ADVERTISEMENT

Football Rutgers linebacker Mohamed Toure is out for the 2024 season with a torn ACL

Yup. I often wonder what would have become of some of the athletes in the 60's, 70's and 80's if the level of medical care was where it is now. A prime example would have been Gail Sayers: imagine if they could have repaired his knees how many more years he would have played.

IIRC back then (60s, very early 70s) if you had ACL surgery your draft status was changed to 4F.

Respectfully disagree. He is a fifth year captain and 2X sack leader. He made a great play in Yankee Stadium v. Miami, and it led to the A Wright INT on the next play. One of many special plays by a more than special player.
Okay, I can dig that. Hopefully they can rally and get past it...

Reactions: thegock
Respectfully disagree. He is a fifth year captain and 2X sack leader. He made a great play in Yankee Stadium v. Miami, and it led to the A Wright INT on the next play. One of many special plays by a more than special player.
He's a big loss for the defense but we have the guys on defense to still win games. And hopefully the offense scores more this year.

Probably the best defender overall on the team. He seemed to have a real nose to understand the opponents play and be in the right place at the right time. His lateral moves are incredible. Hopefully he comes back next year and then on to the big leagues. As Greg says "Next man up"

This is where quality depth will come in to play. Mo gone is a big loss, but next person needs to step in with a big brass set and assume the role.

Prayers for a full recovery for MO. I BELIEVE the team will rally around MO. He will be an integral mentor for the young guys. Godspeed on your recovery MO.
^^^ this ^^^ my first thought.. how it will affect his future.. 2nd thought.. how it affects us. Toure is in a tough spot next year.. they say it takes 9 months to recover.. that means next Spring he may have to test it out for football... but if he injures it again.. it would be hard to get drafted.. which would put him in the too-much-risk of injury for many teams to invest in his future. Real tough spot. Praying for the best... love the way he plays.

It seems to me that the state of the art in knee repairs is improving over time. I think that, as long as he has potential to play at the next level after full recovery, he’d want to keep going.
I assume he will be sent to HSS in Manhattan.. world-class place. But I'd also imagine some New jersey surgeons would practice there.. so same-same.

I assume he will be sent to HSS in Manhattan.. world-class place. But I'd also imagine some New jersey surgeons would practice there.. so same-same.
HSS is reputed to be among the best in the world. But I would’ve guessed that RU athletics has arrangements with New Brunswick area surgeons, perhaps docs affiliated with the med school.

HSS is reputed to be among the best in the world. But I would’ve guessed that RU athletics has arrangements with New Brunswick area surgeons, perhaps docs affiliated with the med school.

Actually they have a top orthopedic guy associated with the program. I've met him a few times.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT