ADVERTISEMENT

Football Rutgers Football lands Ohio transfer OL Shedrick Rhodes Jr.

oh boy dunk GIF

if he had more eligibility, he's be more sought after but yes a great get!

Reactions: angmo
I think Reggie will play either Rt. tackle or back at Rt. Guard … they will let the old man make his own choice.

Reactions: rutgersal
These people don’t realize Reggie Sutton actually played last year after 2 + years on injured list. Go Reggie!!!!!!!

Why look at everything with such a negative slant. I feel sad for you.
not at all, very glad to have him but we've only got a year of him and for a OL in a new system, it's an inhibitor

I'm sure you know that being so well versed and all

not at all, very glad to have him but we've only got a year of him and for a OL in a new system, it's an inhibitor

I'm sure you know that being so well versed and all
I actually agree- it wasn't really negative- it was pointing out, if he had more than 1 year- everyone would have been coming at the kid. But, only having that one year- could make it a little more difficult for him.

I am not understanding the comments on Sutton...Kid came back from 2 years and played RT but you are afraid he isn't mobile enough to play OG? I get that we see OG's pull but if you haven't noticed, OT's pull as well. If you have mobility for OT then you can play OG if you have the base to stop a bull rush. Every OL position needs mobility

Isn't Asamoah set up to play right guard, especially after getting such big praise after the Spring game ?

Retire unless he HAS the mobility to play guard.
FTR, If Sutton can play at a Big 10 level, then he should play and compete…

If his health is going to be an ongoing issue that the coaches MUST find a position for him to play in that wouldn’t expose him as a turnstile at Right Tackle like in the Penn State game or a speed bump at Right Guard, then it’s time to move on.

Yes he has done all he’s can for this program and should be appreciated for it. But if there’s no one “better” than him to take over the starting job, I’d go with a younger player than an injured player who can’t move against All American DEs and DTs.

way of Transfer portal... overachieving players(Lineman) go from small to BIG schools, and underachieving players at Big schools go to those small schools to get more playing time. Big game of chess. Less and less development of players at same school through graduation. smh... oh well. Go RU and good luck to Shedrick !!!

Guards pull, trap, set screens, and get down field.
That’s the opposite of what Sutton can do now

Oh just stop with those pesky little details. Sutton should be able to play guard, wide receiver and be the ballet instructor for the team.

way of Transfer portal... overachieving players(Lineman) go from small to BIG schools, and underachieving players at Big schools go to those small schools to get more playing time. Big game of chess. Less and less development of players at same school through graduation. smh... oh well. Go RU and good luck to Shedrick !!!

This one is more about the removal of the sit out rule than anything else.

If his health is going to be an ongoing issue that the coaches MUST find a position for him to play in that wouldn’t expose him as a turnstile at Right Tackle like in the Penn State game or a speed bump at Right Guard, then it’s time to move on.

Yes he has done all he’s can for this program and should be appreciated for it. But if there’s no one “better” than him to take over the starting job, I’d go with a younger player than an injured player who can’t move against All American DEs and DTs.
Didn’t Sutton play in 2023 or was that just a a poster board with his likeness?

Reactions: Bilderberg_News
Didn’t Sutton play in 2023 or was that just a a poster board with his likeness?
What part of “that wouldn’t expose him as a turnstile at Right Tackle like in the Penn State game” is not clear? Do I have to post videos of him struggling most of the year?

I said if he’s going to continue to play as a turnstile, speed bump, or “poster board” as you said, someone else should take over that spot.

What part of “that wouldn’t expose him as a turnstile at Right Tackle like in the Penn State game” is not clear? Do I have to post videos of him struggling most of the year?

I said if he’s going to continue to play as a turnstile, speed bump, or “poster board” as you said, someone else should take over that spot.
It’s possible the staff are just thinking he’ll be more effective with less snaps. Now we have more depth with another regular rotational in the mix.

Reactions: Bagarocks

Yeah seeing you have them please post those videos👏as the year went along he more than not held his own. We don’t need him to play 40+ snaps per game. What we do need is his leadership.His stabilizing effect.

I suspect the plan is for Sutton to be an experienced leader and mentor and "break glass in case of emergency" field player, at any position that requires him.

Reactions: TRU2RU
WOW, only here can a post that should be happy with the addition of another quality player turn into a shitfest on one of the most loyal and hard working players in the program! Ninety-five % of you on here don't know your ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to judging talent! I guess your stupid comments on Wimstatt are wearing thin so let's see if we can shit on someone else. No wonder most of you are on here all day nobody probably wants to be around you.

Guards pull, trap, set screens, and get down field.
That’s the opposite of what Sutton can do now
One of the concerns I had with Sutton last year is that we really didn't have depth behind him and I don't think his body was ready for 70 snaps a game. Saw him limping around too many times.
I give the kid credit for what he did to get back to that point but it worried e he played so many snaps. Maybe he is one year more healed and is better than last year.

My point about the mobility of OG- Was that an OT has to be just as mobile but also do other things as well. I don't think Sutton was ready yet with mobilty to play either position but we had to use him and he gave it his best. Most of the time, a OT can move inside to play OG more often that a OG can move outside to play OT.

That’s what makes this such a great board . Those posters always thinking they have the right answers. Some actually do… most don’t .

Still waiting to review those videos .

As far as I’m concerned, Sutton saved the season. We would’ve been headed down a similar path when Tyler went down as years past when our line got depleted. Reggie stepped in and kept us afloat. Of course he isn’t 100% in comparison to what he was before his injury but he was the best we had, by far. And even with this addition he will play a ton. For the first time ever, I feel like we could possibly field an above average line. It may not be - could be squarely average, but just the possibility of it being “good” and the high likelihood of it not being awful is fantastic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT