ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers-Northwestern Game Thread

This was a great team win without Freeman.Sanders was outstanding throughout the game with 30 points.In the last 10 minutes of the game and in OT Eugene,Thiam,SA and Williams contributed key baskets, foul shots and rebounds.Northwestern was controlling the game by always making a 3 point shot when Rutgers reduced their lead to less than five points.

Rutgers never gave up and finally got some consecutive stops on defense combined with key baskets down the stretch to tie the score.After an initial basket in OT by Northwestern ,Rutgers went on a scoring run that took the steam out of the opponent .Excellent foul shooting iced the victory.Pikiell earns major props for keeping the team focused even when the offense was so bad for most of the game.Sanders was the constant energizer on the court making key baskets which then spread to other players in OT.

Great and deserved win for RU------not denying I usually pull for NW because my daughter went there but they aren't going anywhere anyway this season.

There's such a mixed bag of opinions on this but I'm a proponent of fouling with a 3 point lead----no way am I letting a guy get off a 3 under 20 seconds

Shocking that he gets that open as that was basically an uncontested 3.

Great and deserved win for RU------not denying I usually pull for NW because my daughter went there but they aren't going anywhere anyway this season.

There's such a mixed bag of opinions on this but I'm a proponent of fouling with a 3 point lead----no way am I letting a guy get off a 3 under 20 seconds

was too early to foul. not to mention if you're NW you probably don't mind us shooting a 3 pointer.

I for one am very happy that Villanova fouled with a 3 point lead in 2011. :D

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT