ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Men’s Lacrosse Heads to No. 4/5 Maryland for Saturday on BTN

You'll be playing on Harry Price Field against a lax coach who is the beneficiary of Harry Price Endowed Lacrosse Coach Fund. Funny story. When a former player wanted to set that up the school had just gone coed. It was suggested to him that somethhing for women might be appropriate. The response "Good point". He doubled the gift and endowed the women's HC position. A player a year behind me went to Harvard the Navy OCS. He flew an FA-18 in the Gulf War and was commander of the carrier Kennedy in the Afghanistan in the Afghan conflict. For the last 15 years of his time as HC Navy regularly sent 1 or 2 players to PG for him. There is one Blue Angel in his list of former players.
Great story. Need to hear more of these. Because I know there are many to tell.

If he utilized the technology available on the sideline like most other coaches he would have seen it real time.

Maryland lives on those iPads.
We have them. I’m sure he was told. Maryland uses them way more than anyone else. Their coach lives in that thing. It’s crazy.

Always the same old story for certain sports and teams … 44 years and counting vs UMD … but hey, MBB broke the NCAA fought so it’s possible in the next 10 years … no shot at post season so we can relax on this team for the rest of the season … hope for an upset for Penn St and a first round win in the B1G. Be happy and appreciate any additional unexpected wins.

Always the same old story for certain sports and teams … 44 years and counting vs UMD … but hey, MBB broke the NCAA fought so it’s possible in the next 10 years … no shot at post season so we can relax on this team for the rest of the season … hope for an upset for Penn St and a first round win in the B1G. Be happy and appreciate any additional unexpected wins.
Interesting that someone with RUTRACK in their signature is throwing shade at another program at Rutgers. Has any sport underperformed more at Rutgers historically outside of volleyball and golf?

Meanwhile, OSU is beating Hopkins 7-3 late in the first half on BTN Sunday night lax.

What took you so long? You forgot there was a game yesterday and remembered at 3:30 today

🤡🤡🤡🤣🤣🤣

JH came back and won in OT. Hate to say it, but this is just not our year. No need to slam the program. We couldn't overcome the injuries. Others in the B1G were more fortunate.

Season still not over. Who knows, thankfully with OSU losing in OT, we could be the 4th seed hosting Michigan or Ohio State in the B1G tourney. Big game this Friday against PSU at HOME.

Current standings per the B1G site:

Johns Hopkins 4-0 (9-3)
Maryland 3-1 (8-3)
Penn State 2-2 (8-3)
Rutgers 1-3 (7-5)
Michigan 1-3 (6-6)
Ohio State 1-3 (6-7)

Reactions: Caliknight
A little off topic here related to RU, but some of you guys are lax junkies so why not…

Not sure if you saw some scores from the Patriot yesterday or last week but the PL is headed to chaos this last couple weeks and in the league tourney…

Current Standings…

BU 4-2
Colgate 4-2
Army 4-2
Loyola 4-2
Navy 4-2
Lehigh 4-2

Bucknell 2-4
Lafayette 2-5
Holy Cross 0-6

Six teams at the top with the same record…

Next few weeks it’s gonna be crazy

Some games of note:

Loyola @ Navy
Army @ Loyola
Colgate @ BU
BU @ Lehigh
Lehigh @ Lafayette

Buckle up

I’m in my last few weeks as a lacrosse dad…I’m gonna miss it…but I’m gonna enjoy these last 3+ games…win or lose

So lucky and blessed

RU can beat PSU…

Last edited:
A little off topic here related to RU, but some of you guys are lax junkies so why not…

Not sure if you saw some scores from the Patriot yesterday or last week but the PL is headed to chaos this last couple weeks and in the league tourney…

Current Standings…

BU 4-2
Colgate 4-2
Army 4-2
Loyola 4-2
Navy 4-2
Lehigh 4-2

Bucknell 2-4
Lafayette 2-5
Holy Cross 0-6

Some games of note:

Loyola @ Navy
Army @ Loyola
Colgate @ BU
BU @ Lehigh
Lehigh @ Lafayette

Buckle up

I’m in my last few weeks as a lacrosse dad…I’m gonna miss it…but I’m gonna enjoy these last 3+ games…win or lose

So lucky and blessed

RU can beat PSU…

Wasn't Army ranked # 1 earlier this year ?

Current Standings…

BU 4-2
Colgate 4-2
Army 4-2
Loyola 4-2
Navy 4-2
Lehigh 4-2

Bucknell 2-4
Lafayette 2-5
Holy Cross 0-6

Some games of note:

Loyola @ Navy
Army @ Loyola
Colgate @ BU
BU @ Lehigh
Lehigh @ Lafayette

Buckle up

So lucky and blessed

RU can beat PSU…

It's been quite a year. While I give Army the edge for the AQ, you can't count out Colgate, Loyola or BU. If Loyola solves the FOGO problem they could go far.

Reactions: mattkamish
It's been quite a year. While I give Army the edge for the AQ, you can't count out Colgate, Loyola or BU. If Loyola solves the FOGO problem they could go far.
I agree

Not sure Loyola is gonna solve that issue. Currently rank 67 out of all D1 teams at face off %

With that said, Loyola has by far the strongest strength of schedule over the other 5 (not all schedules are created equal), and they’re on a 4 game winning streak…

Bottom line is Loyola is running uphill every game because of the face off issues…Army is the exact opposite as they are I think #2 in the country at face off %

The face off position has a disproportionate impact on the game these days…

Loyola @ Navy on Friday night (CBS Sports Network National) is a huge game in the PL

Set your DVR as I know you all will be watching RU v PSU which starts an hour earlier this Friday 😏

You'll be playing on Harry Price Field against a lax coach who is the beneficiary of Harry Price Endowed Lacrosse Coach Fund. Funny story. When a former player wanted to set that up the school had just gone coed. It was suggested to him that somethhing for women might be appropriate. The response "Good point". He doubled the gift and endowed the women's HC position. A player a year behind me went to Harvard the Navy OCS. He flew an FA-18 in the Gulf War and was commander of the carrier Kennedy in the Afghanistan in the Afghan conflict. For the last 15 years of his time as HC Navy regularly sent 1 or 2 players to PG for him. There is one Blue Angel in his list of former players.

@gef21. Hill has a PG midfielder named Hunter Falzon who's a Rutgers '24 commit. Might be of interest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT