ADVERTISEMENT

Football Rutgers Football Fall Camp Position Breakdowns: Offensive Line

Is this going to continue to be a major weakness this year Richie?

When was Allen's knee procedure done?
It’s a major setback for our OL if both Sutton and Allen would not be able to play this season.
My gut tells me these guys would make a major difference in our Offense performance.

It’s a major setback for our OL if both Sutton and Allen would not be able to play this season.
My gut tells me these guys would make a major difference in our Offense performance.
Your gut is right about Sutton but wrong about Allen because Allen is not ready. He will spend this year getting ready for next year.

From a very good source, Allen was hurt in his last game in his High School senior year. It seems that this was a major injury and it will be almost 2 years of rehab. No one knows how effective or mobile he will be.

LEt's hope he gets close to what he was!!
He’ll spend this year in the weight room.

Sutton was always unlikely.

Sutton if back at 90 + % would certainly give the Right side of the line a big upgrade. Hopefully by The Michigan game.

Reactions: rutgersal
I'm feeling optimistic about the O-Line this year. An experienced NFL coach is a big plus. Also, a number of returning starters + some of the players Schiano has recruited should give the line more depth that we've had in some time.

Most were aware that Allen would be out this season which is ok and as long as he is back next season. Sutton who worked through this spring practice and won the award is the guy who deserves an opportunity just to even play a few reps. The guy was a stud for Rutgers until the injury. In our history we have had several very good players lose their careers to injury . Maybe Reggie does something we haven’t seen here since Ryan Neil.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT