ADVERTISEMENT

Football Rutgers Football opens as 3.5-point favorites versus Washington

Hm... that begs the question: what's more meaningless, what the HC says in a press conference, or what fans say on an internet forum? 🙂
Not all fans here. There are more than a few posters on this site that are very knowledgeable about some issues...be they real estate, weather, tax laws...or even football. And they have little reason to deal in over-generalizations and praise for others and no real motivation when discussing these issues to avoid saying anything meaningful or something that might be used by their "opponents" in the future.
That being said, and given that I've always been a big supporter of Schiano, there's no way I find any of his press briefings worth listening to.

Hm... that begs the question: what's more meaningless, what the HC says in a press conference, or what fans say on an internet forum? 🙂

I know it’s a joke, but I’ll answer for real.

For baseline purposes - I’d say an unbiased football fan familiar with both teams in an upcoming game probably has more meaning than what Greg says in a pre-game presser. If you listened to the ones before the Howard and Akron games and took them at face value you’d think we’d have been in store for nail biters. Coach talk at it’s best.

In terms of the fans and team media outlets, I think there’s usually some good intel in the concerns expressed about each of their respective teams. Predictions from fans that their team will win are as meaningless as Greg’s presser though obviously.

Reactions: Kbee3
I guess that sack was "goofy" since Drones lost the ball. But what Bailey did is the opposite of "goofy."

I guess that sack was "goofy" since Drones lost the ball. But what Bailey did is the opposite of "goofy."
It’s goofy because Drones teammate got in the way - contributing to his inability to scramble to avoid the sack.

His OL stepped on his ankle. He is lucky his ankle was not broken.
Yeah - I don’t mean to come across critical of our pass rush but I couldn’t help but wonder if we would’ve gotten to Drones if not for that. This is one area we need to improve. We’re close but not sealing the deal well.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Yeah all but 2 or 3. However, Rogers has video game like stats. It will be a tough game.
1 to be exact Tuputala the LB. 29 from the two deep are gone.

I would not call, Weber St., Eastern Michigan, Northwestern nor Washington St.(their best opponent) murders row. Now take into account WSU gave up 52 to San Jose St. and 30 to Portland St. IMO yes Rodgers is the best QB in the B1G, but the game is not just one player.

Last edited:
Some interesting individual bets in tomorrow’s game.

If you want get paid on Kyle getting 40+ yards rushing, you need to bet $20,000 to win $100. Even betting he gets 102+ yds is betting $125 to win $100.

You can win $500 on a $100 bet if Athan has 225+ passing yds. $100 gets you $275 for two passing TDs.

1 to be exact Tuputala the LB. 29 from the two deep are gone.

I would not call, Weber St., Eastern Michigan, Northwestern nor Washington St.(their best opponent) murders row. Now take into account WSU gave up 52 to San Jose St. and 30 to Portland St. IMO yes Rodgers is the best QB in the B1G, but the game is not just one player.
This
Washington opponents are 11-5 so far. Not pushovers in their conferences.( except maybe NW)
It all comes down to hurrying the best QB in the B1G. Need Bailey ( hopefully near 100% ) and Lewis to collectively have their best games as RU DE’s.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT