ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers alumni email

jtung230

Heisman Winner
Jun 30, 2005
Anyone get this Rutgers off the Banks email? Seems like a great idea but want to make sure it’s legit.

I just watch the movie Beekeeper and don’t want to have all of my accounts emptied out because I signed up for this.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Interesting: I'm on the RFoundation and RFund mailing list and have not received this. But maybe this is for people outside the RFund and RFoundation for them to make some extra $$$, recoup costs and reel in new donors.

"In each city we’re visiting this fall, you’ll find two great opportunities to join other fans and friends of Rutgers: an R social gathering the night before the game, followed by a game day pregame tailgate experience.

R social gatherings are an opportunity to visit a local restaurant and interact with other alumni, fans, and friends to build Rutgers connections in cities across the country.

Pregame Off the Banks Tailgates will open two hours before each game. Tickets are $20 for guests 21 and over, and $10 for guests under 21. Each tailgate includes food, drink tickets, giveaways, and more!"

Interesting: I'm on the RFoundation and RFund mailing list and have not received this. But maybe this is for people outside the RFund and RFoundation for them to make some extra $$$, recoup costs and reel in new donors.

"In each city we’re visiting this fall, you’ll find two great opportunities to join other fans and friends of Rutgers: an R social gathering the night before the game, followed by a game day pregame tailgate experience.

R social gatherings are an opportunity to visit a local restaurant and interact with other alumni, fans, and friends to build Rutgers connections in cities across the country.

Pregame Off the Banks Tailgates will open two hours before each game. Tickets are $20 for guests 21 and over, and $10 for guests under 21. Each tailgate includes food, drink tickets, giveaways, and more!"
Let me say from experience that the RFoundation is, IMHO, not as competent as it should be -- although I've heard it's gotten better. The mere fact that it sends out an e-mail whose legitimacy isn't obvious is revealing.

Let me say from experience that the RFoundation is, IMHO, not as competent as it should be -- although I've heard it's gotten better. The mere fact that it sends out an e-mail whose legitimacy isn't obvious is revealing.
As usual, you are a true gentleman and a scholar. I have much harsher and worse feelings about RFoundation that I will not detail here. Totally incompetent and infuriating in my experience. Will never give RFoundation another single penny after our experience.

• Wow
Reactions: Leonard23
As usual, you are a true gentleman and a scholar. I have much harsher and worse feelings about RFoundation that I will not detail here. Totally incompetent and infuriating in my experience. Will never give RFoundation another single penny after our experience.
I agree with your last sentence. I wrote President Holloway about my most recent experience and never received a reply -- not even a form letter. Even the web page for making contributions works poorly.

I agree with your last sentence. I wrote President Holloway about my most recent experience and never received a reply -- not even a form letter. Even the web page for making contributions works poorly.
On the other hand, RFund is top notch. It's like night and day between the two. RFund has had to "carry the water" on scholarship we endowed through RFoundation. We would be lost without our RFund people who are on top of details, always follow through, and make sure you know that you are valued and appreciated, instead of an afterthought or a nuisance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT