ADVERTISEMENT

Football Rutgers linebacker Mohamed Toure is out for the 2024 season with a torn ACL

Frustrated George Costanza GIF

Reactions: thegock
If you believe in karma/superstition did all the BS/negativity about Hobbs bite us in the ass??

Not gonna lie, my immediate thought (selfishly I admit) was, " Good lord Rutgers can't catch a break! The RU Screw". Thought 1A was, "damn 2 ACL's in three years.. that sucks."
Same knee or other knee?

Not gonna lie, my immediate thought (selfishly I admit) was, " Good lord Rutgers can't catch a break! The RU Screw". Thought 1A was, "damn 2 ACL's in three years.. that sucks."
I had a girl on one of my soccer teams who tore her ACL mid-season at 13 years old. She was jogging out of bounds on an artificial turf field, in very mild rain, to pick up the ball for a throw in and caught a cleat on the turf and that was all it took.

Then she tore the other knee her freshman year of HS. Then she tore one again at some point before the end of junior year.

She finally made it through a full season her senior year, and played great. I would hold my breath in every game I watched her play.

I had a girl on one of my soccer teams who tore her ACL mid-season at 13 years old. She was jogging out of bounds on an artificial turf field, in very mild rain, to pick up the ball for a throw in and caught a cleat on the turf and that was all it took.

Then she tore the other knee her freshman year of HS. Then she tore one again at some point before the end of junior year.

She finally made it through a full season her senior year, and played great. I would hold my breath in every game I watched her play.
Wow... I applaud her tenacity and drive and I can certainly understand you holding your breath. Thought 2#, of mine, was, "man, I wonder whether he decides it's just not worth it and hangs it up? ". But I freely admit I'm someone who's initial knee-jerk/emotional reactions to things is often the worst-case scenario. It's in my DNA.

Reactions: eddynyse
Wow... I applaud her tenacity and drive and I can certainly understand you holding your breath. Thought 2#, of mine, was, "man, I wonder whether he decides it's just not worth it and hangs it up? ". But I freely admit I'm someone who's initial knee-jerk/emotional reactions to things is often the worst-case scenario. It's in my DNA.
It seems to me that the state of the art in knee repairs is improving over time. I think that, as long as he has potential to play at the next level after full recovery, he’d want to keep going.

Reactions: Kbee3
In his press conference, GS added that it was a tough training camp and the team “is a little beat up”. Not what you want hear to open the season. Sounds like a number of backups may have to play the first few games. Hopefully the team is relatively healthy for the VT game.

It seems to me that the state of the art in knee repairs is improving over time.

Yup. I often wonder what would have become of some of the athletes in the 60's, 70's and 80's if the level of medical care was where it is now. A prime example would have been Gail Sayers: imagine if they could have repaired his knees how many more years he would have played.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT