ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Rutgers Hoops vs. Michigan (CANCELLED) BigTen Tournament Cancelled

I don't understand how is there a game today?
The virus is a serious thing and people should be aware of that. What we don't need is the doomsday approach the media is doing to the public. The flu has killed more people, yet the media doesn't drill into the consciousness of the public the same fear. Just give the facts so the public can make better informed decisions. The virus is a form of SARS.

The virus is a serious thing and people should be aware of that. What we don't need is the doomsday approach the media is doing to the public. The flu has killed more people, yet the media doesn't drill into the consciousness of the public the same fear. Just give the facts so the public can make better informed decisions. The virus is a form of SARS.
This is incorrect information. This is deadlier then the flu. Smarten up. And quite spreading fake and misinformation.
Trump would shit travel off to Europe of this was just the flu. And he hates the media.

This is a game thread. Let's move the opinion on the virus to all the other threads.

The team must be depressed. Some if not most of them read this board.

Let's be positive. I for one will take the win over Michigan no matter what the circumstances.

This is almost surreal, I can only imagine how the players feel.

Let's Go Geo, Yeboah, Myles, Shaq, Tez, JY, Caleb, RHJ .... your time is now! Light it up!

This is incorrect information. This is deadlier then the flu. Smarten up. And quite spreading fake and misinformation.
Trump would shit travel off to Europe of this was just the flu. And he hates the media.
You missed my point. I'm not downplaying the threat. My problem is how the media picks what is important to promote. The flu is no joke either, yet it is minimized. They treat the public as if they are stupid and can't make decisions when given correct information. Btw, how am I spreading fake news and misinformation? Trying getting off your high horse for once.

Last edited:
You missed my point. I'm not downplaying the threat. My problem is how the media picks what is important to promote. The flu is no joke either, yet it is minimized. They treat the public as if they are stupid and can't make decisions when given correct information. Btw, how am I spread fake and misinformation? Trying getting off your high horse for once.

the public is stupid. I don't recall what movie it is from but the point that a person is smart, but people are stupid.

EVERY SINGLE HEALTH PROFESSIONAL SAYS THAT SOCIAL DISTANCING IS CRUCIAL TO SLOWING THE SPREAD BUT BY ALL MEANS LISTEN TO THIS GUY ON A COLLEGE SPORTS BOARD

the public is stupid. I don't recall what movie it is from but the point that a person is smart, but people are stupid.
My father would always say something similar, "As individuals, we are smart but collectively as a group, we are stupid as hell." My problem with the media and my wife is part of this group, are they seldom give complete facts. They are more concerned with viewership, clickbait, etc. Meanwhile, the public is half-informed which can make the situation worse.

Reactions: 216 Row E
EVERY SINGLE HEALTH PROFESSIONAL SAYS THAT SOCIAL DISTANCING IS CRUCIAL TO SLOWING THE SPREAD BUT BY ALL MEANS LISTEN TO THIS GUY ON A COLLEGE SPORTS BOARD
RIF and stop yelling. I never said go to the game. I wish there was better information available than the misdirection put out there by some of the media.

Reactions: 216 Row E
I heard that out of an abundance of caution AMC Movie Theaters are no longer showing any Tom Hanks movies.

(sorry all. I wasn't but Nuts Teed me up. And just trying to add a tiny..yes I know..tiny bit of humor). GO RUTGERS!

HYSTERICAL!!

Reactions: cubuffsdoug
At least the schools who play later will have an idea of what to expect by watching..RU and Michigan and all those other noon game tip teams are in unknown territory

Have to say I'm VERY surprised that this game is happening - my opinion is that it's a bad look and should just be cancelled. But since it is going to happen, it will be a nice distraction to the craziness going on in the world today. So with that being said GO RU!!!!!

I'm at work but I'll have a break at about 12:25. Is there a free way to watch the game online? I've never had to do that before.

Our players feel the same as the Michigan players. Now let's kick their asses.
Understood, my earlier post wasn't directed at either team but all players. While I fully get the fandom here, who's to say the UM players are up for the game either? It's just such an odd feeling about this.

Is this being televised or is it a completely cleared arena with teams and refs only?

Is this being televised or is it a completely cleared arena with teams and refs only?
How about no refs either? Or coaches. The players play a game and keep their own score. Then they report it via tweet after the game. Kinda like golf. Or better yet, get Joey Downes to record it on his phone.

Reactions: Saint Puppy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT