ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Lax commits Bobby Russo & Jonathan Taub

Attackmen are the most skilled guys, especially a guy on the crease. Soft hands, creative finishes. Need to be more than a "brusier". There are a lot of places for on the field for different types, but the "bruiser" is tough to find a spot for. Especially the way we play. Fast. Need skills to see the field.

AC is exceptional around the crease. The proto type. He isn't a bruiser. He's a skilled finisher.[/QUOTE
Attackmen are the most skilled guys, especially a guy on the crease. Soft hands, creative finishes. Need to be more than a "brusier". There are a lot of places for on the field for different types, but the "bruiser" is tough to find a spot for. Especially the way we play. Fast. Need skills to see the field.

AC is exceptional around the crease. The proto type. He isn't a bruiser. He's a skilled finisher.

A "bruiser" can have soft hands. But that doesn't mean AC can't fill the role exceptionally.

Guess I don't know what you mean when you say bruiser. That would need to be defined.

AC is the prototype. Charmin soft hands, with a huge wing span that allows him to catch anything, and his finishing skills are at a world class level. Good thing with him is he can shoot from distance too. If you could make a great crease guy in a lab, it's him.

Then give me big, strong, fast, athletic middies that can run and can drop the hammer from distance...you have those type of middies and it's amazing how much space opens up for the attack...

I ran on a midfield line on a club team with one of those. His name was Bruce Van Ness, RUfootball HOF, All-CFL TE and HM AS his junior year at Rutgers.

PJ Prager was a great crease guy and he was not very big but he was solid, super soft hands and great in space could simply find the open Space and hands an uncanny ability to finish. Kind of pudge kid but great on the crease

Would have to be an elite finisher. The number of guys with those specs is very small. Can’t rhink of one in college or pro. I guess John Grant Jr fits the bill but he is retired. He’s also one of the best ever. And unique. Maybe a Cloutier who was at UNC. And he was slow.

AC’s don’t grow on trees. Give me that guy on the crease all day every day. He’s a big target, finishes everything, and shoots the lights out. Just wish he was indestructible.

Reactions: asgot
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT