ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Rutgers Athletics announces new vaccination policy for indoor events

Status
Not open for further replies.
And no more alcoholic beverage allowed. Please tell me what is the point of that….lol

And no more alcoholic beverage allowed. Please tell me what is the point of that….lol
Not sure I get that one either unless they are trying to reduce the number of staff in the building. I tend to not drink any beer in there anyway, but I know others enjoy one or two.

They want less people eating or drinking because you remove your mask to do so.

Also:

the-dark-knight-joker.gif

You will need to lineup the night before to get through the doors.. then again, the attendance at games probably just went down by 50%.

Glad we somehow had our win vs. No. 1 in the midst of this shitshow season.

So my unvaccinated 6 year old needs a negative test AND photo ID. Got it.
Stop using logic. No room for that. If logic applied, we’d be testing people for antibodies instead of what we are doing.

Last edited:
Reactions: biker7766
They want less people eating or drinking because you remove your mask to do so.

Also:

the-dark-knight-joker.gif
That just seems silly. You're asking if I'm vaccinated, yet you're worried if I remove my mask for a little while to eat or take a sip of a beer when I'm vaxed and boosted? Not YOU specifically, of course.

Stop using logic. No room for that. If logic applied, we be testing people for antibodies instead of what we are doing.
But seriously though. Do they even think these things through before sending out? I guess they're basically saying he can't come anymore.

Reactions: RUskoolie
Stop using logic. No room for that. If logic applied, we be testing people for antibodies instead of what we are doing.
Things will move to that at some point, but the infrastructure isn't there yet. People look at the NFL and it's a good example, but they have a ton of money to do this and there is a ton of money on the line for them if they don't do it.

That just seems silly. You're asking if I'm vaccinated, yet you're worried if I remove my mask for a little while to eat or take a sip of a beer when I'm vaxed and boosted? Not YOU specifically, of course.
Agree that this part seems silly. Also notice the announcement didn't define "full vaccination." It's very possible the US will follow Israel's lead on this and update the definition of fully vaccinated to equal boosted, given waning immunity from the vaccines, coupled with significant evasion of the vaccines and previous infection from omicron. The good news is very little waning of immune response is being seen so far among the boosted.

My only beef is the no food sales inside or food brought in, policy
Since I have to leave my house around 3:45pm to get to the RAC by 5pm, then the 2 hour game, when am I supposed to eat something ?

Agree that this part seems silly. Also notice the announcement didn't define "full vaccination." It's very possible the US will follow Israel's lead on this and update the definition of fully vaccinated to equal boosted, given waning immunity from the vaccines, coupled with significant evasion of the vaccines and previous infection from omicron. The good news is very little waning of immune response is being seen so far among the boosted.

Good luck..less than 30% boosted..no booster for under 18 and 5-11 15% vaxxed

I'll pass on these 2 games at least. It's all moving forward on control. Soon after all info is on your phone they will control your mind.

I'll pass on these 2 games at least. It's all moving forward on control. Soon after all info is on your phone they will control your mind.
Holy crap...I hate to break it you, most of us just aren't that compelling enough for the government to be interested in controlling us through our phones. Try to stick to the topic at hand and not veer off into crazy land.

What is considered full vaccination? Are we at booster level, three shots, two shoots, one shot of J&J?

GRF,,,,,, can we shut it down now???????
Your face needs to be shut down and your brother needs to shut his and get cracking on the first bubble thread!!!!!:DeadHorse: :BeatDeadHorse:

I am officially in this thread before it locked. It is OFFICIAL

Suck it up, wear your mask, and enjoy the game.

Mask prevents spread. Masks keep people out of hospitals. It is a fact there are unvaccinated people. I think they will be in hospitals

sincerely, hope you and Bac have a Merry Christmas!

Reactions: RocktheRac
I’m ok, I have the booster already, but it wasn’t specified in the article. Just wanted clarification for the board.

Everyone is trying to do their best. Don’t kill Rutgers for this decision and certainly don’t yell at the person answering any phones.

We all know how complex this is. You can agree or disagree with things and how it is handled. Rutgers athletics can’t make statements. Optics are very important too.

Easy to think of yourself as a fan in section 208, but put yourself in the position of a hospital worker in a hospital.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT