ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers "Meet the outcast of the Big Ten."

The most disappointing fanbase I've met yet.

Where I sit up top there are always visiting fans. I was so looking forward to meeting the Wisky crowd on their first visit because they're an Athletic program and University I'd like us to emulate.

It was like sitting with cast of "Roseanne" around me. And this guy sounds like one of them. Awful.

Some B1G schools who were fine with playing second fiddle to OSU and UM have a hard time they may slide further down the pecking order. Now that Rutgers is better situated for success, that scares schools like Wisky, Minny, Purdue, Indiana, and Northwestern.

Some B1G schools who were fine with playing second fiddle to OSU and UM have a hard time they may slide further down the pecking order. Now that Rutgers is better situated for success, that scares schools like Wisky, Minny, Purdue, Indiana, and Northwestern.
They were happier when the B1G was the Big Two and the Little Eight.

Where I sit up top there are always visiting fans. I was so looking forward to meeting the Wisky crowd on their first visit because they're an Athletic program and University I'd like us to emulate.

It was like sitting with cast of "Roseanne" around me. And this guy sounds like one of them. Awful.
Maybe the worst fans I’ve experienced. Trashy aholes.

Looks like one. What exactly is the guy wearing in that video?
Does he forget Wisconin's record before Barry Alvarez was hired?
The 37-0 loss at home. Forget the year. Closest I got to getting into a physical altercation since sixth grade. Wisconsin fans were dickheads. Even my good friend, a Wisconsin alum, seems to talk condescendingly about RU football, kind of like, it's cute how Rutgers tries to beat Wisconsin.

1) WHO CARES??? Grouchy old message board people like us lol??!!

2) AGAIN: it’s the fans of these schools FROM THIS AREA (NJ/NY/Conn/EasternPA) that are the problem. Let’s be VERY clear about that.

I respect your opinion, but I still think Michigan owns that crown.

We've handled Indy, Purdue, and Northwestern. Gophers and Badgers are next to be humbled as we continue to climb up the B1G ranks. Hoping we do that in a couple months.

We've handled Indy, Purdue, and Northwestern. Gophers and Badgers are next to be humbled as we continue to climb up the B1G ranks. Hoping we do that in a couple months.
I (edited) feel bad for Mr Row-Row-Row your boat - NOT - because he’s gonna feel like Greg jammed an oar up his ass when that day is done.

Last edited:
I’m good. Your post just didn’t make sense and it is happy hour.
lol...other than "U" which should've been "I" (edited) my post made complete sense....and I'm home eating following hosting an Open House. No HH for this guy tonight another OH tomorrow noon-2.

The 37-0 loss at home. Forget the year. Closest I got to getting into a physical altercation since sixth grade. Wisconsin fans were dickheads. Even my good friend, a Wisconsin alum, seems to talk condescendingly about RU football, kind of like, it's cute how Rutgers tries to beat Wisconsin.
In the rain? Agree, eff those fans.

Didn't help that near the end of the game what few fans were left, were mostly Badgers.

Reactions: Knight Shift
lol...other than "U" which should've been "I" (edited) my post made complete sense....and I'm home eating following hosting an Open House. No HH for this guy tonight another OH tomorrow noon-2.
Still makes no sense. It was over the top and out of left field. And I’m not interested in your real estate stuff. Just try to make sense in the future - we have high standards here. 😁

Still makes no sense. It was over the top and out of left field. And I’m not interested in your real estate stuff. Just try to make sense in the future - we have high standards here. 😁
It completely made sense. You’re obviously not getting the joke and why/where it’s coming from lol…others got it! Our down the Ouzo!!!

“Gophers” = Fleck = “Row the boat!”

Reactions: Knight Shift
7 Rose Bowls last 25 years. 3 Final 4 Elite 8's and 10 Sweet 16's in the last 24 years. They can be a little "smug" IMHO>
a little... more than a decade since they won the Big Ten. And one Rose Bowl in that time despite not being conference champs. And if they played in the East?

Besides.. this is a Wisconsin FAN. All he had to do was decide to root for Wisconsin. Smug asshat.

2) AGAIN: it’s the fans of these schools FROM THIS AREA (NJ/NY/Conn/EasternPA) that are the problem. Let’s be VERY clear about that.
I’m talking about the first time when these schools visited here.

The people I saw were not from here.

NJ State Penn fans and alums are annoying while local Michigan ones, alums, are aloof. We know this.

Met some Walmart wolverines who were actually from Michigan, those guys were fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: RutgersRaRa
I’m talking about the first time when these schools visited here.

The people I’m saw were not from here.

NJ State Penn fans and alums are annoying while local Michigan ones, alums, are aloof. We know this.

Met some Walmart wolverines who were actually from Michigan, those guys were fine.
I disagree, sorry. The "Walmart Wolverines" - and alumni - are all over NYC/NJ and make up probably 74% or more of the fans when they play in Piscataway. Same for Wiscy (and most B1G schools we play...the VAST majority of the fans live/are from this area).

Whho knows....maybe its just where we sit/tailgate that makes it different lol!

Last edited:
a little... more than a decade since they won the Big Ten. And one Rose Bowl in that time despite not being conference champs. And if they played in the East?

Besides.. this is a Wisconsin FAN. All he had to do was decide to root for Wisconsin. Smug asshat.
Our fan base would be "smug" beyond all comprehension if we ever had a 25-year run like Wisconsin has had, in football and hoops, lol!

Reactions: RedTeam1994
I disagree, sorry. The "Walmart Wolverines" - and alumni - are all over NYC/NJ and make up probably 74% or more of the fans when they play in Piscataway. Same for Wiscy (and most B1G schools we play...the VAST majority of the fans live/are from this area).

Whho knows....maybe its just where we sit/tailgate that makes it different lol!
Again, I’m talking about what I have experienced in my Section since we’ve been in the B1G.

Those from Wisky around me were not from NJ.

Same with the Walmart ones. They actually were from Michigan. The ones from NJ must be friends of the people who sit in front of me. Those were actual alums and felt like they were too good to be here.

Iowa folks, actually from Iowa and not so bad.

It’s not that bad of a take . Guy just listed how bad our team has been . It’s true
The 3/10 is a little low . But that’s his opinion.

I found Wisconsin fans at the stadium and RAC to be asses. Might be my second least favorite fanbase

Didn’t read it ‘cause IDGAF what anybody else thinks.

I don’t get the hate for other fanbases. I’ve yet to meet fans from any school that weren’t pretty much like everybody else, generally polite and all, and I’ve gotten along with them all. The author(s) of the article don’t represent the entire fanbase. And nobody is ever going to meet or interact with even 1% of any other fanbase. So not sure how we judge whole fanbases based on our personal experiences.

I know, I know… people hate it when I refuse to hate what they hate. Sorry, not sorry,

As online fans who visit our board go, IMO, Syracuse has been the worst, by a huge margin. And WV has been the best, by an equally large margin. But again, we’re talking about a fraction of a tiny fraction of the fanbases. It’s illogical to extrapolate that minuscule sample out to the rest of the fanbases.

Our fan base would be "smug" beyond all comprehension if we ever had a 25-year run like Wisconsin has had, in football and hoops, lol!
Unfortunately for us all, that is pure speculation. But I think you have supporting evidence in the form of all the clowns who demand how other people spend their money so that they can brag about their football team.

Didn’t read it ‘cause IDGAF what anybody else thinks.

I don’t get the hate for other fanbases. I’ve yet to meet fans from any school that weren’t pretty much like everybody else, generally polite and all, and I’ve gotten along with them all. The author(s) of the article don’t represent the entire fanbase. And nobody is ever going to meet or interact with even 1% of any other fanbase. So not sure how we judge whole fanbases based on our personal experiences.

I know, I know… people hate it when I refuse to hate what they hate. Sorry, not sorry,

As online fans who visit our board go, IMO, Syracuse has been the worst, by a huge margin. And WV has been the best, by an equally large margin. But again, we’re talking about a fraction of a tiny fraction of the fanbases. It’s illogical to extrapolate that minuscule sample out to the rest of the fanbases.
We have had visitors from Nebraska and Arkansas and elsewhere (like WVU's strange fascination with the idea that the mullet is popular in New Jersey) who went out of their way to come here and be nice and reasonable folk. And I'd hope Rutgers fans visiting elsewhere would be the same. But people are tribal. Always have been, always will be.

We have had visitors from Nebraska and Arkansas and elsewhere (like WVU's strange fascination with the idea that the mullet is popular in New Jersey) who went out of their way to come here and be nice and reasonable folk. And I'd hope Rutgers fans visiting elsewhere would be the same. But people are tribal. Always have been, always will be.
…and the WVU fans FROM NJ are the annoying ones.

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
1) WHO CARES??? Grouchy old message board people like us lol??!!

This is so true. NJ residents who went elsewhere and constantly trash their home state and Rutgers. They are the worst. As to non NJ fans from other states, PSU fans are the most detestable (along with Syracuse fans), Michigan fans are the most arrogant, Nebraska fans are the most hospitable based on my observations.

This has been my experience as well. Had a client that was a big UW booster (went to a couple games with him in Madison and loved them) so had high hopes for visiting fans. Some of the worst and behind only OSU as far as ignorance when it comes to the game. The UW fans that I have interacted with at both basketball and football games wreak of Cuse false bravado from the big east days.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT