ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers apologizes to students fed up with living conditions

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
Since the middle of December, Rutgers students living at the Newell Apartments have experienced repeated power outages for extended periods that have left them without lights while trying to study and without sufficient heat and hot water throughout nearly the entire winter, with students often being forced to take cold showers.

http://www.nj.com/middlesex/index.s...udents_fed_up_with_subpar_living_conditi.html

Now that the university has built additional housing, they should reduce the size of the incoming classed and begin refurbishing some of the older dorms.

I actually lived in the Starkey apartments as an undergraduate when they first opened second semester of 1979. I remember the Newell apartments very well. Even back then the Newell apartments seemed like over-glorified pre-fab homes. They're definitely in need of some major TLC.

I actually lived in the Starkey apartments as an undergraduate when they first opened second semester of 1979. I remember the Newell apartments very well. Even back then the Newell apartments seemed like over-glorified pre-fab homes. They're definitely in need of some major TLC.
I wasn't actually there but during my time on Cook there was 1st floor Newell party where the floor collapsed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT