ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Day at Monmouth Park

Just got home from it. You got free admission with wearing anything Rutgers ($5). There was 1 cheerleader there and 1 dance girl and the Scarlet Knight. Looked like about 10 members of the band playing out front. Otherwise very few Red at the park, was surprised I thought there would be a decent turn out and thought I would possibly run into coach Ash there. They were giving out free Block R magnets and it looked like no one was interested in them. Does Coach Ash do anything to try and connect with NJ? Maybe he was there and I didn't see him but I doubt that. Next year make it RU Wrestling Day at the park and you'll have double the Rutgers gear and Goodale would be there talking to crowd. He wasn't there today because RU is holding The World team finals at the RAC. No shocker Ash struggles so much in recruiting. JMO

RU Football had a Camp today. Big Wrestling Final X at the RAC, as well as The Belmont Stakes going off today. A whole lot going on today.

Just got home from it. You got free admission with wearing anything Rutgers ($5). There was 1 cheerleader there and 1 dance girl and the Scarlet Knight. Looked like about 10 members of the band playing out front. Otherwise very few Red at the park, was surprised I thought there would be a decent turn out and thought I would possibly run into coach Ash there. They were giving out free Block R magnets and it looked like no one was interested in them. Does Coach Ash do anything to try and connect with NJ? Maybe he was there and I didn't see him but I doubt that. Next year make it RU Wrestling Day at the park and you'll have double the Rutgers gear and Goodale would be there talking to crowd. He wasn't there today because RU is holding The World team finals at the RAC. No shocker Ash struggles so much in recruiting. JMO

This was not advertised at all

Reactions: JoeRU0304
I was there, saw plenty of RU shirts and hats. Agree that it was not well publicized, I only knew about it because I was there a few weeks ago and it was mentioned then.

These summer “R B1G Tour” events were actually believe it or not bigger events under Julie and Flood. Ash seems to have no embraced them at all (like all other Rutgers ‘traditions’ new or old) and it’s kind of a flop now. Too bad. The best was easily the kickoff party in NYC with Jim Delaney in attendance and giving a speech. How far into the Ashes we’ve fallen in such a short time.

These summer “R B1G Tour” events were actually believe it or not bigger events under Julie and Flood. Ash seems to have no embraced them at all (like all other Rutgers ‘traditions’ new or old) and it’s kind of a flop now. Too bad. The best was easily the kickoff party in NYC with Jim Delaney in attendance and giving a speech. How far into the Ashes we’ve fallen in such a short time.
IMO this is more of an Athletics or University overall thing than Football.

If you want to place blame, I would direct it more towards an office in the RAC or Old Queens than one in the Hale Center.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1873 and MrsScrew
Tomorrow is the 49th Irish Festival at Monmouth Park. I'm guessing there will be more Notre Dame shirts than there were Rutgers shirts than there today.

If there are any, they will be north of age 65. Rarely see kids or even middle aged men wearing Northern Indiana College stuff anymore. Now Ohio State,Clemson or Alabama, that is very common these days.

Last edited:
If there are any, they will be north of age 65. Rarely see kids or even middle aged men wearing Northern Indiana College stuff anymore. Now Ohio State,Clemson or Alabama, that is very common these days.
I've been to many Irish Festivals at Monmouth Park. There will be a ton of young people and little kids wearing Notre Dame crap. I live outside Philly and there are a ton a Notre Dame fans around of all ages

IMO this is more of an Athletics or University overall thing than just Football.

If you want to place blame, I would direct it more towards an office in the RAC or Old Queens than one in the Hale Center.

Totally this.
it was "Rutgers Day" not Rutgers Football Day. As posted above, Ash was hosting football camp all weekend.
It's simply Rutgers & it's culture to do things half assed that's the problem.

Totally this.
it was "Rutgers Day" not Rutgers Football Day. As posted above, Ash was hosting football camp all weekend.
It's simply Rutgers & it's culture to do things half assed that's the problem.
An apparently ours on here to place blame...;)

It’s the new version of the “Thanks, Obama!” meme where it seems like EVERYTHING is a certain person’s (Ash, Hobbs, Barchi, etc.) fault. LOL

I’m guessing it was a Monmouth Racetrack promotion w no notice given to Rutgers.

So Rutgers now promotes gambling!!??
Lol.
NJ.Com:

NJ taxpayer supported Rutgers can’t win on the field/court so they will instead try their luck with OUR money on the ponies instead. Outrageous!”

Reactions: MrsScrew
From my Twitter feed...

What's your point? It is still a Monmouth-Park-run promotion to get people to show up to their venue.

There is a Rutgers-Alumni-Event at the track later this month: https://www.cvent.com/c/express/ed7521fa-fcfe-43bb-b06f-8022ce1256bb

And there is a joint Rutgers-Yankees event at Yankee Stadium on July 20: https://offer.fevo.com/rutgers-university--88a234e?fevoUri=rutgers-university--88a234e/

And Coach Pike will throw out the first pitch at the Mets game July 7: http://www.cvent.com/m-events/Info/Summary?e=7a9611e5-b44e-4fa8-8f85-bdfce8c12b10

What's your point? It is still a Monmouth-Park-run promotion to get people to show up to their venue.

There is a Rutgers-Alumni-Event at the track later this month: https://www.cvent.com/c/express/ed7521fa-fcfe-43bb-b06f-8022ce1256bb

And there is a joint Rutgers-Yankees event at Yankee Stadium on July 20: https://offer.fevo.com/rutgers-university--88a234e?fevoUri=rutgers-university--88a234e/
My point as I stated earlier is that this is not Ash’s fault.

The event was mentioned on social media too as shown on Twitter and the other things you listed are out there as well. None of these things are secrets.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT