Rutgers Men's Basketball Plays Garden State Hardwood Classic Saturday

And who’s going?

List your section if you want

Pregames bars literally right next door to The Rock

Redds Biergarten
American Whiskey

Bar near Newark Penn Station
Bellos Pub

A few years ago I was at Redds pregame and Pat Hobbs entered and started a RU chant.
Rutgers fans took the bar over. SHU fans dominated American Whiskey.

There are many beer/booze stands, a concourse full bar and bars in the Club Seats inside The Rock but the pricing is probably double compared to the nearby bars outside on Edison Pl or Bellos

Reactions: biker7766
I'll be in Section 5.

Redd's

a05be35cf90e4dbe8c7a4a724a68ac7c!_!46c623464647d0fb648e6a1b20828c70.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Scangg
everyone that I know that likes college hoops up in Jerz are talking about the game. Quite a few attending , fans of both teams

I’m surprised you’re not going bac
really? no one I know and just look at the threads here...and that was before last nights game

Once RU got into the Big 10 the rivalry started to diminish...once RU got to the NCAA tourney I think it was basically over

i do not think this is a big rivalry anymore...moreso for the sportswriters than anyone at this point
It’s another fabricated rivalry . The Kent’s and Carino’s of the world love it like Princeton. The fans and players (especially the ones not from Jersey ) not so much.
Maybe to kids like Cliff and mulcahy that lived in north jersey it might mean something.

Reactions: bac2therac
It’s another fabricated rivalry . The Kent’s and Carino’s of the world love it like Princeton. The fans and players (especially the ones not from Jersey ) not so much.
Maybe to kids like Cliff and mulcahy that lived in north jersey it might mean something.
2-7 in the last 9 matchups have put a bad taste in the mouths of a lot of RU fans.

A road win tomorrow night would be huge for this seasons RU team.

I saw Kadary Richmond said recruiting stars don’t mean anything once the player gets on the court, when he was asked about Harper

2 teams from the same state, public vs private, same conference for years

How is that fabricated? That's as natural of a rivalry as you'll get

I just like the hijinks. There have been some doozies. I'm sure Sha will be in top crybaby whining mode.

2 teams from the same state, public vs private, same conference for years

How is that fabricated? That's as natural of a rivalry as you'll get
It used to be a rivalry in the Big East days. Like the mike Sherrod fight or hodgson dribbling off his leg . Or douby on the line to win it . Those were iconic moments

It used to be a rivalry in the Big East days. Like the mike Sherrod fight or hodgson dribbling off his leg . Or douby on the line to win it . Those were iconic moments
You don't think 45-43 was iconic? 😁

some good stories here

A bunch of us lived them. I didn’t read this story - in the middle of stuff, but there was a game when we just joined the BE in basketball and were competing for Tim Thomas and Kevin Freeman as recruits.

Danny Hurley was on that team and we beat them at the RAC. At the time, the fanbases were looking at the game as the recruiting bowl but it wound up meaning nothing. Serious juice in the RAC though.

91 game? The game with Rafferty in front of 9k crazies standing..rutgers lost but the game was insane

Now that was a rivalry then

Now its rather meh

Much of it was based on RU being left behind..the little red schoolhouse

Rutgers made the Big 10 and NCAA so the inferiority complex is gone

Reactions: RUPete
Amaker getting tossed Rutgers wins 80-49

Danny Hurley mericiless booed

I think the last real juice game was the Gonzo/Hill game where RU rallied and won on an Inman 3

91 game?

Now that was a rivalry then

Now its rather meh

Much of it was based on RU being left behind..the little red schoolhouse

Rutgers made the Big 10 and NCAA so the inferiority complex is gone
True, but it’s still a mild rivalry. If that is such a thing. It’s just weird now because we don’t play twice a year and we generally don’t go after the same recruits these days. Before we were going after many of the same recruits and winning was seen as validation that you should go to school X.

True, but it’s still a mild rivalry. If that is such a thing. It’s just weird now because we don’t play twice a year and we generally don’t go after the same recruits these days. Before we were going after many of the same recruits and winning was seen as validation that you should go to school X.

RUTGERS was so bad that a win over SHU validated our season

Reactions: Scangg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT