ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Basketball Tickets & Corona

HeavenUniv.

Hall of Famer
Sep 21, 2004
In an email sent by Rutgers today, it mentions Rutgers will work with fans affected by the coronavirus economic downturn trying to get Rutgers Basketball season tickets. Payment plans will be available. Good to see they know so many of us are now out of work. Phone number is 866-445-4678.

Last edited:
How about you make it clear that Rutgers did not reference "The Chinese coronavirus economic downturn" but referred to it as "the COVID19 Pandemic".

The last thing we need is for people to start thinking Rutgers has started referring to it as the Chinese coronavirus, which is what your wording implies.

That's what you got out of Heaven's post? SMH

The crux was that RU will offer payment plans for fans.

Thanks, the reason I pointed it out is that I could see the thread getting ugly and deleted, not because I agree/disagree with the title of this nightmare. I think it is awesome that RU mentioned they are willing to work with people.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
Everything is cool guys. Let’s just hope we can sell a zillion tickets and full buildings are ok by Winter and that there is no or a weakened corona 2.

I can’t wait for basketball season, although I am concerned about less home games. I hope we can get one or more out of Baylor at MSG,Michigan State at MSG,and at Seton Hall.

I bought 2 tickets + parking this morning. First time MBB season ticket holder. They told me my initial $50 deposit was good enough for payment. They will start billing in August.
I also renewed my Wrestling tickets. Same deal. had to put $85 down and the rest will be billed in August.
Already paid for the Football tickets.

here's hoping and praying we all get to attend sports in the fall and winter!

Last edited:
I bought 2 tickets + parking this morning. First time MBB season ticket holder. They told me my initial $50 deposit was good enough for payment. They will start billing in August.
I also renewed my Wrestling tickets. Same deal. had to put $85 down and the rest will be billed in August.
Already paid for the Football tickets.

here's hoping and praying we all get to attend sports in the fall and winter!
For those of you looking for Rutgers blankets and red generators for your Winter tailgates...

There is a guy who sits near me at the basketball games who I think will be 91 next season. Still drives to the games, including night games. I know he has been a retired Rutgers prof for quite some time.

I've always thought it sucked that there was no BB tailgating scene.
You see some for day games in November and very late Feb and the first week of March. Not usually full blown tent set ups, but people hanging out with sandwiches, snacks, soda or other beverage

IMO they should not be selling tickets at this time and taking $$$. No one has any idea when or if there will be a season

IMO they should not be selling tickets at this time and taking $$$. No one has any idea when or if there will be a season

they took $50 from me for the MBB tickets...and that was the deposit I put down 3 months ago. They are not asking for any money until August.

My down payment for Wrestling was $85 and the rest is not due until August as well.

My rep was very clear about RU not wanting to force anyone to put more money down in light of everything going on.

I paid my football tickets long before this Covid crap started.

If you know people who want season tickets, but are keeping an eye on the budget, remember there is no need to pay for parking if you don’t mind walking a bit.

I've always thought it sucked that there was no BB tailgating scene.
There were actually a couple cars tailgating the last couple of home games. But yeah, by no means not enough to call it a scene.

BAC while I absolutely understand the sentiment on this I respectfully disagree. Those that are putting down a payment whether in full, in the 4 installments or another manner agreed upon by Rutgers these are people who can afford to do it and is not impacting their financial situation. From a finance perspective them getting any money in advance allows for a cash flow and could be floated to at the minimum earn some interest or be reinvested at a time when rates are low. I really dont see a downside here. Now if we get stories of long time ticket holders being shut out or RU acting with disregard for their fanbase than I can see the other side.

I will now be a football, wrestling and (now) basketball season ticket holder. God help me when my wife finds out how many games that is. :Pray: :Praying:

yes my rep called me today but I don't want to put the money out as I can't see us all packed in the RAC when they are talking about not even having fans or very few at NFL games and those are either outside or in huge indoor stadiums

BAC while I absolutely understand the sentiment on this I respectfully disagree. Those that are putting down a payment whether in full, in the 4 installments or another manner agreed upon by Rutgers these are people who can afford to do it and is not impacting their financial situation. From a finance perspective them getting any money in advance allows for a cash flow and could be floated to at the minimum earn some interest or be reinvested at a time when rates are low. I really dont see a downside here. Now if we get stories of long time ticket holders being shut out or RU acting with disregard for their fanbase than I can see the other side.
Yes but what about those of us who have been season ticket holders for years and have been out of work for 3 months so I wouldn't make a blanket statement as someone who has had tickets for over 30 years its going to be a tough rest of the year even when I and many others go back to work

Yes but what about those of us who have been season ticket holders for years and have been out of work for 3 months so I wouldn't make a blanket statement as someone who has had tickets for over 30 years its going to be a tough rest of the year even when I and many others go back to work

Not looking to argue but as I said in my post specifically that hopefully RU works with those who have been long time season ticket holders to establish a way for them not to lose out and create a negative impact on them and their loyalty. I hope that you and others who have lost work can get back sooner than later and be able to enjoy the RAC like we all have.

I will now be a football, wrestling and (now) basketball season ticket holder. God help me when my wife finds out how many games that is. :Pray: :Praying:

I split the MBB Tix with a friend. No way I can get to all of those games.

yes my rep called me today but I don't want to put the money out as I can't see us all packed in the RAC when they are talking about not even having fans or very few at NFL games and those are either outside or in huge indoor stadiums

They only asked for $50 today. Nothing else due until August when they will have a much better handle on what's happening

I’ll buy your seats and give em back When your ready, promise.

The people more adversely impacted by this are not going to be buying season college basketball tickets to begin with. If your a dentist and you can’t afford a 3 month layoff, you have spending problems. Just saying.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
I still can’t figure out how some of the schools in college towns/smallish cities have enough people to support FIVE Winter sports-two hockey teams, two basketball teams, and wrestling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT