ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Men's Soccer Hosts B1G Semifinal Against Ohio State Wednesday Night

A win likely ensures the team a spot in the Dance. Big one tomorrow night. Glad it's at home.
I wouldn't be so sure. Our RPI is only 51 right now, and if we beat OSU (#34 RPI), it could climb into the mid-40s, but not sure that's going to be enough with only 48 teams (23 autobids) making the tourney, and numerous autobids going to teams who are lower but win their conferences.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
I wouldn't be so sure. Our RPI is only 51 right now, and if we beat OSU (#34 RPI), it could climb into the mid-40s, but not sure that's going to be enough with only 48 teams (23 autobids) making the tourney, and numerous autobids going to teams who are lower but win their conferences.
Yeah I think we likely need to win out.

RU up 1-0 at the break … very physical game … both teams with good opportunities in the last 90 seconds …. Exciting game. OSU attacking and pressing big time.

RU up 1-0 at the break … very physical game … both teams with good opportunities in the last 90 seconds …. Exciting game. OSU attacking and pressing big time.
Goal was a cross and a great header by Jackson Temple the smallest guy on the field

Yeah I think we likely need to win out.
Luckily there’s a committee and not just RPI to select the teams. The #2 team in the Big Ten standings who also makes the B1G Championship game is not being left out of the NCAA. Would set a bad precedent. This is the Big Ten not the Big East

Reactions: new jersey1
Luckily there’s a committee and not just RPI to select the teams. The #2 team in the Big Ten standings who also makes the B1G Championship game is not being left out of the NCAA. Would set a bad precedent. This is the Big Ten not the Big East
Didn't that happen in baseball last season?

Reactions: rubaseball78
Damn … another let down … still tied, but it’s OSU so expect a loss. At least it’s better than the 4-0 loss to OSU in 2015.

OSU is a very aggressive team and dominating the 2nd half.

Damn … another let down … still tied, but it’s OSU so expect a loss. At least it’s better than the 4-0 loss to OSU in 2015.

OSU is a very aggressive team and dominating the 2nd half.
I think the have been in control since the last half of the first half as well. RU unable to establish possessionl

Uh-hum … baseball … looking like it doesn’t matter … OSU dominating and RU is starting to break.

They will still weigh the strength of schedule. I'm not sure either of these teams is a lock without a win tonight. The B1G is not a well-respected soccer league. It's a very similar situation to baseball, as somebody above alluded to.

Let's hope they keep it simple, and just win tonight...

Of course, these are all just my stupid opinions.

Go Rutgers!

it’s about time RU had some possession on OSU’s side of the field. Almost a minute.

OSU must own 75-85% of possession, with 80-90% on RU’s side.

MD just misses.

OSU seems to be flying all over the field. Non-stop attack the entire game by OSU.

Now RU with the great save … 2 missed opportunities by both teams.

OSU is the better team. Amazed RU has the lead with under 13 minutes to go.

5 minutes left … does RU play smart or do something stupid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT