ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Rutgers Athletics announces new vaccination policy for indoor events

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant blame them tbh. It worked extremely well in NYC so no reason we shouldnt do it here too

My only beef is the no food sales inside or food brought in, policy
Since I have to leave my house around 3:45pm to get to the RAC by 5pm, then the 2 hour game, when am I supposed to eat something ?

Initially I read that as the policy only about drinks -- meaning there would be soda/water and no beer. Not that food would be completely gone as well but re-reading after seeing your post is making me question that. They can't possibly implementing no food at all can they? 😳

Initially I read that as the policy only about drinks -- meaning there would be soda/water and no beer. Not that food would be completely gone as well but re-reading after seeing your post is making me question that. They can't possibly implementing no food at all can they? 😳
DON'T QUESTION THE SCIENCE OR YOU WILL BE PUT ON POST REVIEW

TIA

It’s really not that complicated. The Syracuse vs. Rutgers football game in Syracuse required vaccination proof. Just bring a picture of your vaccination card.

The only critique of the email is that they should’ve specified what works as vaccination proof. I wouldn’t want to bring my physical vaccination card to events for fear of ruining it or losing it.

Yes, upon re-reading it, not sure if food is not sold or not. Not quite clear

It’s really not that complicated. The Syracuse vs. Rutgers football game in Syracuse required vaccination proof. Just bring a picture of your vaccination card.

The only critique of the email is that they should’ve specified what works as vaccination proof. I wouldn’t want to bring my physical vaccination card to events for fear of ruining it or losing it.

I've used "docket" app for Prudential Center (Devils, Disney On Ice).
Very easy to download and use.

I actually downloaded it when around the corner from Prudential the first time because I forgot I needed my card.

Reactions: RedChucken123
These policies make no sense. Testing should be required for all if the intention is to prevent transmission. Did Rutgers look at the state dashboard today or all the vaccinated faculty and students racking up positive tests? The vaccines aren't preventing transmission of Omicron. They did with Alpha quite successfully and marginally limited the spread of Delta.

Reactions: itsRtime
I've used "docket" app for Prudential Center (Devils, Disney On Ice).
Very easy to download and use.

I actually downloaded it when around the corner from Prudential the first time because I forgot I needed my card.
I have the Excelsior app, since I live in NY state. My friend who just moved to the area from Washington state didn’t have any apps even though he was fully vaccinated. Thankfully, he had a picture of his vaccination card on his phone because none of us knew the requirement existed when we got there to the stadium.

Reactions: NickRU714
These policies make no sense. Testing should be required for all if the intention is to prevent transmission. Did Rutgers look at the state dashboard today or all the vaccinated faculty and students racking up positive tests? The vaccines aren't preventing transmission of Omicron. They did with Alpha quite successfully and marginally limited the spread of Delta.

best post in the thread

Everyone is trying to do their best. Don’t kill Rutgers for this decision and certainly don’t yell at the person answering any phones.

We all know how complex this is. You can agree or disagree with things and how it is handled. Rutgers athletics can’t make statements. Optics are very important too.

Easy to think of yourself as a fan in section 208, but put yourself in the position of a hospital worker in a hospital.

Stop being so reasonable and compassionate!!
It's not fooling anyone. You're still a crazy anti-NBA guy!

Haha jk 😉

Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
At MSG (Knick game) you could show them a picture of just about anything on your phone and they move you along

My unvaccinated kid is home playing video games because a vaccinated kid in school sat too close to him came down with covid. But the vaccinated kids that were also sitting close are back in school!!
Fu ck everybody

My unvaccinated kid is home playing video games because a vaccinated kid in school sat too close to him came down with covid. But the vaccinated kids that were also sitting close are back in school!!
Fu ck everybody
These decisions are being made largely on old data primarily from the time when Alpha was circulating where vaccines genuinely did prevent a large deal of transmission. I think coming weeks will force organizations to rethink policy.

For example, my firm has in the last three weeks suspended the vaccine mandate and is now requiring testing for all regardless of vaccination status for onsite personnel. I expect similar decisions across most sectors if Omicron continues to produce relatively mild disease in unvaccinated and vaccinated.

best post in the thread
Masks prevent the spread….N95 masks.

So policy has some sense.

NOT SCIENTIFIC…..for every 5 people who are upset at having to wear a mask there is 1 or more people that are happy people have to wear a mask.

My wife can’t be tested positive for COVID for the next week or so. She is now going because of these changes.

NOT SCIENTIFIC…..for every 5 people who are upset at having to wear a mask there is 1 or more people that are happy people have to wear a mask.

My wife can’t be tested positive for COVID for the next week or so. She is now going because of these changes.
I’m all for wearing an n95 mask. I stopped wearing the cloth ones about a year ago. If you get a good n95 it will be way more comfortable and fit better anyway.

called the ticket office this afternoon, and there is no food allowed, or being sold at the RAC... they could have worded the announcement a bit better, but there it is..

just perfect for a 5:00 pm start of a game...😊

My only question is on children. Im good with the vax policy...Do not like that the pulled back on Food/Drinks as that doesnt make sense

Just dont cancel anymore games and let us watch

she can easily catch covid at the RAC given the rate that vaxxed are spreading

also those checking are going to be touching your vax nd photo id cards after they touched everyone elses phones and vax card...makes sense especially since they are going cashless for some reason..lmfao

My only beef is the no food sales inside or food brought in, policy
Since I have to leave my house around 3:45pm to get to the RAC by 5pm, then the 2 hour game, when am I supposed to eat something ?

I'm pretty sure no one has ever died of starvation for not eating for a couple of hours. I can understand if you're diabetic, but I'm sure you can bring in some granola bars or other snacks that fit in a pocket to have in case.

Reactions: rubjk and wheezer
I'm pretty sure no one has ever died of starvation for not eating for a couple of hours. I can understand if you're diabetic, but I'm sure you can bring in some granola bars or other snacks that fit in a pocket to have in case.
It’s a Saturday game anyway. Can just have a late lunch or eat dinner at 7:30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT