ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers-Iowa Game Thread

good win. Would have liked to keep them under 60, but beggars can't be choosers.

What was the Iowa Defender doing on Sanders dunk? Why did he run out of the lane to give a clear path to the basket?

Reactions: gigantor1024
Those two OOC loses still sting, but it's nice to see the growth in the program. Nice defensive effort most of the night. Like most sports, good defense, creates offense. Build a big enough lead, then free throws down the stretch don't carry as much pressure.

I've been a RU fan for decades, and I've got to say that it's been a long time since I've been this excited about an RU program! GO RU!

Two different halves with Baker and Thiam having double digit scoring in the first half by hitting 3 pointers.In the second half it was Sanders ,foul shots and dunks that kept the lead for Rutgers.There were some nervous moments in the second half with Iowa swishing the nets with 3 pointers and foul shots.Rutgers was also having some trouble handling the press which made the game closer than it should have been.Sanders dunk was a game highlight.

Great win and shows the OSU loss isn't they way this team really is, just that RUMBB needs some improving and this team is doing that.
Beating Iowa the way RU did tonight, without Williams, shows Pike has this team on the right track

When was the last time we had a game where we had a double digit lead the entire second half? (Major school variety)

Technically it's v. Minn in our last regular season game of 2015-2016 but they only had five scholarship players.

The last time before that you have to go back to the Houston game on 2/1/14.

yeah only 4,002....disappointing turnout, the students really didnt turn up like they did in some previous league games and even no dance music either.

You know what was GREAT though? In the presser Pikes immediately thanks the fans, the students, dance team, cheer team, band, "riot squad," et al, for making it a "great atmosphere" tonight...instead of ignoring them or dissing them...I really, really like that!

Reactions: gregkoko
You know what was GREAT though? In the presser Pikes immediately thanks the fans, the students, dance team, cheer team, band, "riot squad," et al, for making it a "great atmosphere" tonight...instead of ignoring them or dissing them...I really, really like that!

I will say I have no idea who is responsible but this year having dance and cheer teams full squads at every game is a huge difference...for years it wasnt like this. I dont know if it was a Hobbs mandate or this was Christine idea but this year in particular is so amped up and better atmosphere wise...we have come along way since Lets Make A Deal a few years back

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT