59 Canisius 59 0.4040 12 1 41 0 3 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 0
60 Stony Brook 60 0.4031 35 1 62 0 1 5 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 4 0
61 Manhattan 61 0.3954 3 2 22 1 3 4 0 1 3 0 1 0 0 1 1 0
62 Monmouth 62 0.3933 25 1 25 1 2 3 0 2 1 0 0 0 0 0 2 0
63 Marist 63 0.3921 53 0 23 1 1 6 0 0 4 0 0 0 0 1 2 0
64 Air Force 64 0.3808 5 1 9 1 1 5 0 1 2 0 0 0 0 0 3 0
65 Saint Joseph's 65 0.3740 34 1 60 0 1 3 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 2 0
66 Binghamton 66 0.3626 8 1 38 0 1 6 0 0 5 0 0 0 0 1 1 0
67 Cleveland State 67 0.3623 13 1 42 0 1 6 0 1 4 0 0 0 0 0 2 0
68 Wagner 68 0.3455 39 1 70 0 2 4 0 1 3 0 0 0 0 1 1 0
69 NJIT 69 0.3027 57 0 27 1 0 8 0 0 6 0 0 1 0 0 1 0
70 VMI 70 0.2778 38 1 69 0 1 4 0 0 2 0 1 0 0 0 2 0
71 Hampton 71 0.0000 46 0 48 0 1 3 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 2 0

If Rutgers doesn't lose until a BigTen road game they will still be in good shape...
It's all Albany so far.

Still a very good RPI, which will likely be getting stronger moving forward.

It's going to be a very physical, tough game. These two teams don't like each other.

It’s more apparent than ever that the field needs to expand. And I’m not saying this because we missed out the last two seasons. Seriously, who from the blue bloods is going to get left out? What’s happens if the Big East becomes a two bid league again? RU and Army both got left out last year. We beat one of the finalists and lost in 3OT to the champion. Army was also a solid team too. The point I’m trying to make is it’s very clear that there are going to be very competitive teams left out again. Not good for the sport

Biggest discrepancy in the box score IMO were the penalties (5-1).

Next were shots (-10) which I assume is a result of the * ground ball differential (-8). One of the PU attack had 6.

*Always the first thing I look at after the final score.

I believe it was 6-1 man ups for them. That alone is a shot differential.

Groundballs were definitely an area we needed to do better in. Those will be a war on Wed against Lehigh. That will be a low scoring, plodding, grind it out game if Lehigh gets their way.

Reactions: jayman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT