ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers is currently next to last team in according to Creme

rpi wins and schedule matter..unfortunately that loss to Northwestern was a killer...Creme has Nebraska out, pretty tough to leave them out and put RU in especially since they beat RU and finished so highly in league. I would say any lingering shot RU has comes with beating Purdue...if they lose to Purdue they are toast, if they beat OSU yes they are in, if they lose they are still alive but probably less than 50/50

I'm sorry, while I know it is no longer considered a factor for choosing teams....how you can put a team that went 2-8 last 10 games (3-9 last 12) into NCAA Tourney is beyond me. Unless we catch fire and go deep in B1G we don't belong (min 2 wins).

Last edited:
I'm sorry, while I know it is no longer considered a factor for choosing teams....how you can put a team that went 2-8 last 10 games (3-9 last 12) into NCAA Tourney is beyond me. Unless we catch fire and go deep in B1G we don't belong (min 2 wins).
It is a factor. I think it is a stretch to think it will be overlooked by the committee.

The only positive factor - according to other folks whose details I haven't checked - is that there isn't a lot of strength in a lot of the other teams either, in various ways.

At least we will get into the WNIT. That’s where we belong this year. Good turn around from last year, but much work to be done.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
I was pleasantly surprised to see Creme having us in the last four. Personally, I don't think it's possible based on our last ten games. I know if we go on a run in the B1G tournament that will only strengthen our position, but right now I see us in the WNIT.

If the big IF we are in the NCAA at least we won't be stuck playing UCONN in the second round as an 8 or 9 seed.

I was pleasantly surprised to see Creme having us in the last four. Personally, I don't think it's possible based on our last ten games. I know if we go on a run in the B1G tournament that will only strengthen our position, but right now I see us in the WNIT.

If the big IF we are in the NCAA at least we won't be stuck playing UCONN in the second round as an 8 or 9 seed.
Yeah - we'll play them in the first round as a 16.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84

remember how RU went 23-7 and missed the tournament as the third place team from the AAC the year they won the WNIT....NCAA selection committee makes head scratching decisions all the time, so expect them to possibly make up for that mistake from that year but giving a less deserving team a spot this year.

Reactions: RU MAN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT