ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Football pegged as big favorites in Detroit Bowl in recent projection

I don't think the fanbase would be too excited about that but I wouldn't argue with keeping a bowl streak alive. I noticed that people are still bullish on V-Tech. He has them in the 12-team playoff. Really just a huge game for us to set the tone for the season.

"Rutgers was placed in the Detroit Bowl at Ford Field in Detroit on Dec. 26. The Scarlet Knights would enter as 21-point favorites over Central Michigan."

Wonder what all the Yankee bowl haters would say about this awesome location, date and opponent...

Reactions: 6WinCeiling
Had a great trip in ‘14 when we whipped UNC !
However this year we aspire to be in a much better Bowl .. NYD

Reactions: LeapinLou
"Rutgers was placed in the Detroit Bowl at Ford Field in Detroit on Dec. 26. The Scarlet Knights would enter as 21-point favorites over Central Michigan."

Wonder what all the Yankee bowl haters would say about this awesome location, date and opponent...
Is the Detroit bowl in a baseball stadium? If not, if it's in a football stadium, then it's vastly better than the Pinstripe Bowl. Infinitely better.

Reactions: RU#1fan
Clown has RU in Detroit & VTech in playoff?!
It will be Mayo, Music City or Citrus,
Maybe even Reliaquest
Beat VT and RU in playoffs
while
VT plays in MoTown
Happy Sesame Street GIF by Muppet Wiki

I'm so old I remember when we should have gotten teh innuagural Cherry Bowl in Detroit in 1984. Rutgers was 7-3, giving up a game so someone else could play a particular game. And Army was 7-3-1 and lost to us, Rutgers. yet Army got that bowl game over us and beat Michigan State to go 8-3-1. Army also lost to Syracuse and BC and we beat Syracuse and lost to BC like Army did. That should have been our bowl game. Sooo.. F' Detroit.

Is the Detroit bowl in a baseball stadium? If not, if it's in a football stadium, then it's vastly better than the Pinstripe Bowl. Infinitely better.
This . Been to all our Bowl games since ‘05.
Motor City Bowl in the Ford Field ….a Football Stadium…..is vastly better than the Pinstripe Bowl.

Reactions: mildone

Detroit Bowl is indoors in a football stadium. I went last time. Exponentially better than outdoors, in a baseball stadium, in the Bronx, in December.

However, my goals, and I hope that of the team, are higher than the Detroit Motor City Bowl.

Had a great trip in ‘14 when we whipped UNC !
However this year we aspire to be in a much better Bowl .. NYD
On a plane back in '06 I tired to convince an NC supporter that we were going to whip them.Couldn't do it. But at the game Veni Vidi Vinci .2024 is going to be Great one for RU

Clown has RU in Detroit & VTech in playoff?!
It will be Mayo, Music City or Citrus,
Maybe even Reliaquest
Figure B1G is getting 3, possibly 4 teams in the CFP (OSU, Oregon, one/both of Michigan/PSU IMO). The Pac-12 refugees will stick with their bowls for this year (USC, Washington IMO make bowls, I think UCLA does not qualify for a bowl game). So let's say USC gets the Vegas and Washington gets the Holiday.

The 2nd tier of B1G bowls are Citrus, Music City, Mayo, and Reliaquest. IMO, Wisconsin, Iowa, Rutgers, and Nebraska are in that tier and will take those 4 bowl spots. Minnesota/Maryland will go to the Bronx/Phoenix. One of Indiana/NW/Sparty will go to Detroit and if there are any leftover bowl teams, they'll end up at random bowls that are unfilled. I can see 13 or 14 CFP/Bowl teams out of the B1G this year.

Figure B1G is getting 3, possibly 4 teams in the CFP (OSU, Oregon, one/both of Michigan/PSU IMO). The Pac-12 refugees will stick with their bowls for this year (USC, Washington IMO make bowls, I think UCLA does not qualify for a bowl game). So let's say USC gets the Vegas and Washington gets the Holiday.

The 2nd tier of B1G bowls are Citrus, Music City, Mayo, and Reliaquest. IMO, Wisconsin, Iowa, Rutgers, and Nebraska are in that tier and will take those 4 bowl spots. Minnesota/Maryland will go to the Bronx/Phoenix. One of Indiana/NW/Sparty will go to Detroit and if there are any leftover bowl teams, they'll end up at random bowls that are unfilled. I can see 13 or 14 CFP/Bowl teams out of the B1G this year.
Don’t we first have to win 6 games?

Reactions: 6WinCeiling
So the building is more significant than the date and the opponent ? This would be a MAC team (instead of the Miamis and Notre Dames we played in Yankee stadium), the DAY AFTER Christmas - Bah Humbug Scrooge ! Its sure going to be great boarding that plane Christmas night to fly into beautiful and balmy Detroit -

So the building is more significant than the date and the opponent ? This would be a MAC team (instead of the Miamis and Notre Dames we played in Yankee stadium), the DAY AFTER Christmas - Bah Humbug Scrooge ! Its sure going to be great boarding that plane Christmas night to fly into beautiful and balmy Detroit -
Watching or playing a football game in a baseball stadium sucks. I did it once and will never do it again. I wouldn't care if we were playing for a national championship, I'll never watch anybody playing in any football game in any baseball stadium. 'Cause it sucks.

I'd rather have my unmentionables caught in a meat-grinder than watch another football game in a cold baseball stadium in the winter in the Bronx. There is nothing, nothing at all, I wouldn't rather suffer through than another football game in Yankee Stadium.

Reactions: RU#1fan
Detroit Bowl is indoors in a football stadium. I went last time. Exponentially better than outdoors, in a baseball stadium, in the Bronx, in December.

However, my goals, and I hope that of the team, are higher than the Detroit Motor City Bowl.
Anyones goal should be to never have to set foot in detRIOT…for any reason. This is especially true in winter.

Reactions: RU at the shore
(Btw Vegas is not in play this year
Spot goes to Big 12..)
All the ‘ lucky to get 6 win ‘ pessimists already?!

#1 I read nothing in this thread.
#2 Who gives a rat's ass what the projections are? The season needs to play out. The "all too early projections" are a joke and a complete waste of time. Get the season going and game on.

On a plane back in '06 I tired to convince an NC supporter that we were going to whip them.Couldn't do it. But at the game Veni Vidi Vinci .2024 is going to be Great one for RU

There’s a great clip of the Tar Heel mascot
holding his head right after RU scored another TD. I’ll see if I can find that and post it here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT