ADVERTISEMENT

Some cosmetic changes to the network!

Some minor changes this AM, as the Rivals network as a whole as made some upgrades to the site.

Youā€™ll notice itā€™s all mostly cosmetic changes, with a new look front page, different fonts and new look Rivals logo. Also thereā€™s a color change currently as well, but I believe there was a small mistake there as it was supposed to remain scarlet and not black. Iā€™ll look into fixing that asap.

Curious on your guys thoughts? Also if you experience any issue at all, please email me asap so I can get that fixed for you.

RURichie@gmail.com
I love the red color gradient on the home page and the scrolling across the top of the page adds a breaking news feel to the page (very smart). Good update and glad to see that youā€™re investing in the site.

Well it made me sick too! šŸ˜
I think we have different definitions of sick šŸ¤§

30 Rock Fellow Kids GIF by Peacock

• Haha
Reactions: WhiteBus
It's not a choice of device functionality, but of convenience. I'm mostly not sitting at home in front of my laptop - the vast majority of the day, I'm somewhere else. I also don't use my work laptop for personal website visits - so the whole workday is mobile only. Even if I'm in my own home, I'm usually not in the same room as my laptop (which remains plugged in and connected to a keyboard/monitor/mouse) - it's far quicker/easier to browse/read on my phone.

From a study back in 2020, >60% of US web traffic at that time was from mobile devices, an increase from 2019. My guess is the trend has continued to increase.

When it comes to typing replies, I generally prefer my keyboard (and gasp, two spaces after a period, which makes us both "old", fwiw) - but for shorter replies, I'll often use my phone with either speech to text or swipe. And I'm hardly as mobile-savvy as the three generations younger than me šŸ˜

As far as battery savings, I use dynamic brightness based on ambient light, so I have no idea what brightness my phone is displaying - but even a 10% savings would work out to about an extra 36 min in a day for me (last 3 weeks have ranged from 4-8 hrs/day of screentime, per my phone's digital wellbeing data).
As we've agreed, it's often a function of convenience, but when given a choice, at home or at work (and not on the road), the laptop is still the much better choice with regard to screen size, ability to multi-task, and typing speed (studies have shown people who know how to type can easily do 70+ words/minute vs. 35-40 with thumbs). And for people who do most/all of their time on a laptop from home/work (as I used to when I worked), battery life is meaningless, as one is plugged in. It's interesting that our son, who's 29, still prefers his laptop over his phone when at home/work, but his fiancee, who's 24, only uses her phone for everything - it's just what she's used to I guess.

Yes, but it becomes underlined as one scrolls through the list of alerts, so that's a very, very minor thing to me.

One slightly annoying thing I noticed is that the "new" search function simply goes to the "advanced" search window, no longer offering the search dropdown menu, which allowed one to search in the current thread or forum. Unless I just don't see that option somewhere. I use that search function frequently and it will be missed if it's gone.
@DJ Spanky - any insight on my search question. TIA.

As we've agreed, it's often a function of convenience, but when given a choice, at home or at work (and not on the road), the laptop is still the much better choice with regard to screen size, ability to multi-task, and typing speed (studies have shown people who know how to type can easily do 70+ words/minute vs. 35-40 with thumbs). And for people who do most/all of their time on a laptop from home/work (as I used to when I worked), battery life is meaningless, as one is plugged in. It's interesting that our son, who's 29, still prefers his laptop over his phone when at home/work, but his fiancee, who's 24, only uses her phone for everything - it's just what she's used to I guess.
For me, responding is much more convenient on the laptop. Reading is much more convenient on the phone.

I generally only do short responses on the phone... but I'm also old. :)

Some minor changes this AM, as the Rivals network as a whole as made some upgrades to the site.

Youā€™ll notice itā€™s all mostly cosmetic changes, with a new look front page, different fonts and new look Rivals logo. Also thereā€™s a color change currently as well, but I believe there was a small mistake there as it was supposed to remain scarlet and not black. Iā€™ll look into fixing that asap.

Curious on your guys thoughts? Also if you experience any issue at all, please email me asap so I can get that fixed for you.

RURichie@gmail.com
IMO, the search function is much more difficult now. Used to be easier to do a simply search from the Scarlet bar across the top of screen. Now it's a lot of clicks/selections.

Reactions: RU848789
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT